Would you stand up to the Orange Order

Started by Hereiam, March 09, 2010, 03:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on March 12, 2010, 11:58:18 PM
Stood myself with 2 other guys outside Celtic Club in Lurgan. The day after the 2 children were burnt in beds. Stood with about 10 peelers around me and my uncle and mate but managed to hold a 15ft pole with a black flag hanging over them as they marched down towards the train...Scum!  The OO are responsible for some deaths in this country....

Was it not three children... the Quinns... and the b*****ds still marched down the lower Ormeau Road the next day... the Walk of Shame, the local residents called it. 

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 09, 2010, 08:26:28 PM
Let them parade away where there's no disputes. What's the harm?

Let them march with no PSNI/RUC protecting them..... See how many wants to march then!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 12, 2010, 11:59:40 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on March 12, 2010, 11:58:18 PM
Stood myself with 2 other guys outside Celtic Club in Lurgan. The day after the 2 children were burnt in beds. Stood with about 10 peelers around me and my uncle and mate but managed to hold a 15ft pole with a black flag hanging over them as they marched down towards the train...Scum!  The OO are responsible for some deaths in this country....

Was it not three children... the Quinns... and the b*****ds still marched down the lower Ormeau Road the next day... the Walk of Shame, the local residents called it.

Correct..shameless...Think they are doing nothing wrong...used to walk past the Celtic Club in slow motion playing the sash!!  About 150 police protecting them...Complete joke the money wasted to let some one flaunt their religion in public....If i done it in work i would be sacked!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 12, 2010, 11:58:46 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 12, 2010, 11:50:42 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 12, 2010, 05:45:21 PM
Quote from: Trevor Hill on March 12, 2010, 04:48:56 PM
Wolf Tones music at Orange march sees driver fined

Playing Irish rebel music as he passed an Orange parade has landed a Londonderry motorist a suspended three-month prison sentence and a £250 fine.

Sean Johnston, 27, of Holymount Park, admitted behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace and disorderly behaviour on 13 July last year.

He was arrested after driving past parade supporters on Spencer Road, while loudly playing Wolfe Tones music.

District Judge Barney McElholm said it was a "seriously stupid action".

He said that if there was such a thing as "a good time and good place" to play music by the Wolfe Tones, it was not during Orange Order parades.

Formed in 1963 the Dublin band are named in honour of Theobald Wolfe Tone, one of the leaders of the 1798 United Irishmen rebellion.

In 2002 their recording of A Nation Once Again, written in the 1840s in support of the fight to end British rule in Ireland, topped a BBC World Service poll as the world's favourite.

Other releases by the group include Rifles of the IRA and Up the Rebels.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/8565067.stm
What an utter moron

What, I sit in the car every day and have to endure that awful gangsta rap shit, I don't like it, but does that mean that the pasty white spide driving the car deserves a suspended three-month prison sentence and a £250 fine?

Behave, what he did may have been unwise, but FFS to be done for it!

He deserved the fine but the suspended jail sentence was a bit OTT. If a loyalist did the same with his songs near a nationalist paarde would be the same... he must be a gobshite.

So I've heard cars playing "flute tunes" on both the Ormeau and Antrim rds, should they not be fined also?
The other thing is, we don't know the details of this man's indisgrision, how close was he, how long was he in their earshot (or was it just a peeler heard him?), also which song was being played at the time, "Quare things in Dublin", "The man from Mullingar" or "The Streets of New York"?
Tbc....

The Watcher Pat

Me and my mate were stuck between 2 bands other side of Lurgan...He's a bit crazy and would have got out to fight if anyone had have hit his car...So what does he do!! put's on Eire OG!! The Marshall standing beside the war memorial could hardly get outta the way fast enuf by the time we got down there...By the way if any one had have threw a btl at Zola's car he probably would have got out there and then...Leaving me to shit my self in his car!

ardmhachaabu

GDA yer man "admitted behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace and disorderly behaviour on 13 July last year. "

