Captain Kennedy ~ New single

Started by The Gs Man, February 21, 2010, 12:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

For those of you that give two fecks......

Stretch that Penny / Sweetest Friend

Ahead of their debut album hitting the shops in early summer 2010, Captain Kennedy will be releasing a download only, double A-side of Stretch That Penny / Sweetest Friend. The single will be available for download from iTunes, Amazon and other online retailers from 5th April 2010.

Stretch That Penny, powered by fiddle and gin-soaked piano, has already been featured as part of the BBC's Raw Money campaign, providing sound advice for hard times.

Sweetest Friend, often regarded as the band's signature tune and a firm favourite with Captain Kennedy fans, has been given a new lease of life with this release. Often described as a heartfelt and poignant ballad, Ciaran Lavery's gravel infused vocals ensure the song keeps its rawness and spontaneity.

BIOGRAPHY

Captain Kennedy are a 7-piece band from Ireland. 2009 saw the band establish their position on the Irish music scene with a number of high profile festival appearances, the highlight being two dates at the prestigious Open House Festival. Other impressive gigs including sharing the stage with the likes of Alela Diane, Noah and the Whale and Foy Vance and appearances on the same festival bills as renowned artists such as Steve Earle, Mumford and Sons and Laura Marling, have cemented Captain Kennedy's reputation as a formidable live act.

2010 sees the band release their debut album "See You When I See You". The album, produced, recorded and mixed by well renowned producer Mudd Wallace (Therapy?, Andy White, Pat McManus), sees the band play on their strengths, namely the ability to deliver a catchy, melodic tune whilst maintaining their edgy, raw sound, an enduring feature of Captain Kennedy's live shows.

For details of upcoming gigs, please visit http://www.captainkennedy.co.uk

Keep 'er lit

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

The Gs Man

The single will be getting its first airing on Stuart Bailie's show this Monday night.  Tune in from 10pm.  94.5 on your FM dial.... :-*
Keep 'er lit

Denn Forever

When you are on MP3fiesta, you'll know you're famous.

Post again closer to the date as a 6 week prior notice is a bit too long.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

The Gs Man

Ah, but you can hear it on Monday night......getting it out there to the people before we try and fleece them!   :D
Keep 'er lit

ziggysego

Is it downloadable from anywhere? I'm not one for going to the shops.
Testing Accessibility

The Gs Man

From 5th April on all good online retailers.....
Keep 'er lit

Denn Forever

Quote from: The Gs Man on February 24, 2010, 08:08:15 PM
The single will be getting its first airing on Stuart Bailie's show this Monday night.  Tune in from 10pm.  94.5 on your FM dial.... :-*

I assume its tonight?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

The Gs Man

It is indeed! From 10pm....hopefully both songs will get played.

Tune in to Radio Ulster at 94.5fm, Channel 0118 on Sky or online at www.bbc.co.uk/radioulster

Hope you enjoy!!!!
Keep 'er lit

The Worker

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Gs Man

QuoteFollowing the exclusive play of our new single on Stuart Bailie's show on BBC Radio Ulster, we have now added the double A-Side of Stretch That Penny / Sweetest Friend to our myspace. The single will be available to purchase on iTunes, Amazon etc. from 5th April.

Just go here: http://www.myspace.com/captainkennedy

Let the slagging commence!
Keep 'er lit

The Gs Man

That was an old photo taken in 1868.
Keep 'er lit