Its snowing!

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, February 20, 2010, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Snowing heavily in Blackrock in Dublin.

Expect 15 min bulletins now on ARRRRRRRRRRTE 1 radio.

F your effin snow, I've a horse outside.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on December 20, 2010, 11:39:25 AM

Now we will hear the cribbing!

armaghniac

I think it is reasonable to clear most of the snow of a car, as it does fly off from time to time. I leave a brush in the yoke in this weather.

This kind of thing is downright dangerous.

QuoteNow we will hear the cribbing!

Proper order. How the feck am I to get up the hill by my house?

There is a fair few showers lining up in the Irish sea.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

omagh_gael

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on December 20, 2010, 11:39:25 AM

Them boyos have the right idea. No need to leave the horse running for 15mins to defrost her, no need to dig her out of the snow and no need to put on snow chains just hop on her back and off ye go.

Right lads, anyone got a horse for sale?

give her dixie

Castlederg don't do records, but if they did, it would probably be the coldest one on record....
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Bogball XV

shite, wrong thread, thought this was the "coke in rte one" ;D

supersarsfields

Quote from: theskull1 on December 20, 2010, 10:27:53 AM
Mentioned on Radio Ulster that there is no fixed penalty available for snow on the roof. The PSNI representative asked anyone who "might" have got one to contact the some function within the PSNI to deal with it so I assume some folk may have got penalties but they're not legal notices

Not sure about the issue with points on your license but I do know that you can leave yourself open for contributory negligence if snow coming from your vehicle causes an accident. Better to be safe than sorry so I'd reccommend clearing the vehicle completely!!

EC Unique

Quote from: supersarsfields on December 20, 2010, 01:45:33 PM
Mentioned on Radio Ulster that there is no fixed penalty available for snow on the roof. The PSNI representative asked anyone who "might" have got one to contact the some function within the PSNI to deal with it so I assume some folk may have got penalties but they're not legal notices

Not sure about the issue with points on your license but I do know that you can leave yourself open for contributory negligence if snow coming from your vehicle causes an accident. Better to be safe than sorry so I'd reccommend clearing the vehicle completely!!

A lot of number plates covered in snow/ice. I would imagine that could be an issue.

johnneycool

Quote from: EC Unique on December 20, 2010, 03:05:21 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on December 20, 2010, 01:45:33 PM

A lot of number plates covered in snow/ice. I would imagine that could be an issue.

Not as big an issue as the stuff on the fĂșcking roads. If the cops are getting picky about this then they need a good boot in the taws.

magpie seanie

Doubt too many will be speeding.

Eddie Stobart

Was in Sandyford today and it was pegging it down,but by time I got to red cow there was no snow at all

supersarsfields

You must cover some ground.....

armaghniac

Rush hour in the nation's capital

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: supersarsfields on December 20, 2010, 04:14:51 PM
You must cover some ground.....

The man drives an Eddie Stobart lorry for gods sake!!! He's everywhere!!!!!!
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Hereiam

Was in Omagh today. It was so cold walkin about that it wasn't even funny. -10 it was readin in the car at 1:30pm. Have th say that car parks were a disgrace and Omagh district council should be ashamed of themsevles that they couldn't get someone to scrap them.