Down v Armagh - Newry - 20 March 2010

Started by Shortso79, February 28, 2010, 12:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceart agus Cóir

You probably could blag tickets outside the ground, im sure therel be spares on a Saturday night!

mackers

GDS went through the probable match ups in the Down attack/ Armagh defence a few pages back, I'd say he's most of them right with the exception of the Finn Mo match up with Coulter. Looking at that Down line up, who will McCartan put on Stevie? I'm sure it's not going to be Dan McCartan, poor lad had a torrid time of it against Clarke in the Championship in 08.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: mackers on March 19, 2010, 10:22:41 AM
GDS went through the probable match ups in the Down attack/ Armagh defence a few pages back, I'd say he's most of them right with the exception of the Finn Mo match up with Coulter. Looking at that Down line up, who will McCartan put on Stevie? I'm sure it's not going to be Dan McCartan, poor lad had a torrid time of it against Clarke in the Championship in 08.

You reckon P Kernan?

mackers

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on March 19, 2010, 10:27:48 AM
Quote from: mackers on March 19, 2010, 10:22:41 AM

You reckon P Kernan?
Yea, I'd give him a go at it anyway. Finn's doing well going forward but I'd worry about him and his tendency to foul. PK has had a few chances with mixed results, it's about time we find out whether he is up to it or not. It'd be a good test for him.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Pearse og on March 18, 2010, 10:10:14 PM
Is there a bigger inter-county rivalry between the fans than Armagh/Down?

Obviously not on the field as Armagh win all the the time ;D

I'd imagine Dublin/Meath would be up there. Dublin haven't been beaten by them in a while either. This is a great thread, highly entertaining though. Hope ye meet in the league final and Mayo are there so we could see the venom spewed by both sets of fans!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mountainboii

Armagh unchanged (maybe):

Philip McEvoy
Andy Mallon
Brendan Donaghy
Paul Duffy
Paul Kernan
Ciaran McKeever
Finnian Moriarity
Ronan Austin
Kieran Toner
Joe Feeney
Aaron Kernan
Gareth Swift
Ryan Henderson
Steven McDonnell
Stefan Forker

http://www.armagh-gaa.com/Football/News/Armagh-team-to-play-Down.aspx

illdecide

Got my 2 tickets last night so looking forward to the match now, everyone is expecting a cracker match but i reckon the opposite will happen. Both managers will be cautious and not wanting to loose this so i will be expecting a very defensive game...this should suit Armagh but I'm gonna sit on the fence here and call a draw...0-11 to 0-11 ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

rory

Heavy rain is forecast for Saturday.  Not sure who it will suit.

mountainboii

Quote from: rory on March 19, 2010, 10:53:24 AM
Heavy rain is forecast for Saturday.  Not sure who it will suit.

Supposed to be heavy through tonight, but to stop around midday tomorrow.

T Fearon

Heavy rain will suit those of us seated in the covered stand ;D

Match betting 10/11 Down 15/2 Draw and 11/10 Armagh

Banana Man

I'm with I'llDecide on this one, I reckon it's going to b a damp squib, realistically it's a league game with 2 points up for grabs, both managers won't want to lose but is a win worth all the associated risks??

I'd say if it's level with 5 minutes to go neither side will have the swingers to go for it

Ceart agus Cóir

Quote from: T Fearon on March 19, 2010, 11:08:11 AM
Heavy rain will suit those of us seated in the covered stand ;D

Match betting 10/11 Down 15/2 Draw and 11/10 Armagh

The aristocrats will be nice and dry...wheres that betting? regardless of the quality, the rain will help make an entertaining and hopefully an epic derby for atmosphere

Ulick

Dunno, I think (hope) it will live up to expectations. Massive crowd, floodlit atmosphere, Clarke v McKeever, the winner in pole position for promotion. Can't wait...

mountainboii

Quote from: Ulick on March 19, 2010, 11:17:58 AM
Dunno, I think (hope) it will live up to expectations. Massive crowd, floodlit atmosphere, Clarke v McKeever, the winner in pole position for promotion. Can't wait...

On this, unless Armagh take an unlikely hammering by about 20 points, both teams with still have promotion very much in their own hands regardless of the result.

T Fearon

I reckon the large crowd will inspire both sides and I've seen very few Armagh Down damp squibs in league or championship (though admittedly the one sided affair in 1999 came close).

Surely also O'Rourke is cast in the position of Jose Mourinho (Inter Milan V Chelsea) in that he will simply love to win this one to prove a point.