Ciarraí V Muineachán

Started by Maguire01, March 28, 2010, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

KM could be referring to the one known as Gallivin down there, to rescue their survival chances.
You can imagine Kerry are desperate, mad keen to hose off the smell of getting beat by Tyrone.
Although the bookies have them at 1/4 certs to win this this game, it does not hide the cruel truths that key players have lost the appetite for the good fight. The moral rot has set in deep in the Kingdom.
Galvin at centre half back is a desperate attempt to dress an old saviour in new clothes. Can he alone rescue the Kingdom without the other proven components, McCarthy, Darragh, O'Mahony, Kennelly and that big fecker Walsh?
Jack O'Connor has his work cut out.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Main Street on April 09, 2010, 11:53:28 AM
KM could be referring to the one known as Gallivin down there, to rescue their survival chances.
You can imagine Kerry are desperate, mad keen to hose off the smell of getting beat by Tyrone.
Although the bookies have them at 1/4 certs to win this this game, it does not hide the cruel truths that key players have lost the appetite for the good fight. The moral rot has set in deep in the Kingdom.
Galvin at centre half back is a desperate attempt to dress an old saviour in new clothes. Can he alone rescue the Kingdom without the other proven components, McCarthy, Darragh, O'Mahony, Kennelly and that big fecker Walsh?
Jack O'Connor has his work cut out.

If we concede scores at crucial times like we did against Mayo then 'cutting out work' will not be as onerous for Jack..

D Freeman is a boost for us especially with young Greenan out. JP would be my man to mark Donaghy but I've a feeling Darren Hughes will be assigned that task given his athleticism. Again, having Freeman as a half back option offsets his loss in that line, if it happens. A similar start to that in Castlebar is needed and this time 'keepin the toe in er' and not conceding soft f**cking goals at critical stages! It was the same again Cork, 1-1 or 1-2 in first half injury time..

Corey needs to be utilised big time in this game. Him and Tommy at full forward with Woods/Gollogly on the 40 like the old days and Malone and McManus coming through at speed.. I really hope Banty does not persist with this craic of playing Tommy Freeman behind mid-field, the mind boggles on that one I have to say!  ::)

Main Street

You'd wonder if the Kerry posters here are worried, too worried to even give the usual token respect to the Monaghan team - 'a  close contest but we might just edge it in the end'  kind of stuff. Surely they know this match is coming up and has some deal of importance.
Could it be the  Kerry posters know the Kerry team is in deep doodoo and are waiting for 'another coming'  but are not quite sure who, if anybody, is going to come in time?

Schkite

Monaghan team by all accounts:

1   Shane Duffy
2   Dessie Mone
3   Vincent Corey
4   Neil McAdam
5   Damien Freeman
6   Darren Hughes
7   Colin Walshe
8   Dick Clerkin
9   Paul Finlay
10   Stephen Gollogly
11   Dermot Malone
12   Kieran Hughes
13   Conor McManus
14   Rory Woods
15   Tomás Freeman

16   Sean Gorman
17   Martin McElroy
18   Francis Caulfield
19   Hugh McElroy
20   Gavin Doogan
21   Mark McNally
22   Darach Mooney
23   John Paul Mone
24   Ciarán Hanratty

Kerry Mike

The Kerry Senior Football Team to play Monaghan is as follows: :

1. Brendan Kealy, 2. Marc Ó Sé, 3. Tommy Griffin, 4. Tom O Sullivan, 5. Daniel Bohan, 6. Tomás Ó Sé, 7. Killian Young, 8. Seamus Scanlon, 9. Anthony Maher, 10. Paul Galvin, 11. Declan O Sullivan, 12. Donncha Walsh, 13. Colm Cooper, 14. Kieran Donaghy, 15. Darran O Sullivan.
The substitutes are:
16. David Hennessy, 17. Kieran O Leary, 18. Adrian O Connell, 19. Brian Sheehan, 20. Mícheál Quirke, 21. Pat Corridan,
22. Brendan Guiney, 23. Gary O Driscoll, 24. Aidan O Sullivan, 25. Barry John Keane.

I like the look of our team, nearly at championship looking strength. Great to see Tomas back for another tilt at the season and also Galvin to build up the half line, ye didn't fall for that old Galvin at centre back lark did ye?

Sunday will be a tough game have no doubt about it, I have seen enough of Monaghan up close over the last few years to know their potential and we will have to play well to survive in Division One.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Main Street

I see Vinny is down to play at full back, I guess that means it's a cast iron certainty ::)
Actually thats where I´d expect him to play. Some change was needed there.
Damien Freeman must be some athlete if he is deemed fit enough to start, that might mean his brother will stick to what he does best.
Where Galvin plays doesn't matter. It's not a bad team Kerry are lining out but looks like their bench has been scorched of some quality. I don't know Bohan, could he be one of the surprises KM is alluding to?
You can't trust these Kerry folk, they would plawmas you, disguised in a compliment.

Main Street

Toe for toe at Killarney.
The Radio Kerry stream is a godsend when Northern Sound drifts off to reports from space cadet Michael Tynan at the Cavan game.

Main Street

Sounds comfortable so far for Kerry.
5 points ahead after 30 mins in a scrappy game

Main Street

Half Time,  a bit flattering to Monaghan

Kerry 0-9
Monaghan 1-4

pk205

Quote from: Main Street on April 11, 2010, 02:46:49 PM
Toe for toe at Killarney.
The Radio Kerry stream is a godsend when Northern Sound drifts off to reports from space cadet Michael Tynan at the Cavan game.

You are being very hard on Michael. Do you not think it is important that we find out about his relations social activities and his grand-daughter's great win in an art competition?

Main Street

Rory Woods off, 2 yellow cards,
a hand placed on Gallivan's face.
Radio Kerry think it's a fierce harrrshh yellow card

pk205

Somebody needs to tell Nudie that Derry's score diff could sink us.

Main Street

Weeshie has just thanked the lady for the sangwiches that they got at half-time.

Cosmo Kramer

Congrats to Monaghan on staying up (if they have infact stayed up!), well deserved.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Main Street

Tommy Freeman went off early injured.
Sounds like there was a monster free kick from Darren Hughes to score a fine point which nearly exhausted Radio Kerry Weeshie's repertoire of superlatives.