Seriously, you have to be an utter moron to do what he did.  He's lucky he got away so leniently, my guess is that it was part of the deal that he admitted it
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

fitzroyalty

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on March 13, 2010, 12:30:04 AM
Me and my mate were stuck between 2 bands other side of Lurgan...He's a bit crazy and would have got out to fight if anyone had have hit his car...So what does he do!! put's on Eire OG!! The Marshall standing beside the war memorial could hardly get outta the way fast enuf by the time we got down there...By the way if any one had have threw a btl at Zola's car he probably would have got out there and then...Leaving me to shit my self in his car!
He'd prob take them all on...and win  :D

balladmaker

QuoteSeriously, you have to be an utter moron to do what he did.  He's lucky he got away so leniently, my guess is that it was part of the deal that he admitted it

Harsh in the extreme.  Surely the presence of the Orange Order on the street was a threatened breach of the peace in itself.  As for the Judges comments when summing up his decision, do Judges have complete immunity when speaking in court?

Quotebut does that mean that the pasty white spide driving the car

A bit of a generic statement there, I'd say there are many cars all over Ireland, driven by decent people, many on this board, which currently has a Wolfe Tones CD playing at present.  Are they all pasty white spides?  Catch a grip ffs.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: balladmaker on March 13, 2010, 12:44:40 PM
QuoteSeriously, you have to be an utter moron to do what he did.  He's lucky he got away so leniently, my guess is that it was part of the deal that he admitted it

Harsh in the extreme.  Surely the presence of the Orange Order on the street was a threatened breach of the peace in itself.  As for the Judges comments when summing up his decision, do Judges have complete immunity when speaking in court?
I think they do yeah.

An idiot for what he done but the 2 year suspended sentence is joke and you can be assured if it was the other way around there would be no arrest or anything else.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quotebut does that mean that the pasty white spide driving the car

A bit of a generic statement there, I'd say there are many cars all over Ireland, driven by decent people, many on this board, which currently has a Wolfe Tones CD playing at present.  Are they all pasty white spides?  Catch a grip ffs.

Balladmaker, read what I said, I was talking about "gangsta rap", and yes a generalisation, but the majority of drivers I see/hear playing that music are pasty white spides.
Tbc....

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: fitzroyalty on March 13, 2010, 11:49:03 AM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on March 13, 2010, 12:30:04 AM
He'd prob take them all on...and win  :D

You know him then? lol

Maguire01

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 13, 2010, 12:50:40 PM

I think they do yeah.

An idiot for what he done but the 2 year suspended sentence is joke and you can be assured if it was the other way around there would be no arrest or anything else.
It was 3 months suspended!

And there's more to it than just playing the music. According to today's Irish News, the police indicated to the driver to stop, but he laughed and drove on. When he was stopped further on up the road he became abusive and then resisted arrest. Now that's looking a bit closer to a 3 month suspended sentence.

As for the judge's comments:
"it was a forlorn hope to think that anyone who goes around playing the Wolfe Tones all day could ever have sense talked into them as their senses had probably been hammered into submission"
:D

But the best quote is at the end of the article from a Sinn Fein Councillor:
"People should have a right to express their culture"
In case anyone's confused, (I think) she was talking about the defendant. Classic.

Maguire01

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on March 13, 2010, 12:02:50 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 09, 2010, 08:26:28 PM
Let them parade away where there's no disputes. What's the harm?

Let them march with no PSNI/RUC protecting them..... See how many wants to march then!
I said "where there's no disputes" - i.e. let them march away in their own areas, where there's no need for protection because nobody is opposing them.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 13, 2010, 01:55:02 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 13, 2010, 12:50:40 PM

I think they do yeah.

It was 3 months suspended!

And there's more to it than just playing the music. According to today's Irish News, the police indicated to the driver to stop, but he laughed and drove on. When he was stopped further on up the road he became abusive and then resisted arrest. Now that's looking a bit closer to a 3 month suspended sentence.

As for the judge's comments:
"it was a forlorn hope to think that anyone who goes around playing the Wolfe Tones all day could ever have sense talked into them as their senses had probably been hammered into submission"
:D

But the best quote is at the end of the article from a Sinn Fein Councillor:
"People should have a right to express their culture"
In case anyone's confused, (I think) she was talking about the defendant. Classic.
Oh I dont know where I picked up 2 years from, must have read it wrong but 3 months suspended is still a joke.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something