Derry City of Culture?

Started by Doogie Browser, February 24, 2010, 02:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AbbeySider

An indian guy is walking down the street, he is surrounded by a gang of loyalists,
One asks:"Are you a fenian?"
Indian says: "I dont understand I am from Delhi?!"
They kick the shit out of him and say:
"It's Londonderry you fenian c**t!!"
:D

ziggysego

Historial? Yes. Cultural? I lived in it for a few years and can say no.
Testing Accessibility

Bensars

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Bensars on February 24, 2010, 04:02:30 PM
Aye a claiming culture !
:D

Quote from: ziggysego on February 24, 2010, 03:47:05 PM
Historial? Yes. Cultural? I lived in it for a few years and can say no.
I disagree with you, history and the historical events that have occurred in Derry over the years are inextricably linked to the Culture of the 6 counties for both communities and as such Derry can claim to have as much culture as anywhere else in the 6.  If you are telling me Norwich or Birmingham are more deserving than Derry I would say rubbish.

Culture is such an ambiguous word nowadays anyway.

red hander

February 24, 2010 ... the day satire died

Maguire01

QuoteThe winner could host events such as the Turner Prize, BBC Sports Personality of the Year and the Brits.
Who would have thought it - competing for the chance to invite the Brits back to Derry.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 24, 2010, 06:19:25 PM
QuoteThe winner could host events such as the Turner Prize, BBC Sports Personality of the Year and the Brits.
Who would have thought it - competing for the chance to invite the Brits back to Derry.
Imagine Grayson Perry dandering through Derry of a Saturday night! Broken ja's all round.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

And 2013 is the 400th anniversary of the foundation of London Derry. ::)..before then, it was a pigsty.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

ross4life

istanbul is currently the European Capital Culture Can't really compare the two cities
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Lady GAA GAA

Tony Baloney

Couldn't help laughing at a report I heard earlier which mentioned "the benefits this would
bring to Derry".

T Fearon

Just as long as they don't allow Nadine Coyle to speak at the opening or closing ceremonies ;D

Downsides:

More crap songs from Phil Coulter
Gerry Anderson, Dana etc over exposed on all media.
John Hume canonised before death