Tír Eoghain vs Áth Cliath - Páirc Uí hÉilí, An Ómaigh - 11/04/2010

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 28, 2010, 06:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

Two weeks is a long time in a Div 1 relegation struggle. Who know what Dublin team will come to Omagh on Apr 10?

So many relegation scenarios out there it's crazy.

ONeill

Well, I'm sure Mickey'll be looking at it that it's win or bust. It's more than likely that Kerry will defeat Monaghan at home, sending Tyrone down - they could even finish last in that scenario if Derry win in Galway.

Another aspect to this game is that it's the last game before they run out against Antrim in May. If McGinley, O'Neill, Dooher etc are raring to go in 55 days time, who has worked their way into a starting berth reckoning? Have we seen enough of McCarron, Cassidy, Colm etc - will be hard to predict.

I'd like another look at Peter Harte, Coney and McCarron against the Jacks.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

I was reading in Saturday night's programme that bring in division one means an awful lot in terms of the revenue you get from the NFL shareout.

Does anyone know what the difference would be from a division 1 team to division 2 ??

ONeill

Quote from: orangeman on March 29, 2010, 10:14:42 PM
I was reading in Saturday night's programme that bring in division one means an awful lot in terms of the revenue you get from the NFL shareout.

Does anyone know what the difference would be from a division 1 team to division 2 ??

Even after that, playing the likes of the Kingdom, Cork, Mayo etc is great preparation for the season. Better than Tipp or Armagh.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

I hope the referee isn't reading this and that it is not part of his "brief" !!

Dublin presence would boost League final coffers

Dublin may yet see the Cork jersey again if they were to qualify for the final

The GAA could lose up to €600,000 if Dublin fail to clinch a place in the Allianz NFL Division 1 decider at Croke Park on 25 April.

That's the estimated difference between gate receipts for a top flight final featuring Dublin and Cork as opposed to Mayo and Cork, which is the only other possible pairing.

Defeats by Cork and Galway have left the Metropolitans needing to beat Tyrone in Omagh on Sunday week to have any chance of reaching the decider for the first time since 1999.

If Dublin win and Mayo lose to Cork it will be a Dublin-Cork final. If Dublin win and Mayo win or draw, it will be a Cork-Mayo final.

It's unlikely that Mayo v Cork (Div 1) and Down v Armagh or Donegal (Div 2) finals would attract much more than 30,000 to Croke Park but it could soar to at least 70,000 if Dublin were involved.

Dublin have been involved in some massive League encounters in recent years, including last year's clash with Tyrone, which attracted 79,161 to Croke Park on the opening night of the competition.

It returned gate receipts of €993,556 which, remarkably, was more than the rest of the subsequent Division 1 games, including the final, put together. Those 28 games returned €805,137.

omagh_gael

Quote from: orangeman on April 01, 2010, 10:42:32 AM
I hope the referee isn't reading this and that it is not part of his "brief" !!

Dublin presence would boost League final coffers

Dublin may yet see the Cork jersey again if they were to qualify for the final

The GAA could lose up to €600,000 if Dublin fail to clinch a place in the Allianz NFL Division 1 decider at Croke Park on 25 April.

That's the estimated difference between gate receipts for a top flight final featuring Dublin and Cork as opposed to Mayo and Cork, which is the only other possible pairing.

Defeats by Cork and Galway have left the Metropolitans needing to beat Tyrone in Omagh on Sunday week to have any chance of reaching the decider for the first time since 1999.

If Dublin win and Mayo lose to Cork it will be a Dublin-Cork final. If Dublin win and Mayo win or draw, it will be a Cork-Mayo final.

It's unlikely that Mayo v Cork (Div 1) and Down v Armagh or Donegal (Div 2) finals would attract much more than 30,000 to Croke Park but it could soar to at least 70,000 if Dublin were involved.

Dublin have been involved in some massive League encounters in recent years, including last year's clash with Tyrone, which attracted 79,161 to Croke Park on the opening night of the competition.

It returned gate receipts of €993,556 which, remarkably, was more than the rest of the subsequent Division 1 games, including the final, put together. Those 28 games returned €805,137.

We're fooked  :D

clarshack

we just have to go out and hammer them then and not leave it to chance.

at least we wont have duffy or hughes refereeing it - will we?.

Hound

micka the dub

Quote from: orangeman on April 01, 2010, 01:21:34 PM
Quote from: Hound on April 01, 2010, 01:19:03 PM
Getting the excuses in early lads...

Hard to bate !  ;)
maybe yiz could get the ref in to show yiz the best way to tackle without fouling,just like another ulster team done a few year ago before they played us. ;D

Gaffer

Quote from: micka the dub on April 01, 2010, 05:11:42 PM

Hard to bate !  ;)
maybe yiz could get the ref in to show yiz the best way to tackle without fouling,just like another ulster team done a few year ago before they played us. ;D

And who's us?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

mackers

Quote from: Gaffer on April 01, 2010, 05:40:23 PM

Hard to bate !  ;)

And who's us?
You're taking the p1ss........aren't you??
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Gaffer

Quote from: mackers on April 01, 2010, 05:45:30 PM

Hard to bate !  ;)

And who's us?

Arrgh ! Just read yer mans handle now.......Micka the dub
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

micka the dub

Hard to bate !  ;)

And who's us?
am i  ???.have you never heard about that.

Cde

Quote from: micka the dub on April 01, 2010, 09:31:38 PM

Hard to bate !  ;)

And who's us?
am i  ???.have you never heard about that.

:D :D  sounds a bit like Willie O Dea