The new Irish

Started by seafoid, February 25, 2010, 10:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

I came across a listing for the Tyrone under 15 development squad that featured a player called
Karsan Varsani (Naomh Mhuire). How many counties have promising under age lads who would have roots in other countries such as Poland, India or wherever ? Is there likely to be a decent contingent of these players in the next 10 years or so ?   

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/county/football/news/story.jsp?newsid=935

ziggysego

Tyrone are way ahead of the game. We have a Canadian playing for the senior team.
Testing Accessibility

Estimator

Quote from: ziggysego on February 25, 2010, 10:32:23 AM
Tyrone are way ahead of the game. We have a Canadian playing for the senior team.

Screen have a Canadian in their ranks as well
Ulster League Champions 2009

Canalman

Very common here in Dublin so as to not now  even warrant a mention. West county teams/schools would have a large contingent of "new Irish" on their teams. Presume that will funnell through to the inter county set up in due course.

Anecdotally, (acc to the team pictures in the Soccer supplement of the E Herald) there seems to be more playing soccer....... understandably enough I suppose.

JUst retired

I thought the tyrone senior team were skating on thin ice. ;D

Zapatista

No! >:(  He's a Dromore man through and through ;)

A Quinn Martin Production

Naomh Mhuire...is that Killyclogher??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

omagh_gael

It's an east Tyrone amalgamation AQMP...not 100% sure but is it derrytresk/brocagh? Could be way off though

tyrone86

Edendork/Killyman.

St Pats Cavan had a couple of lads of African descent playing on a side that won a Rannafast 3 or 4 years ago

usa07

Quote from: Zapatista on February 25, 2010, 12:36:41 PM

No! >:(  He's a Dromore man through and through ;)
yes but he was born in canada along wit his bro!!

Bod Mor

Mayo have a lad called Ronaldo....
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

stephenite

Mayo had a New Zealander long before Ricey came on the scene - Danny Culloty was from San Fran - I'm sure there's plenty more

armaghniac

I heard that some of them Israeli "new Irish" were very good shots.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

They shot themselves in the feet over in dubai by the looks of things. Wouldn't hit Clery's window wirra politically effective brick as they say in Dublin, (sort of).  Did you ever see pictures left behind after an IRA or UDA murder?   

longrunsthefox

Quote from: stephenite on February 26, 2010, 12:50:27 AM
Mayo had a New Zealander long before Ricey came on the scene - Danny Culloty was from San Fran - I'm sure there's plenty more

Is McMenamin not Canadian?