Latest Scores

Started by GAA_Punter, February 28, 2010, 01:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: seafoid on April 29, 2010, 04:00:14 PM
Are waherford putting in much at underage level, Deiseach?  Cork have been crap at minor level for a number of years.

Oh what the stats don't tell ya.
The Cork Minor team has been strong over the last few years, it's just never really took into any shape. Put in some great matches that we argueably should have won against Tipp, but they don't make it onto the history walls, a great team, just no direction and rotten to the core, wrong teams picked, wrong players selected because of politics, an underage system drowning by itself, with not a hand in sight. We would have been a lot more succesfull had we any sort of set up at under age level. Like I said, the teams were always there or there about..

We won Munster in 05 and 07, and were runners up in 2003, 2004 and 2006.
Not too bad for a county with no structure or set up.

cicfada

Cork's record at underage has been crap allright! Galway with a quarter of the underage players and less than half the amount of  clubs have twice the amount of national titles in hurling and football!  But then Galway are waiting 22 years for a senior hurling title!  Cork finally getting their act together but the amount of crap being sent to clubs now to do from the co board is over the top! Have  you seen this "Lee Flag initiative" thing Reillers?? Pure rubbish!!

Reillers

Quote from: cicfada on April 29, 2010, 11:06:22 PM
Cork's record at underage has been crap allright! Galway with a quarter of the underage players and less than half the amount of  clubs have twice the amount of national titles in hurling and football!  But then Galway are waiting 22 years for a senior hurling title!  Cork finally getting their act together but the amount of crap being sent to clubs now to do from the co board is over the top! Have  you seen this "Lee Flag initiative" thing Reillers?? Pure rubbish!!

True, underage success doesn't mean senior success, and the perfect example is Galway, we've players coming up from it, and we have had over the years, that are very good and served us well, Shane O Neill especially, captains are born down there, captained minor and U21 to Munster finals if memory serves me right.

As for the CCB.
The strategic review..there's a few radical proposals in there..some are good. The Lee Flag Scheme? It seems that it's a little bit too controlling for me. Like the idea of it is fine, but it seems very big brotherish to me, too much so. A lot of working being asked to be done and not a lot of time to do so.

They're asking a lot, and like a lot of clubs struggle to stay with it, it'll be a big ask for a lot of clubs.

Ya it could be a kick in the behind a few clubs need, it's just, it seems slightly, and maybe I'm being a bit paranoid, but it seems that the CCB has seen what the clubs can do, and they never want to see that again, and this is a way of controlling them, of sorts. I don't know.
The ideas are ok, but I mean, have ya read it, it's a fair ask.

deiseach

I would say about Waterford that we had two players on Wednesday - Padraig Prendergast and Eamonn Murphy - who looked the absolute dogs. You read it here first. And while winning at Minor and / or Under-21 level is wonderful in itself, the ultimate goal is to provide a springboard to the Seniors. They certainly look the part

seafoid

Quote from: Reillers on April 29, 2010, 05:03:46 PM
[Put in some great matches that we argueably should have won against Tipp, but they don't make it onto the history walls, a great team, just no direction and rotten to the core, wrong teams picked, wrong players selected because of politics, an underage system drowning by itself, with not a hand in sight. We would have been a lot more succesfull had we any sort of set up at under age level. Like I said, the teams were always there or there about..

For a top 3 county Reillers the lack of cork minor and u-21 all-Irelands has been noted. Why have Galway a better minor record than cork over the last 10 years? Nobody cares about Munsters  btw. It's about all-Irelands, boy. Tipp have done it and the Cats have done it but where are the red jerseys?  Doesn't it concern you? 

Reillers

Quote from: seafoid on April 30, 2010, 01:37:04 PM
Quote from: Reillers on April 29, 2010, 05:03:46 PM
[Put in some great matches that we argueably should have won against Tipp, but they don't make it onto the history walls, a great team, just no direction and rotten to the core, wrong teams picked, wrong players selected because of politics, an underage system drowning by itself, with not a hand in sight. We would have been a lot more succesfull had we any sort of set up at under age level. Like I said, the teams were always there or there about..

For a top 3 county Reillers the lack of cork minor and u-21 all-Irelands has been noted. Why have Galway a better minor record than cork over the last 10 years? Nobody cares about Munsters  btw. It's about all-Irelands, boy. Tipp have done it and the Cats have done it but where are the red jerseys?  Doesn't it concern you?

