Good Priests, what have they done for you.

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, March 17, 2010, 11:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Brought to the cinema for the first time on our annual altar boy trip by our local priest. Went to McDonalds after (also for first time). In fairness to Fr L...... he fought hard with the cinema mgr to get us all in to see the new James Bond flick even though we were too young.

He was a sound man.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 24, 2010, 05:19:53 PM
What debate you eejit??  :D

I'll speak slowly for you...   I - suggested - that - Fr - Burn - will - be - silenced - for - calling - on - Brady - to - quit - and - you - said - no-one - has - been - silenced - for -  doing - that - up - to - now ...  Are-you - still - with - me?   SO!... I - then - asked - which - priest - before - now - had - called - on - Brady - to - quit... Ok? and - then - you - couldnt - think - of - one - so - you - started - calling - me - names...   APART - FROM - FR - BURN - NAME - A  - PRIEST -  HAS - CALLED - ON - SEAN - BRADY - TO - QUIT ?  :o

Doogie Browser

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 24, 2010, 05:33:10 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 24, 2010, 05:19:53 PM
What debate you eejit??  :D

I'll speak slowly for you...   I - suggested - that - Fr - Burn - will - be - silenced - for - calling - on - Brady - to - quit - and - you - said - no-one - has - been - silenced - for -  doing - that - up - to - now ...  Are-you - still - with - me?   SO!... I - then - asked - which - priest - before - now - had - called - on - Brady - to - quit... Ok? and - then - you - couldnt - think - of - one - so - you - started - calling - me - names...   APART - FROM - FR - BURN - NAME - A  - PRIEST -  HAS - CALLED - ON - SEAN - BRADY - TO - QUIT ?  :o
:D you idiot

Main Street

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 24, 2010, 02:22:16 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 24, 2010, 02:13:59 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on March 24, 2010, 11:03:53 AM
Getting closer MS well done. Any Particular priest you'd like to mention?

And what relevance has a head count of good priests or nuns (no one ever mentions the nuns) got?
Is a good priest or nun someone who does their best or someone who has a special skill for the grandiose schemes.
I can't measure the quality of a selfless social service by the criteria of a priest's bricklaying skills versus a Nun who has no bricklaying skills but gives her time to serve the homeless.

The good priests and nuns need support from the hierarchy
The minimum standard of a response to the institutional cover up has been given by the US bishops in 2002.
Why are the Irish hierarchy pathologically incapable of doing the same? The good priests and nuns deserve that support.

And as sure as that is the elephant in the room, we have people here waffling on about the good priest.
the elephant in the room is the 'conspiricy theory' that people seem to want to belive exists.

a few at the top and the middle of the Irish Catholic church are guilty,but you'd swear the whole Catholic church in Ireland , as well as globally - all knew what was going on and all helped cover it up - when in reality a priest in the next parish wouldnt have known about feck all like that !

the same measurements people are using to differentiate between good and bad priests can be as easily applied to (though this time without guesswork and with evidence of the social benefits delivered) the good work priests, nuns, christian brothers, Catholic church etc have brough to this country.
that kind of sliding scale is being used against all these (with no evidence against 'innocent' priests) so can be as applicable here - bricklayers are great and build the things, but its the priests etc that make the plans and drive the projects and help get the funding etc - thought thats fairly obvious....
dont know if they helped plan any of these zoos for the elephants you are talking about !

Yes, unfortunately for the good uns,  the whole Church in Ireland takes the rap for the institutionalised cover up.
Bishops, Cardinals  5k documents sealed in a safe. Read the report.

Until the Church Hierarchy in Ireland, as an institution, acts and accepts responsibility in the same way like the Church in the USA did, the whole institution will be tainted with the criminal stain of the cover up

give her dixie

I suggest we keep a list of priests who are calling on Brady to resign.
Has anyone got a spare postage stamp to write these names down on?

PS Fr. Burns will probably be labelled as a "Self Hating Priest"
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

longrunsthefox

Quote from: give her dixie on March 24, 2010, 05:38:26 PM
I suggest we keep a list of priests who are calling on Brady to resign.
Has anyone got a spare postage stamp to write these names down on?

PS Fr. Burns will probably be labelled as a "Self Hating Priest"

That you Dixie... guess that makes you an idiot as well  ;)

Doogie Browser

No Fox, you expressly said posters on hear (sic) would want him silenced and I said I had seen zero evidence of that (from posters) and if there was I would apologise. Simple(ton) as that.  So your pathetic attempt to twist the thread to suit your own agenda is  just well pathetic.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 24, 2010, 05:52:19 PM
No Fox, you expressly said posters on hear (sic) would want him silenced and I said I had seen zero evidence of that (from posters) and if there was I would apologise. Simple(ton) as that.  So your pathetic attempt to twist the thread to suit your own agenda is  just well pathetic.

Bullshit Mr Hangman... is threatening to lock or delete the thread, (because someone didn't like what was being said)  not a way to silence posters on it?... now read on   

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 23, 2010, 12:54:52 PM
Again, if people cannot keep this thread on topic then I'll just lock it.
There are threads on this board devoted to Clerical Abuse, please post on them.

Apology Doogie?...  :-* 

sammymaguire

I think the vast majority of the clergy are good people, nuns and all.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Main Street

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

longrunsthefox

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 24, 2010, 06:02:31 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 24, 2010, 05:52:19 PM

Bullshit Mr Hangman... is threatening to lock or delete the thread, (because someone didn't like what was being said)  not a way to silence posters on it?... now read on

The thread is being dragged off topic at every available opportunity by you and a couple of other posters, hence my mentioning locking it, as said before why not post your views on the RELEVANT thread!
Tbc....

longrunsthefox

As I said this thread was a cynical attempt to distract from the abuse controversies and of course there are good priests... but life ain't that black and white.
Apart from that Mrs Lincoln how did you enjoy the play?