Its snowing!

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, February 20, 2010, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

at least 2 inches of the white powdery stuff in mayo this morning still falling. can't ever recall having snow this early before
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ONeill

-6. - feckin 6. And it's 7 degrees C in Nuuk. NUUK!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lar Naparka

Here on Dublin's Northside, it's -2 C and dropping fast. We had 3-4 inches of snow last night. Traffic is light but the roads are open at the moment. With heavy frost expected tonight,  the situation will be dire tomorrow.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Sandino

According to my wife it was -6  in Omagh this morning. A little flurry now and again today. I just wish it would snow and be done with. The main roads are fine but the parks and the backs roads are very dangerous. God knows what this evening or tonight will bring.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

muppet

Quote from: Sandino on November 28, 2010, 03:08:40 PM
According to my wife it was -6  in Omagh this morning. A little flurry now and again today. I just wish it would snow and be done with. The main roads are fine but the parks and the backs roads are very dangerous. God knows what this evening or tonight will bring.

I'd say it'll be dark.
MWWSI 2017

caughtredhanded

-9.5 verified outside Cookstown last night. I've to be down that direction in the morning and I'm leaving very early.

Its the other lunatics I worry about on the roads. (1) they think an indicator is a fancy decoration or something just to be used as you complete the manouvre and (2) They think the braking capability of a car in snow can defy the laws of physics.

omagh_gael

At least two inches of snow have fallen in past hour in Omagh. About 3 inches now, wouldn't like to see the surrounding contryside. Are u housebound up in Greencastle Zig? Was up there last night, hairy enough!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: omagh_gael on November 28, 2010, 05:56:44 PM
At least two inches of snow have fallen in past hour in Omagh. About 3 inches now, wouldn't like to see the surrounding contryside.

Feck! Glad I left Strabane for Dublin at about 11:30 this morning.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

maggie

Have been living like a recluse since fri evening. South tyrone always seems to get it bad... Dreading going out in it tomorrow morning.

maggie

I'm just thankful for all the reality tv which has kept me occupied..

FermGael

Just driven from Omagh to Cookstown.
Roads are dreadful. 
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

ross4life

Quote from: maggie on November 28, 2010, 07:43:13 PM

TBH the reality tv stuff is crap i miss the days of A team, Super Gran, Wonder Woman, Nightrider & Bullseye

P.S alot of black ice under the snow be careful on the roads tonight guys.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

FermGael

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 28, 2010, 08:02:31 PM
Quote from: FermGael on November 28, 2010, 07:59:46 PM
Just driven from Omagh to Cookstown.
Roads are dreadful.
Was told part of the road wasn't gritted, just make sure you stay between the tyre tracks made in the road.
I am home for the night and part of the road from Omagh to Cookstown was not gritted.
Basically from the turn off to Greencastle to Cookstown the road was brutal. 
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

andoireabu

Quote from: ross4life on November 28, 2010, 08:04:55 PM
Quote from: maggie on November 28, 2010, 07:43:13 PM

TBH the reality tv stuff is crap i miss the days of A team, Super Gran, Wonder Woman, Nightrider & Bullseye

P.S alot of black ice under the snow be careful on the roads tonight guys.
agree reality tv makes these nights longer. whatever happened to You bet and shows like that. even catchphrase was better than some of the dung on these days
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

pintsofguinness

Those game shows were just as shit the reality tv nowadays.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?