Captain Kennedy New Single Out 5th April

Started by The Gs Man, April 05, 2010, 01:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: The Gs Man on April 06, 2010, 05:20:35 PM
Cheers Puck, some good reviews etc so far.  Here's a wee Hot Press article.....

"On April 5, seven-piece whiskey soaked troubadours Captain Kennedy release their new double A-Side single 'Scratch That Penny'/'Sweetest Friend' via all major download sites as a pre-cursor to their hugely anticipated debut record which comes out in the summer. Last month Hot Press became the first ones to hear the single besides the band (yes, get us) and both tracks really are songs to fall in love to and 'Sweetest Friend' in particular has greatness stamped all over it, so make sure you (virtually) pick it up. For more information on the Lurgan lads and lass, check out www.myspace.com/captainkennedy."

So, if you want to fall in love......buy the songs.   :P

Just bought both.......very good.......isn't it stretch not 'scratch'?.........Whaaaaaa yer from Lurgan????....... :o.....
MWWSI 2017

The Gs Man

Aye, it's Stretch! 

Don't know what the frig happened there to be honest.  Somebody must have been messing about with the Press Release.  I've noticed that everywhere!!!!
Keep 'er lit

Main Street

Quote from: The Gs Man on April 20, 2010, 10:21:57 PM
It's all recorded/mixed.  Just need to get it mastered now.  So we're looking at a release date during the summer.  No doubt I will plug it up here anyways!!  :D
I hope the mastering doesn't transform the gin soaked authenticity into lager and lime ;D

Do you have to pay for the mastering? Do you work with the mastering engineer?

The Gs Man

The difference between an un-mastered song and a mastered song is like night and day.  Mastering basically puts a bit more life into the track.  Shines it all up and adds a bit of sparkle!  :D It's mixed to a certain volume level at the minute but when it's mastered it is brought up to the level required for radio and a professional sounding cd.

It can cost quite a bit if you have a decent mastering engineer and we'll more than likely be sitting with him when he's doing it.

The two tracks on the single were mastered but will be re-mastered for the album, just to ensure that everything is at the same level across all songs on the cd.  If you know what I mean.....   
Keep 'er lit

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

The Gs Man

Armagh/Antrim/Down.  We're a mixed up shower of fecks.
Keep 'er lit

Main Street

muppet

Quote from: The Gs Man on April 25, 2010, 01:36:24 PM
Armagh/Antrim/Down.  We're a mixed up shower of fecks.

At least you're all promoted.
MWWSI 2017