Its snowing!

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, February 20, 2010, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quotebut would it be safe enough to walk around the streets of Belfast wearing a Balaclava?

you could wear a pink one, lighten the mood. Or a flesh coloured and nobody would know!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

leaveherinsir

All this chat about temperatures, how accurate is the reading in a car? On my way from Coleraine to Kilrea at around 7 this evening and it was reading minus 15. And by the way its really starting to get to me, especially driving all day, the roads are a complete feckin nightmare at the minute!! Rant over!! :)

gerrykeegan

Quote from: mc_grens on December 21, 2010, 09:39:54 PM
Left work in Georges Street at 5, went by the Park, and got home to C'Knock at 8:45.

Sneachtapocalypse!

The brother left Harcourt street at 5. Not got to leixlip yet
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

tyssam5

Left work in Georges Street at 5, went by the Park, and got home to C'Knock at 8:45.

Sneachtapocalypse!

Would you not have been quicker walking, could have stopped along the way for refreshments and a warm up and still made better time than that!

mc_grens

Quote from: tyssam5 on December 21, 2010, 10:48:10 PM

Sneachtapocalypse!

Would you not have been quicker walking, could have stopped along the way for refreshments and a warm up and still made better time than that!

Quite possibly, but I needed to get the car out of the Stephens Green CarPark sooner or later and I hopefully wont be back in town between now and the run to Derry later in the week.

Rois

Quote from: gerrykeegan on December 21, 2010, 10:36:19 PM

The brother left Harcourt street at 5. Not got to leixlip yet
I left Harcourt St at 7.30 and currently on (late) train at Portadown. Haven't taken the ski jacket off.

Capt Pat

A foot or so of snow in Dublin over the last 24 hours or so.

gallsman

Some of the snow in Dublin today was beautiful in places down near the Park. Bit of a thaw on at the minute. Will surely freeze up again over the night.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: lurganblue on December 21, 2010, 10:14:35 PM
Saw some cars with newspapers over the windscreens over night, I can only assume in an attempt to limit the ice build up on it. Does that work?

NO!!!!

You will have the paper frozen to the glass and it is harder to get off than the ice.
Use a heavy piece of cardboard, make sure it is not touching the glass or same problem.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Main Street

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on December 21, 2010, 11:49:59 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on December 21, 2010, 10:14:35 PM
Saw some cars with newspapers over the windscreens over night, I can only assume in an attempt to limit the ice build up on it. Does that work?

NO!!!!

You will have the paper frozen to the glass and it is harder to get off than the ice.
Use a heavy piece of cardboard, make sure it is not touching the glass or same problem.
What are you on about.
It doesn't matter if the cardboard touches the windscreen, you use the wiper blades in their up-position to keep the cardboard in place. Newspaper is fine, but it gets blown off too easy, that's why thicker cardboard is more practical. What you don't want is for the blades to get ice glued to the screen. The rubber mats also work great.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 21, 2010, 09:20:45 PM
The most dangerous place in Ireland is not in Dublin today but is in Ballina, Co Mayo. There was heavy snowfall last night, maybe 10 inches. Add to that the fact that the council change the one way street directions every week and then the final straw is that there are all these Mayo people driving around that can't use indicators or figure out roundabouts. I'd put it ahead of North Korea as one of the most dangerous places on earth.

:D :D :D lmao Myles.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ONeill

Quote from: gallsman on December 21, 2010, 11:34:40 PM
Some of the snow in Dublin today was beautiful in places down near the Park. Bit of a thaw on at the minute. Will surely freeze up again over the night.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Real Laoislad

Snow really brings out the cuntish side in a lot of people,especially drivers.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Croí na hÉireann

Snow hadn't really been effecting me until I realised that I'll probably have to drive the missus home and spend Christmas with the in-laws  >:( I've had more than enough of it now...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 22, 2010, 01:35:17 PM
Snow hadn't really been effecting me until I realised that I'll probably have to drive the missus home and spend Christmas with the in-laws  >:( I've had more than enough of it now...

hope your not driving to mayo croi , fecking mad drivers down here
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001