Headaches/ Migranes

Started by supersarsfields, March 18, 2010, 11:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Just looking a bit of advice. I've been getting a sore head every day now for the last week or so. Starts shortly after I get up and is located right at the front of my forehead. Sort of in my sinus area. It can get pretty bad, stopping me work etc but then once I take a headache tablet it goes and doesn't return until the following morning.
I though it might just be a temp thing but that's a week of it now. Any ideas, don't like running of to a doctor if it's going to pass. ( Plus just moved to Liverpool so don't have a Dr here yet, and the walk in centres can be a nightmare!!)

5 Sams

Quote from: supersarsfields on March 18, 2010, 11:37:41 AM
Just looking a bit of advice. I've been getting a sore head every day now for the last week or so. Starts shortly after I get up and is located right at the front of my forehead. Sort of in my sinus area. It can get pretty bad, stopping me work etc but then once I take a headache tablet it goes and doesn't return until the following morning.
I though it might just be a temp thing but that's a week of it now. Any ideas, don't like running of to a doctor if it's going to pass. ( Plus just moved to Liverpool so don't have a Dr here yet, and the walk in centres can be a nightmare!!)

Have you had your eyes tested lately....
The Aristocrat Years

norabeag

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 18, 2010, 11:47:11 AM
Quote from: supersarsfields on March 18, 2010, 11:37:41 AM

Have you had your eyes tested lately....
Agree that eyetest may be necessary, but with headaches, it would be better to get examined than leaving them to run their course. Probability it is a very simple solution but get it checked

pintsofguinness

You can buy sinus tablets over the counter - I'd get a blocked sinus an odd time but it's usually a pain/pressure over the bridge of my nose. 

I've been here two and half years now and I've still no doctor too, I really should get one. You can go to the out of hours without registering but you probably need an appointment. Last year I was coughing up blood and  was struggling to breath! and I rang the local doctors to see could I register and get an appointment - told her what was wrong with me and could I get an appointment asap. She told me I'd to make an appointment to register with them, wait 48 hours and then I could book an appointment with the doctor  ::) - good job I wasn't dying! Went to the out of hours that night and got  sorted with antibiotics.

btw, it's not a migraine you have!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Main Street

Has anyone with sinus issues tried the neti pot and what was the experience?

maggie

I have a very sore head today. :'(

heineken_on_tap

It could be stress as well, if you have moved to a new city and all that. But ya first thing would be to get the eyes checked out.

Hoof Hearted

probably not a migraine. an ordinary painkiller doesnt ease the pain of a migraine, thats why i got myself checked out. I have been getting a migraine on and off for the last 2 1/2 years, was kept in overnight in June last year after a real severe one. None since but unfortunately it will happen again. I hope you dont get them, they are terrible, The eye test would be a good theory, thats what i got done first.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 18, 2010, 12:59:51 PM
probably not a migraine. an ordinary painkiller doesnt ease the pain of a migraine, thats why i got myself checked out. I have been getting a migraine on and off for the last 2 1/2 years, was kept in overnight in June last year after a real severe one. None since but unfortunately it will happen again. I hope you dont get them, they are terrible, The eye test would be a good theory, thats what i got done first.
It's not a migraine he has, I could get as many as 2-3 a week and nothing moves them only migraine tablets (migraines are caused by the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain and migraine tables open them up again), pain killers are useless. 

People describing headaches as migraines is one of my many pet hates!

Hoof Hearted

Whats migraine tablets ? I was told to grin and bear it, i was given migramax, which can be used if you feel one coming in but no good once it's a full blown migraine

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 18, 2010, 03:03:32 PM
Whats migraine tablets ? I was told to grin and bear it, i was given migramax, which can be used if you feel one coming in but no good once it's a full blown migraine
What? There's loads you can get over the counter which work for me, though I know they don't work for everyone and I know I've to get a handful in to me as soon as I feel it coming.
Someone I know is on 3 tablets a day from the dr to prevent them though I dont know what you call them.

Grin and bear it? Ffs if I took that approach I'd spend half the week lying in bed in the dark.

magpie seanie

I used to think migraines were an excuse people invented to take a day off work, a bad headache. Then one day I got one. It was absolute torture. Thankfully I've only experienced that one.

ziggysego

I used to get terrible migranes when I was 11. Turns out it was stress related. Are you under in stress these days?
Testing Accessibility

sandwiches_in_the_boot

I suffer from bad migraines, but it sounds more like sinus related if you ask me. Someone I know got this device you inhale to clear sinus' and helped their headaches.

I'll ask them where they got it.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 18, 2010, 03:22:22 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 18, 2010, 03:03:32 PM
What? There's loads you can get over the counter which work for me, though I know they don't work for everyone and I know I've to get a handful in to me as soon as I feel it coming.
Someone I know is on 3 tablets a day from the dr to prevent them though I dont know what you call them.

Grin and bear it? Ffs if I took that approach I'd spend half the week lying in bed in the dark.

thats exactly what i had to do. well, nearly 2 days anyway, not half a week. the day i was taken to hospital, i was given a morphine injection by my GP before i went, and it never eased it one iota. The doctors were very surprised by this when i reached hospital, which was why they admitted me.