Captain Kennedy ~ New single

Started by The Gs Man, February 21, 2010, 12:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Well I was having this discussion on a music board about how important it is to have an image as a music group. While everyone would like to think that they listen to bands that they like exclusively for the quality of the music but from what I've found is that people will also gravitate towards an image that they are most comfortable with too.

For example I wouldn't for a second stop to listen to a band that look like this:

or this

or if you are under 30 years old and play your guitar strapped up this high on you

and theres a million other examples. And looking at the photo's of Captain Kennedy you could pretty much predict what they sound like and therefore is quite effective in that sense.

and just like to add that it sounds very good, well done.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Or this:

(You'd be disappointed if I didn't, Balladmaker   :))

J OGorman

Quote from: The Gs Man on March 01, 2010, 11:04:14 PM
QuoteFollowing the exclusive play of our new single on Stuart Bailie's show on BBC Radio Ulster, we have now added the double A-Side of Stretch That Penny / Sweetest Friend to our myspace. The single will be available to purchase on iTunes, Amazon etc. from 5th April.

Just go here: http://www.myspace.com/captainkennedy

Let the slagging commence!

do love the old americana, alt. country, call it what you will... bit of wilco, calexico, the band, richmond fontaine, uncle tupelo etc......those 2 tracks are right up there, first class, they really are

Main Street

I mainly noticed how clean the table was.

Nice sound to the single.

leenie

great songs lads....

ur man has a great voice....

sweetest friend is a lovely song and quite catchy....
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

JimStynes

maggie

when i looked at the title of the thread-  i thought it said newly single.
D'oh  ::)

The Watcher Pat

Another great export from Aghagallon lads, we have some talent about here...LoL
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

lurganblue

Here now there is Lurgan in there too!

Fair play lads. Can't wait to hear the single and I'll certainly buy any album released.

JimStynes

Quote from: lurganblue on March 02, 2010, 09:08:04 PM
Here now there is Lurgan in there too!

Fare play lads. Can't wait to hear the single and I'll certainly buy any album released.

You have to have a few stinking shineys in there somewhere. The real talent is an Aghagallon man and a Lavery aswell.

lurganblue

As long as there's no portadown I'll be happy enough!??!

The Gs Man

:D

Thanks for listening!!!

Single is getting played on Radio One Wednesday night I believe.
Keep 'er lit

rosnarun

are you  in a band or something?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

balladmaker

Fair play Hardy...keep the flag flying!