Tyrone v Cork - Healy Park, 13/03/10

Started by omagh_gael, March 08, 2010, 10:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Having watched the replay tonight I think I was wrong. Cavanagh went for it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on March 15, 2010, 12:15:06 AM

I think you're right...was certain it was a fluke at the game but seeing it on Sunday sport plNtedxa seed of doubt!

Did someone mention earlier in the thread that setanta games are replayed on the MSK channel on sky sometime in the midweek?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Yep, I believe he most definitely did, and thought so at the time too.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 15, 2010, 12:21:08 AM

I think you're right...was certain it was a fluke at the game but seeing it on Sunday sport plNtedxa seed of doubt!

Did someone mention earlier in the thread that setanta games are replayed on the MSK channel on sky sometime in the midweek?

MSK channel? huh?
Testing Accessibility

randomtask

curran is a joke, complete s**t wonder how many points he has managed to give away in his Tyrone career to date. still have alot of worries about Tyrone, some players seem to have went down hill, Brian mc guigan, enda mc ginley and Davey harte have been very poor to date need big improvements. on the flip side have been impressed with aiden cassidy, marty penrose and marty swift. Penrose especially has been tremendous in most matches, if i was asked to lay out Tyrone's strongest team it would be:

1. J Devine
2. M Swift
3. J Mc Mahon
4. S O Neill
5. P Jordan
6. C Gormley
7. R Mc Menamin
8. A Cassidy
9. S Cavanagh
10. T Mc Guigan/ R Mulgrew / C Cavanagh
11. C Mc Cullagh
12.J Mc Mahon
13. M Penrose
14. S O Neill
15. O Mulligan

I still think we have a big chance of regaining all ireland glory this year!!

ONeill

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 15, 2010, 12:23:46 AM

Yep, I believe he most definitely did, and thought so at the time too.

Do you want a medal?

Must admire the way Colm has shown what Mickey obviously believed in. He is slowly getting there.

Some are saying Hub/Cassidy are the ideal SFC pairing. If O'Neill, Penrose and Mugsy are raring to go, and the 2 McGuigans and Joe too, the options for midfield must be Sean and another. That leaves McGinley, Cassidy, Colm and Hub. And that's discounting Dooher!

ONeill

Quote from: randomtask on March 15, 2010, 12:34:53 AM
curran is a joke, complete s**t wonder how many points he has managed to give away in his Tyrone career to date. still have alot of worries about Tyrone, some players seem to have went down hill, Brian mc guigan, enda mc ginley and Davey harte have been very poor to date need big improvements. on the flip side have been impressed with aiden cassidy, marty penrose and marty swift. Penrose especially has been tremendous in most matches, if i was asked to lay out Tyrone's strongest team it would be:

1. J Devine
2. M Swift
3. J Mc Mahon
4. S O Neill
5. P Jordan
6. C Gormley
7. R Mc Menamin
8. A Cassidy
9. S Cavanagh
11. C Mc Cullagh
12.J Mc Mahon
13. M Penrose
14. S O Neill
15. O Mulligan

I'd have

McConnell

Gormley
Justin
Ricey

Nephew
Joe
Jordan

Cassidy
Hub

Dooher
Sean
Enda

Tommy
O'Neill
Mugsy

But Mickey will never have that. The full back line might struggle against nippy CFs late on. He won't move Joe into HB. Penrose will start under Mickey.

cadhlancian

Quote from: ONeill on March 15, 2010, 12:47:45 AM
Quote from: randomtask on March 15, 2010, 12:34:53 AM

1. J Devine
2. M Swift
3. J Mc Mahon
4. S O Neill
5. P Jordan
6. C Gormley
7. R Mc Menamin
8. A Cassidy
9. S Cavanagh
11. C Mc Cullagh
12.J Mc Mahon
13. M Penrose
14. S O Neill
15. O Mulligan

I'd have

McConnell

Gormley
Justin
Ricey

Nephew
Joe
Jordan

Cassidy
Hub

Dooher
Sean
Enda

Tommy
O'Neill
Mugsy

But Mickey will never have that. The full back line might struggle against nippy CFs late on. He won't move Joe into HB. Penrose will start under Mickey.
Jaysus Shane,,,,cant believe you dont have Penrose in your 15, maybe thats why Mickeys picking the team ;D

Tyrones own

I'd have

McConnell

Gormley
Justin
Ricey

Nephew
Joe
Jordan

Cassidy
Hub

Dooher
Sean
Enda

Tommy
O'Neill
Mugsy

Gormley in the corner...jaysus I hope not, He'd be ate alive in there nowadays.
CHB is the spot for him imo, I  think we are a more cohesive unit defensively
when he's shoring up the centre.
I'd actually tend to go along with RT's team named above...Penrose will have to figure
for his pace and work ethic and with wee Brian not firing on all cylinders McCullagh will
be very welcome...remembering how important he's been the last couple of years.

