What if the FAI did this?

Started by T Fearon, February 24, 2010, 09:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

I availed of the special offer to all GAA season ticket holders and purchased two tickets for the Club Finals for a mere 5 euros each a few weeks ago. Earlier this week I got an email from the season ticket office informing that the date on some of the tickets printed was 17th March 2009 but that this would not preclude entry on St Paddy's Day as the barcode is the important feature. I checked my tickets after the email and lo and behold they had the wrong year, ie 17th March 2009.

Apart from feeling not too bad about booking a hotel for the wrong weekend 7 years ago (at least I got the correct year ;D), it also struck me that had the FAI made such an error (fairly innocuous in the grand scheme of things), they would have been ridiculed left right and centre, not least on this Board.

mylestheslasher

Why would anyone ridicule any organisation for a typing error on a ticket which makes no difference to its use? I'd say you'd do well to buy a €5 ticket for a semi final in soccer though.

T Fearon

Not ridiculing as I qualified my post originally be explaining its a fairly innocuous error, but I'll bet had the FAI done something similar it would have been used to argue their incompetency etc. 5 euros is a great price for tickets in the lower central section of the Cusack ;D

Farrandeelin

Tony, I couldn't give a flying f**k about the FAI. Why bring up these things anyway?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Trevor Hill

Fearon do you have any interest in gaelic games or do you get your kicks from being critical of everything and anything. The wrong date is printed on your ticket, so what, you will still get into Croke Park on St Patricks Day for a measly 5 euro. I dont see the FAI offering value like that.
Maybe you could write to the Belfast Tele or the Irish News again in the hope that you will get something free.

stibhan

'I'm really annoyed about nothing but I'm wondering if people are annoyed about something if it happened to another organisation who have next to nothing to do with what I'm talking about/'

The same FAI couldn't organise a piss-up in a GAA clubhouse.

Well, they actually couldn't, because of rule 42.

stevecw

Ok they made a bit of an error, but at least they let you all know that those tickets were still valid.
€5 in is some amazing price, and seen as you bring the FAI into it, well they would never do a deal as good as that for sure.

Fair play to the GAA for having tickets going for that price, didn't know about that one till now. I didn't avail of the season ticket this year as I have the player pass that gets me in for free for the league, so no need to buy the season ticket.

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on February 24, 2010, 09:40:55 PM
I availed of the special offer to all GAA season ticket holders and purchased two tickets for the Club Finals for a mere 5 euros each a few weeks ago. Earlier this week I got an email from the season ticket office informing that the date on some of the tickets printed was 17th March 2009 but that this would not preclude entry on St Paddy's Day as the barcode is the important feature. I checked my tickets after the email and lo and behold they had the wrong year, ie 17th March 2009.

Apart from feeling not too bad about booking a hotel for the wrong weekend 7 years ago (at least I got the correct year ;D), it also struck me that had the FAI made such an error (fairly innocuous in the grand scheme of things), they would have been ridiculed left right and centre, not least on this Board.

God forbid someone gets the date wrong for one of the biggest dates in the GAA calendar, eh Tony ;)
Testing Accessibility

Trevor Hill

Quote from: ziggysego on February 24, 2010, 10:55:12 PM

God forbid someone gets the date wrong for one of the biggest dates in the GAA calendar, eh Tony ;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Go hoist the Union Jack up outside your house Tony ya Imperalist Garrisonball lover.   :D

Heres a picture of two of your favourate teams playing,
England V The Huns  ;D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

INDIANA

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 24, 2010, 10:00:23 PM
Tony, I couldn't give a flying f**k about the FAI. Why bring up these things anyway?

Because it has recently been revealed Tony is actually John Delaney.