Captain Kennedy New Single Out 5th April

Started by The Gs Man, April 05, 2010, 01:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: Hardy on April 06, 2010, 12:22:43 AM
Then one probably should be listening to one's Daniel O'Donnell cassettes instead.

One sat beside Daniel on a flight from Belfast to Heathrow once. One chatted to him about golf. One never mention music nor GAA at all. One has a soft spot for Daniel. Its a bog in the ring of Gullion.

Its okay G's man. I'll listen to it on my home laptop.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Puckoon

The stretch the penny song is pretty good. I really like it. Good work fella.

The Gs Man

Cheers Puck, some good reviews etc so far.  Here's a wee Hot Press article.....

"On April 5, seven-piece whiskey soaked troubadours Captain Kennedy release their new double A-Side single 'Scratch That Penny'/'Sweetest Friend' via all major download sites as a pre-cursor to their hugely anticipated debut record which comes out in the summer. Last month Hot Press became the first ones to hear the single besides the band (yes, get us) and both tracks really are songs to fall in love to and 'Sweetest Friend' in particular has greatness stamped all over it, so make sure you (virtually) pick it up. For more information on the Lurgan lads and lass, check out www.myspace.com/captainkennedy."

So, if you want to fall in love......buy the songs.   :P
Keep 'er lit

DickyRock

Seen yous a couple of times. Keep up the good work :-D

bought them on iTunes yesterday, always happy to part with a few quid for good local talent

Main Street

Just as soon as I get my head around the "gin soaked piano",
now you're all supposed to be "whiskey soaked"  ??

The Gs Man

Quote from: DickyRock on April 06, 2010, 08:06:58 PM

bought them on iTunes yesterday, always happy to part with a few quid for good local talent

Cheers Dicky!!  Few gigs up on the myspace now as well.

Quote from: Main Street on April 06, 2010, 09:14:15 PM

;D  Bourbon, gin, whisky....sure isn't it all the same!

Quote"if you prefer your folkies with a little less glitter and a little more beard then have no fear – Armagh men Captain Kennedy play the kind of deliciously warm, woodsmoked blues that mark them out as the Irish equivalent of Mumford & Sons – and true, be-whiskered frontman Ciaran Lavery's bluesy howl and heartbroken sincerity means he bears more than a passing resemblance to Marcus Mumford, although Captain Kennedy serve their grimy Americana with a twist of gin – their sound is far more enthralled to Old Crow Medicine Show's dirty 'hey y'alls!' than Marcus's scrubbed-up take on folk. A band of true authentics......"
Keep 'er lit

Hardy

Quote from: Main Street on April 06, 2010, 09:14:15 PM

Most music critics are the fuzzy, smelly stuff that's underneath whatever is in the bottom of the journalism barrel. They will torture a metaphor until it's mutilated and trot a cliche up and down the page till it collapses, all the time desperate to imply that they are so cool that the lower reaches of the celsius scale struggle to do them justice. In other words, they will write shite like the above two sentences until the cows come home from Capistrano to roost.

They seem never to have heard of the old comparison between critics and eunuchs. If they know so much about music, how come we never see them on stage?

"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture".

Good stuff, Gs Man. Good luck with it.

Denn Forever

Was listening to Stuart Baillie when a song that sounded good but I didn't know from where.  Well you guessed it.

Didn't sound out of place so good on ya.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

Tony Baloney

Quote from: DickyRock on April 06, 2010, 08:06:58 PM

Surely you mean "a few quid for local talent". :)

The Gs Man

What can I say Mr Baloney??  The man knows good music when he hears it!  :D
Keep 'er lit

Puckoon

How much was the album in her majesty's pounds?

The Gs Man

Album isn't out just yet.......the double A-Side single is though......

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/stretch-that-penny-sweetest/id357402686

£0.79 a song.....
Keep 'er lit

lurganblue

The Gs Man

It's all recorded/mixed.  Just need to get it mastered now.  So we're looking at a release date during the summer.  No doubt I will plug it up here anyways!!  :D
Keep 'er lit