Down v Armagh - Newry - 20 March 2010

Started by Shortso79, February 28, 2010, 12:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hill

Quote from: Pangurban on March 15, 2010, 08:48:25 PM
A totally irrational decision by the Co.Board, if it were they that made the decision have game all ticket. The charging off U16s is an absolute disgrace, and i hope a decision they have not heard the last off. The Clubs must make their voices heard on this issue

The decision was made around lunch time by the county board. I got a text during my lunch from someone who was at the meeting. They are even takling Wednesday off which means that they have 3 days to sort this mess out.
They had originally planned to make the game all ticket but dropped the idea.

armaghniac

This should not be decided with 5 days to go. If a clear decision had been taken earlier they could have sold tickets at the Armagh Kildare game, or the last Down home game, reducing the hassle for the clubs and all concerned. .
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Trevor Hill

Quote from: armaghniac on March 15, 2010, 08:57:06 PM
This should not be decided with 5 days to go. If a clear decision had been taken earlier they could have sold tickets at the Armagh Kildare game, or the last Down home game, reducing the hassle for the clubs and all concerned. .

It is the Down county board we are talking about. Reducing hassle for the average fan is not on certain peoples agenda. Obviously I cannot say too much on a public forum, but not everyone is happy. This is going to mean a hell of a lot of work and grief for some.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Clubs have now been put in the position where they have been asked to order tickets from the County Board with a few hours notice and told that if they order too many they'll have to pay for the surplus tickets. Its an absolute disgrace the extra pressure that has been piled on club administrators because of a farcical and inept decision making process.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

T Fearon

Any true, serious GAA fan should own a season ticket, in my opinion. You avoid all the hassle on occasions like this and can rest content that your seat/ticket is always secured no matter what. It was the prime motivation as far as I was concerned at any rate

Sounds to me like the GAA is doing its best to sell out a game that would have attracted between 13,000 to 15,000. Once people hear its all ticket they panic and a rush develops that would not otherwise have materialised. Good marketing ploy all the same

mackers

Quote from: T Fearon on March 15, 2010, 10:40:52 PM
Any true, serious GAA fan should own a season ticket, in my opinion. You avoid all the hassle on occasions like this and can rest content that your seat/ticket is always secured no matter what. It was the prime motivation as far as I was concerned at any rate

Sounds to me like the GAA is doing its best to sell out a game that would have attracted between 13,000 to 15,000. Once people hear its all ticket they panic and a rush develops that would not otherwise have materialised. Good marketing ploy all the same
I'd say it'll have the opposite effect Tony, a lot of people who would've shown up on the night couldn't be arsed with the hunt for tickets and will watch it on TV.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

mountainboii

Quote from: mackers on March 15, 2010, 10:45:58 PM

I'd say it'll have the opposite effect Tony, a lot of people who would've shown up on the night couldn't be arsed with the hunt for tickets and will watch it on TV.

Exactly. Just look what happened in Inniskeen a week ago.

T Fearon

Yeah mackers, that always happens around All Ireland Final time ::)

The match presumably is on setanta, which will preclude a lot of people seeing it.

I would say there'll not be too much hassle getting a ticket for anyone who wants one, but I'm just glad I have a season ticket and am now spared all this hassle and can even celebrate future All Ireland semi final wins for Armagh, without euphoria immediately giving way to worrying about final tickets.

Trevor Hill

Are you trying to portray youself as a serious gaa man? Your own county wouldnt even give you a ticket for the All Ireland final in 2002. Thats how seriously you are taken. There were quite a few of your customers wetting themselves laughing at you in the credit union and they could easily have sorted you out. Go back to Windsor Park, it was your first and only true love.
I see you are now predicting 15000. What happened to your prediction of 10000 last week?

Long Ball

T Fearon the demand for tickets for this Staurday's match can hardly be likened to that for an All-Ireland Final.
As for people needing to buy a season ticket to prove they are true GAA people- I have never heard so much BS! Not many GAA people who work and have young families can travel the length of the country for a match every weekend one is on. I really think you need to wind your neck in
Drive yer boot in her!!

Ceart agus Cóir

i see thare are no concessions either...complete greediness by either county board or gaa...how was the Tyrone V Derry match handled or even Kerry V Cork...surely not in the same manner.

disgrace as a student/oap and all children to have to pay £10 (fiver for kids) at a cold league match...say what ye like about it bein a big occasion but its only the league

worse than that people now have 3 days in the middle St Patricks week to make their way to Castlewellan (im from newry) no consideration at all! paying at the terrace would have been grand...put ya in bad form for a cracking game!

Lazer

Is there a reduction in season tickets for students or pensioners? - No - so can you not have serious fans that are entitled to concessions?

Anyway - the season tickets are a con to get more money, since you have to buy a ticket for even match even if your not going - unless you cancel the tickets, when you consider the qualifiers - these matches can be miles away every weekend - it can just be too much money for some people. As can the fact you get charged for a stand ticket for every championshio match when the terraces are cheaper
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

illdecide

Tony i thought you were a right fella but recently you have went of the rails completely. I haven't missed a championship in i don't know how long, i don't get to many league match's as I'm involved with our senior team and most days Armagh are playing in the league we either have a match or training. I also have 2 young kids to attend too which makes it even harder to get.

So does that make you more of a Gael than me or anyone else...you have made it quite clear that your first love is soccer so don't come on here patronising the rest of us because you won or found a season ticket somewhere.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fairplay

full back

Any true, serious GAA fan should own a season ticket, in my opinion.

That is on par with Trevor Hill saying money isnt the problem (or something similar)
Complete sh1te