Its snowing!

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, February 20, 2010, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 22, 2010, 01:39:16 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 22, 2010, 01:35:17 PM
Snow hadn't really been effecting me until I realised that I'll probably have to drive the missus home and spend Christmas with the in-laws  >:( I've had more than enough of it now...

hope your not driving to mayo croi , fecking mad drivers down here

Just got confirmation it's Wexford for the Christmas & they're fairly mental as well down there, place is like an ice rink apparently. I'll be able to repeat The Club word for word by Stephens Day, sweating at the thought of the cabin fever
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

brokencrossbar1

If there is more snow be careful of the Police Service of Northern Ireland as our Unionists insist on calling it(as opposed to simply the police). Girl that Mrs BC works with sent an e mail around the other day about her mother getting stopped in Cookstown.  She had snow on her roof and they fined her £60 and gave her 3 points.  Be careful to clear the snow off your car.

Maguire01

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 22, 2010, 05:47:52 PM
If there is more snow be careful of the Police Service of Northern Ireland as our Unionists insist on calling it(as opposed to simply the police). Girl that Mrs BC works with sent an e mail around the other day about her mother getting stopped in Cookstown.  She had snow on her roof and they fined her £60 and gave her 3 points.  Be careful to clear the snow off your car.
Eh? So why did you not just call them the Police?

Aaron Boone

Must admit I'm not taken by Sean O'Neill of National Roads Service (him with the American accent) talking about salt imports all day long. As long as the M50 & other motorways are clear, he seems to be happy.

You should have seen the state of some of the main roads in Dublin today, e.g. Whitehall to Drumcondra to Dorset St which a lot of you will know. Just compacted snow all the journey.

tyssam5

What would the offence be there?

Square Ball

Quote from: tyssam5 on December 22, 2010, 07:54:43 PM

same thing has happened in Belfast, apparently its in the Highway Code
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

playwiththewind1st

Easy - a taig with snow on the car roof = £60 fine & 3 penalty points, at least. I'd say the RUC were in relatively good mood, any other day & it would have been shoot to kill all over again.

tyssam5

Quote from: Square Ball on December 22, 2010, 08:06:18 PM

same thing has happened in Belfast, apparently its in the Highway Code

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Highwaycode/DG_069859

Yeah I suppose you are right, under number 229. If the snow was frozen solid though you could argue it was unlikely to fall off. Seems a cuntish thing to pull someone up on. Be worth going to court?

Minder

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on December 22, 2010, 08:08:10 PM

Easy - a taig with snow on the car roof = £60 fine & 3 penalty points, at least. I'd say the RUC were in relatively good mood, any other day & it would have been shoot to kill all over again.

Yep, I would say that was it.  ???
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

armaghniac

You'd want to be a right  lazy **** to drive around with a snow drift on your roof. Good to see action being taken.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tyssam5

Quote from: armaghniac on December 22, 2010, 08:42:05 PM
You'd want to be a right  lazy **** to drive around with a snow drift on your roof. Good to see action being taken.

What harm would it do?

andoireabu

Quote from: tyssam5 on December 22, 2010, 08:45:30 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 22, 2010, 08:42:05 PM

What harm would it do?
If you hit the brakes and the layer of snow comes down over the windscreen you would be fooked and might hit something.  think that is the reason though if it is frozen it would go nowhere
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

lawnseed

there was a top cop on nolan last week talking about this snow in the roof stuff he said he never heard of it and any one who did should contact him and he'd bin it
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

ardal

Experienced this once again a while back. Car jumps in, in front of me from the slip road, breaks, I get a slap of snow on the windscreen, scares the feck out of you even when you're semi prepared. Fine all lazy feckers who can't be bothered to take 30 odd seconds to clear snow off their roof

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ardal on December 22, 2010, 09:59:27 PM
Experienced this once again a while back. Car jumps in, in front of me from the slip road, breaks, I get a slap of snow on the windscreen, scares the feck out of you even when you're semi prepared. Fine all lazy feckers who can't be bothered to take 30 odd seconds to clear snow off their roof
There's feckers driving about with their headlamps caked in frozen snow which I'm sure isn't
in the spirit of the Highway Code either. They should be stopping people driving with their foglights on when there is no fog!