GAILLIMH V TÍR EOGHAIN - Date: 21/03/2010 Time: 2 30 PM, Venue: Tuam Stadium

Started by ziggysego, March 14, 2010, 11:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 18, 2010, 11:24:50 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on March 18, 2010, 11:22:06 PM
Don't worry FoSB, I didn't see Penrose either.

Feck it, didn't look beyond the half-forward line  :D

No more disco dancing...no boppin' that's for sure
I tried to do it late last night ended mangled on the floor
The legs they went all wobbly, me head it still feels numb
I've been stuck here since 3 o'clock, in agony on me bum
I know Travolta did it and boy did he look nifty
But I should really give it up as I am way past fifty

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

INDIANA

Quote from: mckieran on March 19, 2010, 10:27:37 AM
Hard to see that Galway team doing much. Fairly light midfield there, iff enough full back line too. The forward line looks a bit mish mash. Will Matt Clancy play no. 15? Is Gary Sice really a forward? Is Breathnach good enough to be no.11?
Eoin Concannon does look like a good prospect though and probably deserves a chance.

What happened to that super corner forward galway had at minor level a couple of years back. Can't remember his name.
Where is Bradshaw?

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: INDIANA on March 19, 2010, 11:04:13 AM
Hard to see that Galway team doing much. Fairly light midfield there, iff enough full back line too. The forward line looks a bit mish mash. Will Matt Clancy play no. 15? Is Gary Sice really a forward? Is Breathnach good enough to be no.11?
Eoin Concannon does look like a good prospect though and probably deserves a chance.

What happened to that super corner forward galway had at minor level a couple of years back. Can't remember his name.
Where is Bradshaw?
Reddington is the corner forward I think you are referring to.

Bradshaw is injured with all our other best players at the moment.  Hard to see past Tyrone on Sunday unfortunately as we just dont have any sort of strength in depth to deal with our current injury crisis.

mouview

If there was ever a time for the Galway management team to be bold, Sunday is it. The fact that nothing much is expected of them while at the same time playing inTuam are 2 things in their favour. They should have experimented a bit with the team; Coleman to CHB, Blake to the wing or midfield, Sice to wing-back, Conroy to CHF, Breathnach to midfield or the bench, drop Damien Burke and Matt Clancy and perhaps Joe bergin. Bad and all as things are, there's a better configuration in there somewhere with the players available at present.

GalwayBayBoy

Where is Bradshaw?

Bradshaw is injured.

If you mean Damien Reddington I think he is in college in Scotland so probably hasn't been able to devote himself to football recently.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on March 19, 2010, 11:14:08 AM

Where is Bradshaw?
Reddington is the corner forward I think you are referring to.

Bradshaw is injured with all our other best players at the moment.  Hard to see past Tyrone on Sunday unfortunately as we just dont have any sort of strength in depth to deal with our current injury crisis.

Tyrone are well short to so wouldn't totally rule Galway out. This would have been close to our midfield and forward line not so long ago and none of them are starting:
McGinley
Hughes
Dooher
McGuigan
Mellon
O'Neill
Cavanagh
Mulligan

To be fair the players in the midfield and half forward line apart from Hughes have struggled recently and are no longer definate starters. But its hard to cope without all 3 players in the full forward line.

INDIANA

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 19, 2010, 01:06:19 PM

Where is Bradshaw?

Bradshaw is injured.

If you mean Damien Reddington I think he is in college in Scotland so probably hasn't been able to devote himself to football recently.

Terrible pity. He looked a class act.

GAA_Punter

Allianz NFL Division 1
Galway v Tyrone, Pearse Stadium, 2.30pm

The loss of Michael Meehan cost Galway dearly last weekend, and he will be severely missed as the Tribesmen welcome Tyrone to Pearse Stadium.

Tyrone finally got their first league win of the current campaign last weekend with victory over Cork – a side who weren't expecting as stiff a test in Omagh, given Tyrone's recent form.

Mickey Harte's side have been steadily building though, and should claim back-to-back wins on Sunday.

