Mayo V Dublin - The lets start losing the run of ourselves final

Started by Mayo4Sam, February 26, 2010, 02:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

May as well start this.
Dont think it will tell us too much about Mayo, I'll be honest and say that I dont think Dublin have changed from the last few years.
Trouble is we dont know if mayo have either
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

seafoid

When the 12th imam comes back to earth to lead the Shia  he will be accompanied by a manager for Mayo who will
bring the county to the promised land. There will be an end to all hype and non-firing forwards and the world will enter a golden phase where all Mayo tears will turn into laughter.

blanketattack

A dress rehearsal for this year's All-Ireland final.
You heard it here first. (and last)

seafoid

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: seafoid on February 26, 2010, 02:47:51 PM
When the 12th imam comes back to earth to lead the Shia  he will be accompanied by a manager for Mayo who will
bring the county to the promised land.
Paidi O'Se told us he is that man!

Farrandeelin

Mayo v Dublin final... could you imagine the build-up. Dublin would be hot favourites, the last time the counties met in a final was 1921 and I'd be hoping Mayo would right that wrong seen as Dublin won that one, wait I am losing the run of myself! ;)

As for the next game, it's a hard one to predict, because the two teams it's a case of when they're good, they're very, very good, but when they are bad, they are horrid. Hopefully being at home will keep Mayo's momentum going. I wouldn't be surprised if Dublin won though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

As long as it's better than last yrs game, that was absolutely putrid.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 26, 2010, 07:38:20 PM
Mayo v Dublin final... could you imagine the build-up. Dublin would be hot favourites, the last time the counties met in a final was 1921 and I'd be hoping Mayo would right that wrong seen as Dublin won that one, wait I am losing the run of myself! ;)

As for the next game, it's a hard one to predict, because the two teams it's a case of when they're good, they're very, very good, but when they are bad, they are horrid. Hopefully being at home will keep Mayo's momentum going. I wouldn't be surprised if Dublin won though.

Mayo are playing well at home and seem to be on form lately beating Galway twice and Tyrone away. For some reason we like playing against Dublin and always seem up for it. I was chatting to a Dub today who is raring for it too so I expect a good contest. They have good wins over Derry and Kerry so Dublin are also on a bit of a run.

There isnt much between the two teams. It depends on how Dublin travel as home advantage is always worth a few points to Mayo so I think we will shave it.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Barney

Great chance for the winners to secure Division 1 status next year. Do that and they can start a push towards trying to win the competition out.

Any word on the Ronaldson appeal? McMahon got heard, Ronnie was supposed to have his heard?

Good start to the season. Still worry that we could be exposed at the back but small progress being made.

Farrandeelin

It'll be over in a week! Dublin fans fierce quiet, regarding this game.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 01, 2010, 09:24:16 PM
It'll be over in a week! Dublin fans fierce quiet, regarding this game.

Just goes to show what the league means. Both Mayo and Dublin look ok to survive in Division 1 and that seems to be the only thing that matters. God forbid that anybody should try and win the bloody thing.
There really is a problem that so much time and money is spent prepring intercounty teams for a knockout competition that only lasts 5 months and about 5 weeks for most teams. Sam is the only show in town but it s not an ideal state of affairs.
  It has nt been helpful that the league hardly registers with the media. What is more damaging is the fact that the league is regularly a guinea pig for the rule makers. Players are doing their best with new rules. Refs are doing their best to implement some ideas of how some people think we should play the game.. Frankly in a way it can never be played again - and probably never was anyway. Supporters who attend these games are usually subjected to a whistlefest of frustration of confusion and frustration. Then hypotermia sets in.

rosnarun

you have to wait for the 6 nation egg chasing and the english soccer to end brfor youll hear much of a peep out of the union Jack wavers
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Hound

Not much to comment on until the teams are named.

But, as usual, there will be a sizeable travelling contingent of Dubs at the game on Sunday, so the atmosphere should be pretty decent for a league match.

seafoid

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on February 26, 2010, 07:33:29 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 26, 2010, 02:47:51 PM
bring the county to the promised land.
Paidi O'Se told us he is that man!

This is gas

http://tigerwoodsisgod.com/blog/index.php/evidence-of-tigers-divinity/