Its snowing!

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, February 20, 2010, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Feck some crack in Dublin this evening. I'll going to have to reassess my tyre arrangements having failed to progress on a hill on a main road (with many others, of course).

Met.ie are sometimes accused of being focussed on the Dublin area, but today proves the opposite as they didn't really forecast substantial snow this afternoon.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Quote from: Hereiam on December 20, 2010, 08:28:56 PM
Was in Omagh today. It was so cold walkin about that it wasn't even funny. -10 it was readin in the car at 1:30pm. Have th say that car parks were a disgrace and Omagh district council should be ashamed of themsevles that they couldn't get someone to scrap them.
Limited resources perhaps? Would you be willing to have your rates bill doubled next year so that it doesn't happen again?
I can't understand why people expect the Councils or Department to have everything cleared. There's only so much you can do in this weather.

The Real Laoislad

Pegging it down in Dublin right now
You'll Never Walk Alone.

andoireabu

Just as the police have been brought up.  If they are out stopping to give fines for snow on the roof tell them where to go as they are not allowed to stop traffic in snow or ice as this causes a potential hazard with cars behind hitting the brakes.  Just incase any of you haven't brushed the roof
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

bennydorano

I dont think it's unreasonable to expect your Council to perform to even an acceptable standard. There wasn't even a gritting bin put out for peoples' use our way until half way through the first episode of snow, bin lorry bastids wouldn't come out either (H&S no doubt) even though every other hoor in the place is expected to get up and down hills (with or without a 4-wheel drive).  Getting in and out of housing developments  is far more treacherous than any road. 

The Tories talk about the 'Big Society' - its already with us as , people are expected to pick up the slack on services that were previously provided by councils, and it's going to get much much worse in the coming years.

mannix

i'm dreaming of a white christmas

ziggysego

Quote from: mannix on December 20, 2010, 09:41:58 PM

Christmas Day is apparently going to be ok. The big thaw coming in during the week. Don't worry, the snow's coming back after Christmas.
Testing Accessibility

magpie seanie

Quote from: ziggysego on December 20, 2010, 09:45:16 PM

Christmas Day is apparently going to be ok. The big thaw coming in during the week. Don't worry, the snow's coming back after Christmas.

Ah please no Ziggy, tell me you are joking. Getting really sick of this.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Take Your Points on December 20, 2010, 10:01:07 PM
The whole weather episode has highlighted the nonsense of NI and the need for a radical clear out of our politicians.  We have 19 councils too many and far too many government departments.  Too much grandstanding among our politicians. We have 1.6 million people being governed as if we had 8 million.

Unfortunately, any fair rationalisation of our political post is taken as reducing the democracy in NI and we will never see it. Turkeys never vote for Christmas.  there is no realisation that the public are the masters because of tribal voting in NI always ensures that the same grouping are elected regardless of competence.
This is the peace dividend. It was a toss-up between continuing violence or letting a group of useless c***ts run the 6 counties. They crib non-stop about self-determination yet are unable to make tough decisions (or any decision) that might impact on the sectarian carve-up. It's depressing but as you rightly state there are too many vested interests to believe that any change will occur.

Eddie Stobart

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 20, 2010, 09:46:37 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on December 20, 2010, 09:45:16 PM

Ah please no Ziggy, tell me you are joking. Getting really sick of this.

On and off till at least February I heard..

orangeman

Quote from: Take Your Points on December 20, 2010, 10:01:07 PM
The whole weather episode has highlighted the nonsense of NI and the need for a radical clear out of our politicians.  We have 19 councils too many and far too many government departments.  Too much grandstanding among our politicians. We have 1.6 million people being governed as if we had 8 million.

Unfortunately, any fair rationalisation of our political post is taken as reducing the democracy in NI and we will never see it. Turkeys never vote for Christmas.  there is no realisation that the public are the masters because of tribal voting in NI always ensures that the same grouping are elected regardless of competence.
[/b]

Conor murphy was on talk back today - Conal Mc Devitt of SDLP came up with a senible proposal to devise a strategy for the conditions that we have at the moment. Conor basically insulted him and said there was no needfor such non senscial proposals.

Pathetic politics.

lawnseed

it just sounded like the stoops trying to have a go at the shinners to me orangeman. if you bother with any of the local papers you'll read letter after letter of the two local stoop councillors yapping about dog dirt and potholes around keady and poyntzpass, the truth is there isnt half the gritting going on down south and theres no yapping about it people just get on with it. if you dont believe me just wait til march mc devett and co will cease to exist
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

armaghniac

QuoteWe have 1.6 million people being governed as if we had 8 million.

The 26 counties is worse and the Scottish minister of transport had to resign earlier this month. An inability to cope seems inevitable.
it just sounded like the stoops trying to have a go at the shinners to me orangeman.

Which is their job. If the those in power are clueless then people have to hold them to account.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

orangeman

Quote from: lawnseed on December 20, 2010, 10:37:11 PM
it just sounded like the stoops trying to have a go at the shinners to me orangeman. if you bother with any of the local papers you'll read letter after letter of the two local stoop councillors yapping about dog dirt and potholes around keady and poyntzpass, the truth is there isnt half the gritting going on down south and theres no yapping about it people just get on with it. if you dont believe me just wait til march mc devett and co will cease to exist
[/b]

Electoral meltdown ? So, SF will have no opposition at all then ?

Do you think that SF having it all their own way will be a good thing ?.

lawnseed

and where do you think the unnionists are going, the stoops are desperate for votes they selected a polish lady last week in the hope that the handful of poles around craigavon would vote "tribally" the very arguement the sdlp are opposed to. beneath contempt
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once