Gaa Managers getting paid

Started by GAA_Punter, March 03, 2010, 06:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Roscommon have only one fan, who rolls his eyes?

(I don't get paid for this).

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hardy on August 06, 2010, 06:27:05 PM
Roscommon have only one fan, who rolls his eyes?

(I don't get paid for this).

No Hardy, I think you're misreading it. He blamed the one Roscommon fan's rolling eyes. In fairness it would be offputting.

The face

Quote from: bcarrier on March 04, 2010, 07:25:12 AM
Talking about revenue commissioners on TV3 now.

A misunderstanding about where tax liability lies is emerging in my view - would it not be the the employer ie gaa county boards rather than employee ie the manager who is responsible for tax and failure to deduct PRSI etc ?

Absolutely correct!

Logan

Quote from: The face on August 06, 2010, 11:14:15 PM
Quote from: bcarrier on March 04, 2010, 07:25:12 AM
Talking about revenue commissioners on TV3 now.

A misunderstanding about where tax liability lies is emerging in my view - would it not be the the employer ie gaa county boards rather than employee ie the manager who is responsible for tax and failure to deduct PRSI etc ?

Absolutely correct!

Yes, CB's can basically do what they want with money - it's up to the manager, coach etc to declare it

muppet

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 06, 2010, 04:53:29 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 22, 2010, 03:29:28 PM
GAA director general Páraic Duffy launched his annual report today and appears to be eager to tackle the issue of payments to managers.

Duffy confirmed that he wants to establish a committee later this year to examine the current situation

'There is more than enough evidence to allow us conclude that some are accepting payment is excess of what is permitted,' he said in the report.

Other major talking points of the report include Duffy's concerns over the amount of money being spent by inter county teams and his intentions to address a 'clear imbalance' in the suspension system where players are banned for a length of time rather than a number of matches.

The report also revealed that subscription television is not a route that the GAA is likely to embrace in any significant manner in the years ahead.

Duffy also dismissed the idea of a restruture of the championship in the style of a 'Champions League' format and claims that the current set-uo is best suited to the needs of the assosiation.

Has he done anything yet?

He has established that he wants to establish a committee to establish something at some time or other. Do keep up.

I have not been remunerated for this comment though I am open to offers.
MWWSI 2017

johnneycool

Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2010, 06:12:32 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on August 06, 2010, 04:53:29 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 22, 2010, 03:29:28 PM
GAA director general Páraic Duffy launched his annual report today and appears to be eager to tackle the issue of payments to managers.

Duffy confirmed that he wants to establish a committee later this year to examine the current situation

'There is more than enough evidence to allow us conclude that some are accepting payment is excess of what is permitted,' he said in the report.

Other major talking points of the report include Duffy's concerns over the amount of money being spent by inter county teams and his intentions to address a 'clear imbalance' in the suspension system where players are banned for a length of time rather than a number of matches.

The report also revealed that subscription television is not a route that the GAA is likely to embrace in any significant manner in the years ahead.

Duffy also dismissed the idea of a restruture of the championship in the style of a 'Champions League' format and claims that the current set-uo is best suited to the needs of the assosiation.

Has he done anything yet?

He has established that he wants to establish a committee to establish something at some time or other. Do keep up.

I have not been remunerated for this comment though I am open to offers.

Its hard to beat a good committee for talking plenty but getting nothing done.

western exile

Will the committee get paid?   8)

NAG1

Just expenses and Travel, no direct payments will change hands.  ;)

seafoid

I read the thread for a minute there as "GAA managers getting laid"

Now that would be something.

Logan

We all know managers neither get paid nor laid ...
::)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: seafoid on August 12, 2010, 03:45:51 PM

its more common than them getting paid from what I have heard over the years !

stephenite

Quote from: ross4life on August 06, 2010, 05:31:13 PM
During his 2 and half year spell in charge of the Rossies John Maughan was given a free apartment & new Car (was rumours he got paid too)

And you have proof of this?

Maughan was rumoured to be on STG50k in Fermanagh, from Sean Quinn. I know this to be incorrect... it's easy to sling rumour around on the internet, i do it all the time, But when it comes to somebody elses money and tax liabilities or lack thereof we should be quiet

JMohan

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 13, 2010, 01:54:10 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 12, 2010, 03:45:51 PM

its more common than them getting paid from what I have heard over the years !

I've heard a few stories!!!

It would be more dangerous to mention those than allegations of payment!!

mrgaa1

the majority are getting paid - we all know that.  one way or another they get paid.  its a full-time job now and how they expect to outwit well paid accountants who know how to hide things?

JMohan

You think they are outwitting them alone?