VERDICT – Tyrone
Other previews on
http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/03/19/weekend-gaelic-football-previews-saturday-20th-march-sunday-21st-march/

MR99

Tyrone team this week shows either (a) that Micky has contempt for the league, is willing to forgo the points this time and wants to set up 2 humdingers with Kerry and Dubs to set a marker down for later in the year, whilst at the same time giving run outs to a couple of men to keep them on board for the training matches later in the year or (b) that Micky does not think a lot of Galway. 

I would have liked to see Sean O'Neill and McCarron starting as they deserved it after the last game at the expense od Davey (cant drop Davey!) and Gourley but I think Harte is looking towards the summer and seeing what he has on the bench.  Glad to see McAnulla and McCullagh starting but would have liked to see Mellon or someone more effective instead of Mulgrew, and maybe give more game time to Mark Donnelly or McCusker as Tommy has played almost every game this year so far.

Also, great to see the goalkeeping situation sorting itself out.

I have a sneaky suspicion though that we will sneak it by a few points after a bad first half!

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: GAA_Punter on March 19, 2010, 04:39:17 PM
Allianz NFL Division 1
Galway v Tyrone, Pearse Stadium, 2.30pm

The loss of Michael Meehan cost Galway dearly last weekend, and he will be severely missed as the Tribesmen welcome Tyrone to Pearse Stadium.

Tyrone finally got their first league win of the current campaign last weekend with victory over Cork – a side who weren't expecting as stiff a test in Omagh, given Tyrone's recent form.

Mickey Harte's side have been steadily building though, and should claim back-to-back wins on Sunday.

VERDICT – Tyrone
Other previews on
http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/03/19/weekend-gaelic-football-previews-saturday-20th-march-sunday-21st-march/

Why is there always so much confusion in the gaa over venues. RTE have the game down for Pearse Stadium as well.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on March 19, 2010, 10:39:38 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 18, 2010, 11:24:50 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on March 18, 2010, 11:22:06 PM
Don't worry FoSB, I didn't see Penrose either.

Feck it, didn't look beyond the half-forward line  :D

No more disco dancing...no boppin' that's for sure
I tried to do it late last night ended mangled on the floor
The legs they went all wobbly, me head it still feels numb
I've been stuck here since 3 o'clock, in agony on me bum
I know Travolta did it and boy did he look nifty
But I should really give it up as I am way past fifty

Copyright:  Samantha M Jones

You made your choice, managerial my arse
Of a Tyrone team fit, to grace Croke Park
Our best player of late, left off your plate
In Heavens Above!, you'd place our fate
Not for me, your bucket of posies
Without our own, Marty Penrosies
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Zulu

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 19, 2010, 01:06:19 PM

Where is Bradshaw?

Bradshaw is injured.

If that's true I'd like to talk to him, where in Scotland is he meant to be?

up tyrone

Quote from: MR99 on March 19, 2010, 05:32:45 PM
Tyrone team this week shows either (a) that Micky has contempt for the league, is willing to forgo the points this time and wants to set up 2 humdingers with Kerry and Dubs to set a marker down for later in the year, whilst at the same time giving run outs to a couple of men to keep them on board for the training matches later in the year or (b) that Micky does not think a lot of Galway. 

I would have liked to see Sean O'Neill and McCarron starting as they deserved it after the last game at the expense od Davey (cant drop Davey!) and Gourley but I think Harte is looking towards the summer and seeing what he has on the bench.  Glad to see McAnulla and McCullagh starting but would have liked to see Mellon or someone more effective instead of Mulgrew, and maybe give more game time to Mark Donnelly or McCusker as Tommy has played almost every game this year so far.

Also, great to see the goalkeeping situation sorting itself out.

I have a sneaky suspicion though that we will sneak it by a few points after a bad first half!
Why do so called tyrone supporters have to snipe at their own players?

tyroneman

What's the story with Mic Murphy?  Did little wrong in the McKenna but hasn't got a sniff lately. 

omagh_gael

Quote from: tyroneman on March 20, 2010, 08:48:53 AM
What's the story with Mic Murphy?  Did little wrong in the McKenna but hasn't got a sniff lately.

He's named on the subs bench tomorrow