Its snowing!

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, February 20, 2010, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Stobart

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 18, 2010, 01:55:17 AM
Quote from: Eddie Stobart on December 18, 2010, 12:17:00 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on December 16, 2010, 10:54:18 PM
Quote from: Eddie Stobart on December 16, 2010, 09:32:02 PM
What's with all this South West shite,you boys must think the 6 counties are each the size of Texas...

And you must live on a pinhead.

You can have a north, south, east and west in a village, where it could be snowing in one quarter, raining in another, Baltic in the third, and positively Mediterranean in the last.

No I'm from North East Carlow just south west of Hacketstown

LOL, isn't Carlow like the same size as the Erris Peninsula or something, North East Carlow me hole. We have mountains bigger than Carlow in Mayo.

Woooshhh that went right over your head didn't it buddy

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Eddie Stobart on December 18, 2010, 08:46:44 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 18, 2010, 01:55:17 AM
Quote from: Eddie Stobart on December 18, 2010, 12:17:00 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on December 16, 2010, 10:54:18 PM
Quote from: Eddie Stobart on December 16, 2010, 09:32:02 PM
What's with all this South West shite,you boys must think the 6 counties are each the size of Texas...

And you must live on a pinhead.

You can have a north, south, east and west in a village, where it could be snowing in one quarter, raining in another, Baltic in the third, and positively Mediterranean in the last.

No I'm from North East Carlow just south west of Hacketstown

LOL, isn't Carlow like the same size as the Erris Peninsula or something, North East Carlow me hole. We have mountains bigger than Carlow in Mayo.

Woooshhh that went right over your head didn't it buddy

And that's not a first!

armaghniac

No wonder Heathrow is closed. This is the London M25 from another board.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mylestheslasher

I suggest everyone stays out of Mayo for the next few days. Combining Mayo drivers and their complete inability to work a car properly with 4/5 inches of snow is a recipe for disaster. You have been warned!

Puckoon

Anyone know how the roads from Omagh to Dublin might be? Parents are driving to the airport to fly here for Christmas and I'm hoping they'll make it, there's no feckin word from them!

Sandino

Puck the roads should be passable but progress is very slow on all routes. Dublin airport is fully opporational.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

omagh_gael

Quote from: Puckoon on December 18, 2010, 03:57:45 PM
Anyone know how the roads from Omagh to Dublin might be? Parents are driving to the airport to fly here for Christmas and I'm hoping they'll make it, there's no feckin word from them!

The roads are very dodgy as far as the border. Buses aren't running at the minute but driving (slowly) in the car should be grand.

There is at least a foot of snow here in Omagh. Never seen this much snow in my life!

the Deel Rover

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 18, 2010, 01:10:45 PM
I suggest everyone stays out of Mayo for the next few days. Combining Mayo drivers and their complete inability to work a car properly with 4/5 inches of snow is a recipe for disaster. You have been warned!

nothing wrong with us mayo drivers   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 18, 2010, 01:10:45 PM

F*uck your Mayo drivers, I've a horse outside.
MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

supersarsfields

did the reverse of that yesterday Puck. The worst will be the start of the journey. Tyrone prob the worst hit. It clears a bit heading down towards Dublin. Course that was yesterday morning so might have changed now. But if they give themselves plenty of time they'll be fine. 

muppet

Quote from: supersarsfields on December 19, 2010, 03:31:23 PM

did the reverse of that yesterday Puck. The worst will be the start of the journey. Tyrone prob the worst hit. It clears a bit heading down towards Dublin. Course that was yesterday morning so might have changed now. But if they give themselves plenty of time they'll be fine.

Just started snowing in Dublin. Motorway should be fine though.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Went for a scoot down the M1 today into Belfast. Dodgy enough at times. Even at 30mph the motor thought it was Jean Torvill when it hit blankets of ice.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ONeill on December 19, 2010, 04:06:16 PM
Went for a scoot down the M1 today into Belfast. Dodgy enough at times. Even at 30mph the motor thought it was Jean Torvill when it hit blankets of ice.

I was amazed by how bad the motorway was last night. I didn't head home from Belfast until half 5 in the evening only to find that conditions on the M1 were very treacherous with traffic limited to about 30mph.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead