Tír Eoghain vs Áth Cliath - Páirc Uí hÉilí, An Ómaigh - 11/04/2010

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 28, 2010, 06:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Harte Calls for 16th Man

Senior Manager Mickey Harte has called for Tyrone fans to get out to Omagh on Sunday afternoon to  show their support for both Tyrone teams that will take to the field.

Tyrone fans arriving early to the game on Sunday will have the opportunity to view the Tyrone Camogs in the National League Div 4 Final against Westmeath.

Mickey told TyroneGAA.ie that "the noise generated out of the stand and the terraces in the last fifteen minutes was incredible.  It really drove our players on to secure the win.  If we could get more of the same on Sunday afternoon I believe we can secure the points we need".

Sourced TyroneGAA.ie
Testing Accessibility

omagh_gael

If he wants a 16th man I will sneak on in the last ten and play left corner forward, my left boot would give SoN a run for his money  :D

heffo

Very weak Dublin team named - Gilroy wasn't bullshi**ing all spring so when he claimed he didn't care about reaching a league final

INDIANA

Quote from: heffo on April 08, 2010, 09:13:09 AM
Very weak Dublin team named - Gilroy wasn't bullshi**ing all spring so when he claimed he didn't care about reaching a league final

DUBLIN (SF v Tyrone)
Michael Savage
Paul Conlon
Rory O'Carroll
Ross O'Carroll
Philly McMahon
Denis Bastick
Cian O'Sullivan
Eamon Fennell
Ross McConnell
David Henry
Niall Corkery
Paul Flynn
Alan Hubbard
Kevin McManamon
Bernard Brogan

I'm not going to bother with analysis because there is no point. However if anyone knows the handicap for this game for a Tyrone win could they put it up. This is a better bet then Ruby Walsh on a favourite. I could do with making a few quid.

Fuzzman

Who are the main lads yer are missing lads?
I see toung Macauley hasnt made it again.

INDIANA

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 08, 2010, 10:51:46 AM
Who are the main lads yer are missing lads?
I see toung Macauley hasnt made it again.

Cahill- no idea
Al Brogan- no idea
Keaney- no idea
Mc Auley- no idea
Griffin- injured for season
Cluxton- no idea

Canalman

Imo can only see 5 "definite starters" for the Championship on that team...... The 3 O's, Brogan (B), and Henry (as captain).
Flynn and McMenamin both probables. Hubbard maybe.

Was hoping to see a more setttled team this close to the championship and especially with the chance (admittedly unlikely) of a Lgue final appearance. Bit uneasy that Alan B and Conal have seen so little football .

On the plus side delighted to see the 3 Crokes lads in the backs...... each of them imo real gems.

As always with Dublin July/August (I hope) results/performances are the yardstick.

INDIANA

Quote from: Canalman on April 08, 2010, 11:12:45 AM
Imo can only see 5 "definite starters" for the Championship on that team...... The 3 O's, Brogan (B), and Henry (as captain).
Flynn and McMenamin both probables. Hubbard maybe.

Was hoping to see a more setttled team this close to the championship and especially with the chance (admittedly unlikely) of a Lgue final appearance. Bit uneasy that Alan B and Conal have seen so little football .

On the plus side delighted to see the 3 Crokes lads in the backs...... each of them imo real gems.

As always with Dublin July/August (I hope) results/performances are the yardstick.
the league is as good an indicator of championship form over the last 3 years as anything. So why not pick our best team. Kerry are treating their game like a championship game. JOC even said so. So aren't we?

To whom it may concern

Will be another interesting test for Tyrone, especially defensively as the Dublin forward line has been rampant at times this year. Bernard Brogan is possibly the best forward in the Country this year so far. And in fairness, he was in top form last year too. It will be a good test for the Tyrone defence as if we do claim to have realisitic All Ireland ambitions, we need to be able to handle guys like him come August. Who will pick him up? Possibly Carlin, definitely Justin McMahon had he have been fit.

McConnell should stay in goals especially for stability as we need to sort the kick out situation which is becoming a mess, what with kick outs going over the end line or straight to opposition. Can see him being loyal to ricey and davy, although i don't think you can afford to carry both these guys in the same defence and i am certain this will be exposed in Croke Park. Jordan should get a start and i suppose mccarron deserves another go.

Carlin, Joe, McCarron
Ricey, Gormley, Jordan

i presume?

Midfield has been a strong point and should remain unaltered.

Half forward line of possibly Coney, Sean and Peter Harte although don't be surprised to see Mellon in there.

Full forward line of Mulligan and Penrose and AN OTHER, think Tommy McGuigan should be tried out the field as he doesn't have the suppleness of penrose for inside, although you would then miss penrose work rate and pace in the middle third should you revert him to a traditional no.14        ==========

Final Whistle

Tyrone goal-hero Colm Cavanagh is fully confident that the team can recover from a disappointing NFL campaign to blossom on the All-Ireland SFC stage this summer.

The Red Hands take on Dublin in a must-win game this Sunday at Omagh, where defeat would leave them with the very real possibility of relegation down to Division Two and the Moy man believes that they can turn it around.

"We haven't played our best football," Cavan admitted to the Irish Daily Mirror.

"We're only playing in fits and starts so it's a matter of getting consistent for the whole 70, 75 minutes. People said we're lacking intensity but to be honest I think the intensity is always there.

"Maybe we have switched off in different periods and it had cost us. Teams like Galway and Mayo have punished us. But if we can keep it going for the whole 70 minutes I have no doubt we're heading for a good summer."

So far Cavanagh has scored three goals in the campaign, two of which have been vital in wins over Cork and Kerry, but he knows they will be for nothing unless two points are secured this weekend.

"I've scored two tap-ins and one fluke supposedly, but the goals won't mean anything if we don't beat Dublin," he said.

hognastamd.com

Tyrone Dreamer

Would be shocked if Davy Harte was dropped although I personally wouldn't pick him. It wouldn't suprise me if he went with the following defence:
Carlin
Gormley
McCarron
Harte
Ricey
Jordan
That would mean Joe playing half forward. Personally I hope Joe continue's at full back which could free Justy to play at half back or even midfield for the championship.

Tyrone Dreamer

Did the majority of the team not start throughout the league?

heffo

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 08, 2010, 12:22:06 PM

Did the majority of the team not start throughout the league?

The majority did, but after six rounds of the league it's apparent which of the 'new' players are going to cut it at IC level, which aren't and which the jury is still out on.

If he was serious about reaching a league final, he would've played his best team available..

Fuzzman

Interesting that you pick that defence TD as quite a few lads I've been chatting to have went for much the same with Block back to Full back as they feel his lack of pace could get exploited more out the field whereas he's cute enough to play FB with maybe not as much pushing forward.

Would anyone fancy going through all the players that have played this year and give a quick synopsis of them.
The only game I was at was the Derry game and its strange how things have changed since that night

We were all cursing CC and hopeful Coney would make the starting championship XV.
Looks like Carlin and maybe even McCarron have played themselves into the team with Davey going backwards to where we used to love to hate him or are we just being hard on him again.

Jordan looked good when he came on and oozed hunger and drive

Ricey looks a shadow of the player he was and needs to get back to basics & stop giving away easy possession.

Sean looks to be coming back to him all self as well but its early days but his long range point taking is a joy to watch
Speaking of which, I hope we sort out this kicking it into the keepers hands.
We must have so at least 5 or 6 each match we've played.

I think we've went from having the stongest half back & half forward line in the country to the opposite at the moment.

Cassidy has done well in the whole though he tends to drift in & out the odd time. He's strong and will certainly add to our MF area.

Mulgrew has tried but failed again and I'm sure its more in his head at this stage that he cant cut it
Tommy has really annoyed me for a while now. Maybe I'm not being fair to him and maybe he's not fully fit but he seems to not even try any more and wastes a lot of possession and frees. I'd like to see Sean hit the frees from now on.
Mugsy and Tommy miss more than they score I think.

Penrose has been a great player and has proved a lot of doubters wrong. He works his socks off and although he takes the wrong option the odd time to me has been one of our more consistent forwards

Would like to see McCullagh get more of a run but maybe Mickey is saving him for the summer.

Tyrone Dreamer

Agree with most of that Fuzzman. Personally I'd prefer Gormley at centre half back were he can read the game well and cover in front of the full back line. Would worry more about his pace being exploited at full back.

Based on league form both Davy Harte and Tommy McGuigan shouldn't be starting. Both Cavanagh and Cassidy have did well at midfield but not convinced they're both ready to start there together come championshp. Both have a habbit of coming in and out of games. Having said that I'd rather Hub was used as a sub and McGinley in the half forward line if back on form so it doesn't leave many options.

It looks like centre half forward could be Sean Cavanaghs position this year with Brian McGugian being used as an impact sub. Would worry that Dooher hasn't been seen considering he was supposed to be close to a return weeks ago. Harte didn't even mention him in Irish News.