My attempt:

Devine
Ricey
Justy
Swift
Harte
Gormley
S O'Neill
Cass
Sean/Joe
Tommy/Dooher
McCullagh
Joe/Sean
Penrose
O'Neill
Mulligan
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ziggysego on March 15, 2010, 12:29:47 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on March 15, 2010, 12:21:08 AM

MSK channel? huh?

It's one of the SKY channels. Try in or around 430. It shows GAA during the week.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Final Whistle

He says he meant it, but keep telling him it was a fluke anyway! He has shut a lot of people up, but only temporarily as Tyrone fans are as fickle as they come. He had a stinker against Derry (his first cometitive inter county of the year after quite an important surgery) and the knives were sharpened, stabbed and turned. Those criticising the keeper Curran should take note of the above as he could prove you all wrong yet. Have Tyrone fans never heard of loyalty? These men are sarcraficing their lives on behalf of us and deserve our upmost respect/graditude.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Tyrones own on March 15, 2010, 03:59:35 AM
I'd have

McConnell

Gormley
Justin
Ricey

Nephew
Joe
Jordan

Cassidy
Hub

Dooher
Sean
Enda

Tommy
O'Neill
Mugsy

I'd actually tend to go along with RT's team named above...Penrose will have to figure
for his pace and work ethic and with wee Brian not firing on all cylinders McCullagh will

My attempt:

Devine
Ricey
Justy
Swift
Harte
Gormley
S O'Neill
Cass
Sean/Joe
Tommy/Dooher
McCullagh
Joe/Sean
Penrose
O'Neill
Mulligan
Quote from: Tyrones own on March 15, 2010, 03:59:35 AM
I'd have

McConnell

Gormley
Justin
Ricey

Nephew
Joe
Jordan

Cassidy
Hub

Dooher
Sean
Enda

Tommy
O'Neill
Mugsy

My attempt:

Devine
Ricey
Justy
Swift
Harte
Gormley
S O'Neill
Cass
Sean/Joe
Tommy/Dooher
McCullagh
Joe/Sean
Penrose
O'Neill
Mulligan

Davy Harte seems to be a given on most peoples team - i just think at the minute he is really struggling to find form - personally thought he was very poor on saturday night!
That was never a square ball!!

Nally Stand

Lot of criticism of wee Brian. If there's one man deserves every opportunity to get game time and get in form it's him.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

orangeman

Dermot Carlin isn't in any of those teams and IMO has been one of Tyrone's better performers.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Final Whistle on March 15, 2010, 08:18:56 AM
He says he meant it, but keep telling him it was a fluke anyway! He has shut a lot of people up, but only temporarily as Tyrone fans are as fickle as they come. He had a stinker against Derry (his first cometitive inter county of the year after quite an important surgery) and the knives were sharpened, stabbed and turned. Those criticising the keeper Curran should take note of the above as he could prove you all wrong yet. Have Tyrone fans never heard of loyalty? These men are sarcraficing their lives on behalf of us and deserve our upmost respect/graditude.

Its a very good point. It seems pretty clear that Curran's confidence is low so having a go at him is not going to improve matters. Young Cavanagh was unfairly singled out early in the season but deserves great credit for getting the head down and sticking at it. He needs to keep that up, I still feel there is more to come from him.
No need to worry about the likes of Brian McGuigan, Enda McGinley and Davey Harte. These boys are class and with games under their belt will be primed to hit form when it matters, their situation is different to younger lads on the panel.
Bit lucky overall on Saturday but we were due a bit of luck. Think Cork are a bit further down the road at this stage of the season than Tyrone are so any win against them is a good result. Need to aim for the win in Galway to keep climbing away from the bottom.