GAILLIMH V TÍR EOGHAIN - Date: 21/03/2010 Time: 2 30 PM, Venue: Tuam Stadium

Started by ziggysego, March 14, 2010, 11:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Nice surprise win for us today. I wasn't expecting too much given the players we have missing but in fairness Tyrone were missing a few as well.

Without Meehan the rest of the lads seemed to up their workrate considerably knowing they couldn't depend on kicking every ball towards Mikey and letting him work some magic. Mattie Clancy and Eoin Concannon picked up the slack up front. Gary Sice played well and Joe Bergin had his best game in maroon for a long while. Blake played well at the back and David Reilly was tigerish. Also good to see Kieran Fitz back.

Gives us a chance of staying up anyway. Dublin away next and we finish at home to Derry.

NaomhBridAbú

In a game that was devoid of any real dirt from either side, the referee didnt let the game get going, was, a wee bit anti-Tyrone ( youd expect me to say that) but he never had the whistle out of his mouth. That performance today should enure that he never officates over anything bigger than a u12 blitz. twat.
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

orangeman

Galway were definitely up for the game and got stuck into Tyrone form the throw in and got a fair few yellow cards throughout the game. Big Joe countered this by throwing on a sub to ensure they weren't sent off.

Galway number 2 was lucky to stay on the pitch.

Galway were the more committed side and had some big performers on the day.

Does anyone know why Marty Duffy booked Sean Cavanagh after he appeared to get an eye injury ???

Relegation looks close now.

ONeill

This leaves two blood and thunder home games against Kerry and Dublin - a great way to prepare for the Championship. To defeat Kerry in Omagh would also drag the Kingdom into the relegation mire. Should be fireworks.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

OM Cavanagh was booked for shouting at duffy that he got a finger in the eye, Duffy the prat then strutted back 5 yards like a diva demanding that Sean came too him and procedes to book him. Plonker!

Minder

Did Cavanagh get poked in the eye ? I rewinded it a few times and couldn't see where he had been poked.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on March 21, 2010, 07:39:26 PM
In a game that was devoid of any real dirt from either side, the referee didnt let the game get going, was, a wee bit anti-Tyrone ( youd expect me to say that) but he never had the whistle out of his mouth. That performance today should enure that he never officates over anything bigger than a u12 blitz. t**t.

I assume it's Marty Duffy. Yes, he is a disgrace of a ref, and I didn't even see the game.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Jinxy on March 21, 2010, 08:04:50 PM
Booked for diving I'd say.

Don't think he was booked for diving as he had originally given the free to Tyrone?

Kerry game will be a real clinker, if we are beat we go down (more than likely) and if we beat them then they're right in the dog fight! I suppose it's a good way to finish the league opposed to playing out a few meaningless games lying in mid-table.

Tyrone Dreamer

The only good thing about today is it leaves the last 2 games very interesting. We may need to win both.

I'd be pretty worried about our defence and huge scores we are conceding against average forward lines. All the players in the half back line aren't close to their best and Justy doesn't even look comfortable at 3.

Not as concerned about the forward line as there is still players to bring back. O'Neill and Mugsy would have made a big difference in the full forward line.

Cassidy didn't get close to his form in earlier in matches and struggled a bit. Thought Colm Cavanagh had a very good first 50-55 minutes before tiring. Penrose did pretty well.

What is the story with the short kick outs? They are costing us 2-3 scores a game and are putting a defence that looks dodgy under even more pressure. Devine struggled with them which shows how difficult it was for Curran who has less experience. Great Tyrone support down in Galway today.

sam03/05

Tyrone were woeful today again. It really has been one of the worst league campaigns in years.
What to hell is Harte at, the decision not to play Sean O'Neill today after his performance last week against Cork is just unreal.
The defence were awful. Gourley was destroyed.
There appears to be a serious lack of hunger in the squad at present.

omagh_gael

Quote from: sam03/05 on March 21, 2010, 11:21:02 PM
Tyrone were woeful today again. It really has been one of the worst league campaigns in years.
What to hell is Harte at, the decision not to play Sean O'Neill today after his performance last week against Cork is just unreal.
The defence were awful. Gourley was destroyed.
There appears to be a serious lack of hunger in the squad at present.

think you're being a bit OTT there 03/05, Red Sean did hit a great point last week but his man also did serious damage at times...think Mickey was right to try other options.

Any word on Justy? On the replays it looked pretty innocuous but he was in a lot of pain coming off?

rrhf

Hes the best half back at the moment, has been for the last two years at club level and the current half back line is shocking - at what point does sean o Neill get a chance at Davy Hartes position lads - just a couple of games and then criticise him.  Without severe surgery Tyrone are going nowhere.  Yesterday would appear that some have forgotten the fundamentals of Mickey Hartes defensive gameplan or are simply not fast and fit enough to carry it out.  The short kick out tactic over the course of this campaign introduced looks to have cost us division 1 football next year - an abomination of a tactic especially as we have now the bones of a good midfield. 
Positives: Penrose, Cassidy, Cavanagh and Seans return.   
Negatives: There were players there yesterday who looked not up to it.     

MR99

Quote from: ONeill on March 21, 2010, 07:54:39 PM
This leaves two blood and thunder home games against Kerry and Dublin - a great way to prepare for the Championship. To defeat Kerry in Omagh would also drag the Kingdom into the relegation mire. Should be fireworks.
Does anyone else agree that deep down this may have been Micky's idea.  He wants the lasy 2 games to be meaningful and has set them up rightly, good championship preparation.  He lined out the team yesterday with this in mind.  You will see a much stronger team out for next week, with McCarron, Mugsy, Carlin, Sean O'Neill, McCusker all likely to start and probably Hub.

I must say that Colm Cavanagh looked to have had a good game although it was still round that middle third where we lost it.  Swift, Justy, Ricey and Gormley had poor days while Davey played to his normal standard (teams are starting to target his defending now as Tyrone's weak point).  I felt McAnulla and McCullagh were OK given the amount of ball that came in their direction.  As for the keeping, Devine looked rusty but still a big improvement from the previous keeper.  If we are going to persist with short and directed kick outs, then Dromore keeper Ward is the best man in the county at it, but for some reason Micky just doesn't want to know him.

As for regegation, it wont happen as we will win the last 2.