Down v Armagh - Newry - 20 March 2010

Started by Shortso79, February 28, 2010, 12:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norabeag

Quote from: Apple Crumble on March 17, 2010, 05:57:33 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on March 17, 2010, 12:40:03 PM
Co not think I have ever heard of Andy Mallon, Donaghy or Duffy ever accused of cynicism, even in club football. Much of this talk is based on media hype from a number of years ago. We really do not have many players who could fit the typecast of old. New manager, new team. Just hope for a good game with a  good refereeing performance. What neither team need is suspended players.

Whats' Down's Martin Clarke general play like?  i.e. if he wasn't hitting the frees, would he be a definet starter?
Nah he's useless ;)

lawnseed

true, paddy O wont want to see down trashed but the players will go for it regardless. mckeever loves this stuff, he'll be on clarkes tail, in his face, never fails to rise to the occasion.  hate to use martin mc hughs meanderings but clarke v mckeever will be worth queing for. it'll be low scoring i think armagh by 4 or 5. downs defence is waiting to be exposed.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Anyone know how long of a ban Tony and Trevor got hit with?

ardmhachaabu

In Tony's case, it couldn't be long enough
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

THE MIGHTY QUINN

I agree with your first point but not the second

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: hardstation on March 17, 2010, 10:57:21 PM
It will be interesting on Saturday night. History between the two and serious rivals. Both are probably at the same level. Would be great to be there to see it.
I'm backing Trevor Hill.

As for the shite that will be served up on the pitch, who cares? Neither will do fcuk all this year.
:D

This from an Antrim man too
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Does Tony know Trevor's true identity? If not he'll be at a disadvantage and will, no doubt, be looking over his shoulder all evening

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: hardstation on March 17, 2010, 11:07:39 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 17, 2010, 10:58:40 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 17, 2010, 10:57:21 PM
It will be interesting on Saturday night. History between the two and serious rivals. Both are probably at the same level. Would be great to be there to see it.
I'm backing Trevor Hill.

As for the shite that will be served up on the pitch, who cares? Neither will do fcuk all this year.
:D

This from an Antrim man too
An Antrim man has said that neither Armagh or Down will do fcuk all this year, yeah. Will they?
That remains to be seen.  Writing them both off when both have potential is kind of silly though, don't you agree?
How about seeing how the rest of the league pans out and then make predictions from there?

I reckon Armagh have the potential to surprise everyone this year, regardless of whether they do anything in Ulster.  Down, maybe not, their backs have been proven to be as leaky as a sieve to date

ardmhachaabu

HS, if I was a gambler, I would call you on that.

Tell you what, even if we don't get past Derry, I reckon we will still get to quarter finals at the least through the back door

Trevor Hill

Armagh have to be raging hot favourites for this years AI. A county with such a history and with such a record in AIFs has to be one of the front runners every year. Add in the new management and his standing with the Armagh support, is it any wonder Darragh O`Se retired.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: hardstation on March 17, 2010, 11:42:32 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 17, 2010, 11:37:41 PM
HS, if I was a gambler, I would call you on that.

Tell you what, even if we don't get past Derry, I reckon we will still get to quarter finals at the least through the back door
That's your 'surprise'? Quarter final? Can't fault your ambition... ::)
Well, I'd say it would surprise most punters if Armagh were to make it that far even.  I wouldn't be foolish enough to say they would win outright  :P

T Fearon

To clarify my previous comment, it is my opinion that serious GAA Fans (ie those like myself who attends most league games and all Championship games for the past 30 odd years) should purchase a season ticket. The price in my opinion is not prohibitive (though I concede for some it may be) particularly for regular attendess, represents good value for money and a saving on the admission price for the sum of the games it affords admission to, and most importantly, and the prime motivation for me was the guarantee of tickets for all games, league or Championship, in which one's county is involved.. Now I'm sorry if this offends some people, but that is my rationale. Of course if you are not able to attend many games, then it doesn't make sense to purchase a season ticket.

Yes I was banned for two days for fueding. As for 5 Sams, Trevor Hill (or anyone else who hides behinds pyseudonyms) they know where to find me on Saturday night if they want to have a go, though in Trev's case there might not be much left for me to do when my wife's finished with him :D

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on March 18, 2010, 09:25:32 AM
To clarify my previous comment, it is my opinion that serious GAA Fans (ie those like myself who attends most league games and all Championship games for the past 30 odd years) should purchase a season ticket. The price in my opinion is not prohibitive (though I concede for some it may be) particularly for regular attendess, represents good value for money and a saving on the admission price for the sum of the games it affords admission to, and most importantly, and the prime motivation for me was the guarantee of tickets for all games, league or Championship, in which one's county is involved.. Now I'm sorry if this offends some people, but that is my rationale. Of course if you are not able to attend many games, then it doesn't make sense to purchase a season ticket.

Yes I was banned for two days for fueding. As for 5 Sams, Trevor Hill (or anyone else who hides behinds pyseudonyms) they know where to find me on Saturday night if they want to have a go, though in Trev's case there might not be much left for me to do when my wife's finished with him :D

Fair play to ya Tony :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Ceart agus Cóir

Trevor and Tony would you two not go private with your love affair ... set up msn, get a webcam, meet for a date ... ya wouldn think theres any football to be played this saturday night with you two langers! Im sure all down and armagh people alike will agree!

Think if Down play well on sat night, theyl win .... but have a bad feeling Armaghs experienced defence wont let them play! tight one but hopefully Down by 2

naka

Any one know if Charlie vernon is fit for sat
evening