Its snowing!

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, February 20, 2010, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteThey should be stopping people driving with their foglights on when there is no fog!

Such people are in their own personal fog!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gallsman

Quote from: armaghniac on December 23, 2010, 12:33:20 AM
QuoteThey should be stopping people driving with their foglights on when there is no fog!

Such people are in their own personal fog!

I hate wankers who do this. Shower of bastards.

Bensars

The Derg equals previous record of -18 at 7 am

gallsman

Driving update for any Dublin people heading north.

Made it from Ballymun exit of the M50 to door of house in Belfast in an hour and forty minutes. Motorway and A1 is fine other than a bit slushy between the airport and Rush. Damp, but fine. As soon as you hit the border freezing fog kicks in until almost Dromore. I got lucky with the timing I guess.

If you have someone travelling with you, please make sure they have a camera. Some of the sights along the way are absolutely breathtaking. It's like being in Narnia.

Square Ball

River Lagan frozen over again, stunning in places with the backdrop of the frozen trees
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

omagh_gael

Was in Comber/Newtownards area at half 2 and it was 3 degrees. Felt like I was basking in 20 degree heat! Back in Omagh at 4pm and back to -14 degrees. Brrrrrrrr :(

Bud Wiser

Friend of mine car abandoned in Clonmel, not snow, engine blew up.  Spent one and a half hours on Naas Road and turned back at the big ball at Naas.  Just wondering did anyone else head south this evening and how long was that tail back for?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

armaghniac

It is odd how the snow is now largely confined to the Dublin area. It is a real pain for people travelling through the airport since there is little snow 20km north of it.

Anyhow a sort of topical joke

Q. What have snow and the Liam McCarthy Cup got in common ?

A. "Crazy stuff just missed us in Waterford to the North again "

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

....and Shannon airport has run out of de-icer they say.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

playwiththewind1st

Feckin supposed to be flying outta Dublin Airport tomorrow - it's closed !

Bud Wiser

Yer wan that is the Communications lass, PRO,  for Dublin Aiport takes no shit.  She was asked yesterday did she not think that DAA should have made arrangements for the amount of passengers that were stranded overnight and she said "that is not the job of an airport, this is an airport where people come and go, not where people come and stay"

I'd say she'd even give Cooney the shoulder if she got the chance.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

ONeill

They said 10'000 clapped in unison when a plane took off at 1:30 today. Euphoria didn't last long.

Minder

Read the other day that Helsinki airport hasn't closed since 2003, the winter temperatures can reach  -27.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Quote from: Minder on December 23, 2010, 09:33:03 PM
Read the other day that Helsinki airport hasn't closed since 2003, the winter temperatures can reach  -27.

What equipment do those hoors have that we don't? Canada the same.

Square Ball

Quote from: ONeill on December 23, 2010, 09:29:02 PM
They said 10'000 clapped in unison when a plane took off at 1:30 today. Euphoria didn't last long.

those two better start sweeping a lot quicker than they are
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid