Bon Scott - 30 Years Gone Today

Started by thejuice, February 19, 2010, 06:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

30 years since the great man passed away.

Turn up yer speakers, click the link and get yer dirty lugs around this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0upu_DhFK1I

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ross4life

Wow didn't think it was that long? does that mean the Back in Black album is best part of 30 years old to
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

gerrykeegan

Good man Juice, Dinner delayed, some air guitaring to do first!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ross4life

good to see metallica still use Bon Scott's long way to the top if ya wanna rock n roll as their entrance
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

thejuice

Quote from: ross4life on February 19, 2010, 07:25:22 PM
good to see metallica still use Bon Scott's long way to the top if ya wanna rock n roll as their entrance

Really?? I thought they only used The Ecstasy of Gold by Ennio Morricone? ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYx3wIt0sts

ross4life

Quote from: thejuice on February 19, 2010, 07:30:44 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 19, 2010, 07:25:22 PM

Really?? I thought they only used The Ecstasy of Gold by Ennio Morricone? ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYx3wIt0sts

they use both before they enter

thejuice

alright then, haven't seen them in years to be fair.

red hander

Brian Johnson seems a decent guy and he can put on a show, but to me the best AC/DC stuff was done when Bon was singer

anglocelt39

Thanks Juice, maybe you can pick me up if I got it wrong but I'm pretty sure Bon is laid to rest in a graveyard in Western Perth. I recall a court case from several years ago when a couple of the local West Australians, distraught with beer and emotion, hiked it to the graveyard in question and started trying to dig him up. The Judge, being a bit of a closet rocker, handed down a fairly lenient verdict. I'm sure the man himself wouldn't have minded.

You Shook me, does it every time
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

thejuice

Quote from: anglocelt39 on February 19, 2010, 08:06:39 PM
Thanks Juice, maybe you can pick me up if I got it wrong but I'm pretty sure Bon is laid to rest in a graveyard in Western Perth. I recall a court case from several years ago when a couple of the local West Australians, distraught with beer and emotion, hiked it to the graveyard in question and started trying to dig him up. The Judge, being a bit of a closet rocker, handed down a fairly lenient verdict. I'm sure the man himself wouldn't have minded.

You Shook me, does it every time

probably true, i've heard that Bons head stone has been robbed several times. Thats all fun like, sort of like students stealing traffic cones but digging up the man is a bit mental. though I think he was cremated, so not as messy a job perhaps.

A few quick blasts before bed -

Shot Down In Flames:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ2YJm03Oqc

Hell Aint A Bad Place To Be:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LJk2_6CRcU

Mourne Rover

He played in Belfast with the band a matter of months before he died. Amazingly for the era, they diverted from stadium rock in the US to appear at the Ulster Hall.  Even packed to the gills, there might have been 3,000 people there at a time when they were used to performing before three times that number. It was a fantastic night, and he was an awesome front man.
Those of us who were there will never forget him. RIP Bon Scott.

Aerlik

He's buried in Karakatta Cemetry, West Perth.  His grave is a shrine and there is a life-size statue to the man in Fremantle where he lived.  At a music quiz the other night one of the questions was: which song do AC/DC not play live out of respect for Bon.

The Australian did an interview with the band prior to the current Aus tour.  Apparently, tea is the favoured post-performance tipple! :o
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

under the bar

QuoteBrian Johnson seems a decent guy and he can put on a show, but to me the best AC/DC stuff was done when Bon was singer

True but unfortunately in 1980, like today, cloning wasn;t an option so thank heavens they stayed together and found BJ otherwsie Back in Black would never have seen the light of day.

red hander

Quote from: under the bar on February 21, 2010, 05:11:52 PM
QuoteBrian Johnson seems a decent guy and he can put on a show, but to me the best AC/DC stuff was done when Bon was singer

True but unfortunately in 1980, like today, cloning wasn;t an option so thank heavens they stayed together and found BJ otherwsie Back in Black would never have seen the light of day.

Wonder if there's anything in the vaults containing Bon's vocals on Back In Black?