It concerns me more the way it's run, the talent is there, but it's ran disracefully, it's totally neglected and politics over everything else dominates it. The team can do fine by themselves for a while, but when the big days come, an they're asked to go out and win, they don't have the system behind them to support them or the coaching needed. The best teams are rarely if ever picked and the lads were for a very long time just expected to go out and give it a lash, there's no structure or system to the underage set up, it's rotten to the core. But we still get players out of it, good players at that.

And no way cares about Munster..everyone in Munster cares about Munster. One of the best days out Munster final in Thurles, and the games it produces..Munster is Munster.

seafoid

The cats don't care about Munster. Neither does Mattie Murphy. Tipp wouldn't consider a munster minor championship an achievement. Why should Cork ?

Reillers

Quote from: seafoid on April 30, 2010, 02:31:07 PM
The cats don't care about Munster. Neither does Mattie Murphy. Tipp wouldn't consider a munster minor championship an achievement. Why should Cork ?

I was talking about Munster as a championship, what it is, having to explain it says a lot. Winning Munster is an achievement, maybe not a main priority, but it's a great achievement, especially when you win games like the ones Cork and Tipp have competed in. To win those games..it actually means something.

GAA_Punter

Saturday 8 May
Press F5 or Refresh for latest scores
Ulster SHC
Donegal 0-00 0-00 Armagh, Letterkenny, 2.00pm
Tyrone 0-00 0-00 Cavan, Omagh, 2.00pm
Fermanagh v Monaghan, Brewster Park, 4.00pm

Christy Ring Cup Round 1
Down 0-11 0-14 Kerry, Newry, 1.30pm HT
Westmeath v Derry, Cusack Park, 2.30pm
Wicklow v Mayo, Arklow, 3.30pm
Meath v Kildare, Pairc Tailteann, 3.30pm

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/05/08/gaa-saturday-8th-may-live-scores-previews-results/

GAA_Punter

Donegal 0-04 1-06 Armagh, 2.00pm
Tyrone 1-05 0-07 Cavan, 2.00pm
Christy Ring Cup Round 1
Down 1-15 0-20 Kerry 1.30pm http://wp.me/pFM7o-42e

GAA_Punter

Christy Ring Cup Round 1
Down 1-19 0-27 Kerry, Newry FT
Westmeath 5-15 3-16 Derry, Cusack Park, 2.30pm AET
Wicklow 1-10 2-11 Mayo, Arklow, 3.30pm
Meath 0-08 0-15 Kildare, Pairc Tailteann, 3.30pm

Ulster SHC
Donegal 1-13 3-23 Armagh, Letterkenny FT
Tyrone 6-24 1-14 Cavan, Omagh FT

GAA_Punter

Ulster SHC second round
London 2-07 – 1-07 Monaghan
Armagh v Tyrone, Casement Park, 4.00pm

Christy Ring Cup round 2a
Kerry 2-06 – 0-08 Westmeath, Tralee, 2.00pm
Kildare v Wicklow, Newbridge, 3.30pm

Christy Ring Cup round 2b
Derry v Meath, Banagher, 3.30pm
Mayo 0-03 1-06 Down, Charlestown, 2.30pm

Leinster MHC Shield
Carlow v Dublin, Carlow, 3.00pm
Westmeath v Offaly, Cusack Park, 3.00pm

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/05/15/gaa-live-scores-results-15th-may-2010/

Farrandeelin

Mayo were losing by 4 at half time. 0-8 to 1-9.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GAA_Punter

Ulster SHC second round
London 3-16 – 1-15 Monaghan FT
Armagh 0-00 0-00 Tyrone, Casement Park, 4.00pm

Christy Ring Cup round 2a
Kerry 3-15 – 2-11 Westmeath, Tralee FT
Kildare 0-08 1-07 Wicklow, Newbridge, 3.30pm

Christy Ring Cup round 2b
Derry 0-04 0-04 Meath, Banagher, 3.30pm
Mayo 2-12 3-19 Down, Charlestown FT

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/05/15/gaa-live-scores-results-15th-may-2010/

Lecale2

Christy Ring Cup quarter-finals

Westmeath 1-11 0-11 Down,
Wicklow 2-06 1-09 Meath,