Justice for Phoebe Prince,Clare teenager harrassed into suicide in the US.

Started by BallyhaiseMan, March 30, 2010, 09:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

This was a terrible, terrible story and my heart goes out to Phoebe Prince's family and friends. What that poor lassie must have gone through...

I really hope that her tormentors get what is coming to them. Nothing can bring that young girl back but perhaps it might stop another crowd of spineless twats from engaging in such sickening behaviour.

ross matt

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 23, 2010, 05:06:55 PM
This was a terrible, terrible story and my heart goes out to Phoebe Prince's family and friends. What that poor lassie must have gone through...

I really hope that her tormentors get what is coming to them. Nothing can bring that young girl back but perhaps it might stop another crowd of spineless t**ts from engaging in such sickening behaviour.

I agree Seanie. Have daughters myself and would shudder to think of any of them being subjected to what Pheobe was. I followed the story for some time and watched the programme last night. I admire the DA that prosecuted the perpetrators. Even if they dont get convicted they are at least outed for the phychological scum that they are. No sympathy for them whatsoever. There is a new DA and this case may not go to trial. Pheobe's Dad is ambivalent about whether they should be tried or not as it obviously wont bring his precious daughter back. Very sad and disgraceful that it should be allowed happen in this day in age in  a so called civilised soceity. If anything its  a lesson in the importance of keeping the lines of communication open with your kids. However its easy for me to say as mine are'nt teenagers yet.

ross matt

Quote from: gallsman on November 23, 2010, 01:55:15 PM
Some of the comments from the start of this thread are nothing but sensationalist crap. Yes, it's an absolute tragedy, but the bloodlust on here for some teenagers (who Phoebe Prince's father requested not be tried) is shameful.
Cop on FFS! Typical PC crap. Bullies in all walks of life deserve what comes to them. Phoebe's Dad will never get his daughter back.

gallsman

Quote from: ross matt on November 23, 2010, 10:19:59 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 23, 2010, 01:55:15 PM
Some of the comments from the start of this thread are nothing but sensationalist crap. Yes, it's an absolute tragedy, but the bloodlust on here for some teenagers (who Phoebe Prince's father requested not be tried) is shameful.
Cop on FFS! Typical PC crap. Bullies in all walks of life deserve what comes to them. Phoebe's Dad will never get his daughter back.

Yet he still doesn't want them tried? Explain.

mannix

He is a bollocks if he let's them away with it, his daughter is lying cold in a grave and he would consider not allowing the justice system deal them what they deserve?
I have one little daughter and if I ever thought someone was mistreating her they would answer for it one way or the other. Puckoon was right, bullies are only bullies until they meet someone that will stand against them, in all walks of life.

laceer

An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth,leaves everyone blind and toothless

gallsman

The trouble with this case is that there's an awful lot more to it than a young girl tragically being bullied into killing herself.

A history of mental illness is a factor that nobody can afford to ignore, no matter how much vengeance they seek. Make no mistake about it, Phoebe Prince was a troubled young girl - she'd been taking anti-depressants.

As mentioned earlier, anyone who claims that teenage sexual relations involving children of the ages relevant to this case are doing nothing but attempting to pull the wool over people's eyes.

Please don't anyone dare to try to spin this as me defending or justifying the bullies' actions.

Tyrones own

QuotePlease don't anyone dare to try to spin this as me defending or justifying the bullies' actions.
Why come across as defending or justifying the bullies' actions then :-\
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

gallsman

Quote from: Tyrones own on November 24, 2010, 05:56:23 PM
QuotePlease don't anyone dare to try to spin this as me defending or justifying the bullies' actions.
Why come across as defending or justifying the bullies' actions then :-\

I don't know whether or not you're being your usual WUM self and knowing how easily I bite but not this time - I haven't defended anything they did.

Geoff Tipps

To be honest there seems to be a lot more to this story than meets the eye. The articles on Slate are worth reading.

ross matt

Quote from: gallsman on November 24, 2010, 05:53:26 PM
The trouble with this case is that there's an awful lot more to it than a young girl tragically being bullied into killing herself.

A history of mental illness is a factor that nobody can afford to ignore, no matter how much vengeance they seek. Make no mistake about it, Phoebe Prince was a troubled young girl - she'd been taking anti-depressants.

As mentioned earlier, anyone who claims that teenage sexual relations involving children of the ages relevant to this case are doing nothing but attempting to pull the wool over people's eyes.

Please don't anyone dare to try to spin this as me defending or justifying the bullies' actions.

Exactly so she was vunerable and like all blood sucking vulture bullies they sensed that and preyed on her. They've been rightly exposed for what they are and hopefully will get the punishment they deserve. Read up on the case and examine the persistent high intensity abuse they put her through and then imagine what it must have been like for for her in a new country and already as you said suffering from depression. Then see are you so generous with your compassion for them. I saw the Father's interview... he just seemed like a lost and broken man. He didnt make any strong case for not prosecuting them.... he just was ambivalent about it. The more the high publicity punishment bad bastards like these get the less chance of another vunerable person being targeted like this poor young girl was.

gallsman

Quote from: ross matt on November 24, 2010, 08:09:19 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 24, 2010, 05:53:26 PM

Exactly so she was vunerable and like all blood sucking vulture bullies they sensed that and preyed on her. They've been rightly exposed for what they are and hopefully will get the punishment they deserve. Read up on the case and examine the persistent high intensity abuse they put her through and then imagine what it must have been like for for her in a new country and already as you said suffering from depression. Then see are you so generous with your compassion for them. I saw the Father's interview... he just seemed like a lost and broken man. He didnt make any strong case for not prosecuting them.... he just was ambivalent about it. The more the high publicity punishment bad b**tards like these get the less chance of another vunerable person being targeted like this poor young girl was.

He specifically said that they shouldn't be imprisoned...

He lays the blame squarely at the feet of school administrators, which is perhaps the most relevant concern. Bullying in school is a worldwide problem that children, parents and teachers are all aware of. No mattter how much we may wish otherwise, bullying WILL occur in every single school - it's simply the nature of many children and teenagers. It's up to the school to attempt to prevent it and, when it inevitably occurs, put a stop to it as quickly as possible.