O Garas letter to Indo Editor in reply to Myers Article

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 19, 2010, 08:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: muppet on February 22, 2010, 03:33:28 PM

He made one Lions squad but didn't make the test team. A great? Not for me.

The 'tries for Ireland' record always had a similar total over the years to the 'goals for Ireland' record.By your logic Tony Cascarino must be a 'great'.

Geoghegan never made a Lions tour at all. Doesn't make him a bum.

Can't give you an argument about the soccer. Not too bothered about it one way or the other.

muppet

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on February 22, 2010, 05:16:30 PM

The 'tries for Ireland' record always had a similar total over the years to the 'goals for Ireland' record.By your logic Tony Cascarino must be a 'great'.

Can't give you an argument about the soccer. Not too bothered about it one way or the other.

Geoghegan was the best Irish winger I've seen.

Mullin is not the 2nd best Irish centre I've seen, I have 2004 6 Nations player of the tournament Darcy ahead of him.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Wonder will Myers have anything to say this week ?? Or will O'Gara ?

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: muppet on February 22, 2010, 05:29:15 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on February 22, 2010, 05:16:30 PM

Geoghegan was the best Irish winger I've seen.

Mullin is not the 2nd best Irish centre I've seen, I have 2004 6 Nations player of the tournament Darcy ahead of him.

Totally different players playing totally different types of games.

I'm not sure if it's legitimate to compare amateur and professional players anymore, to be honest. The game has changed so much it's more or less unrecognisable. David Duckham famously retired early because he thought too much coaching in the game was restricting flair, and that was in 1976!

Massey-135

Lads I'm looking to get in touch with Kevin Myers, random as that may seem, and I was wondering do any of you know an email address I could get him on? Long shot I know...

deiseach

Quote from: Massey-135 on September 28, 2011, 12:22:25 PM
Lads I'm looking to get in touch with Kevin Myers, random as that may seem, and I was wondering do any of you know an email address I could get him on? Long shot I know...

Email? Might be better to try a telegram

Nally Stand

fcuk.wit@independent.ie
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

The Subbie

O is there a vacancy for a frothing at the mouth, right wing, west brit,neo con, royalist, Northern hating, poor excuse for a man in your area? If you cant get Myers Mayogodhelpus@gmail.com would be an excellent replacement.

brokencrossbar1

You might get him through this way rather than e-mail!

Stevie g 8

myers is a coward hiding behind his pen like a lot of journalists(tommy conlon,david kelly.kieran cunningham)people that never played to any level of sport but think its fine to criticize and slate people that have 100 times more ability

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Hardy on February 21, 2010, 11:00:26 AM
Myers used to write very funny satire, though and I'll always forgive anybody a lot for that. But he hasn't even got that saving grace now so there's no difficulty at all in disliking him.

Couldn't be having Brendan Mullin with that accent and the American teeth.
Someone should have joined the dots and realised Mullin was a bad one!

--

Former Ireland rugby star Brendan Mullin accused of stealing €500,000 from Bank of Ireland while he was a director

FORMER Irish international rugby star Brendan Mullin has appeared in court accused of stealing more than €500,000 from a bank while he was a director.

Mr Mullin (57) is facing trial on multiple charges following a series of alleged thefts from Bank of Ireland, where he was head of private banking.

He is facing trial, and the case against him was adjourned at Dublin District Court for the preparation of a book of evidence.

Mr Mullin (57) of Albert Lodge, Stillorgan Road, Donnybrook, Dublin 4, is charged with 15 theft and fraud offences on dates in 2011, 2012 and 2013.

These are nine counts of theft totalling €573,000 from Bank of Ireland, five of false accounting and one of deception.

Of the theft charges, he is accused of stealing €500,000 at Bank of Ireland Private Banking, Burlington Plaza, Burlington Road, Dublin 4, on December 16, 2011.

Among the other counts, it is alleged he stole €18,450, also the property of Bank of Ireland, at Mespil Road, Dublin 4, on September 7, 2012, and another €18,792 on March 15, 2013.

It is alleged that, dishonestly by deception, he induced a named woman and man to sign a payment instruction with the intention of making gain for himself or another, or causing loss to another, at the Burlington Road location on July 27, 2011.

Today, Detective Garda Sean O'Riordan of the Garda National Economic Crime Bureau told Judge Michael Walsh he arrested the accused at 9.08 this morning and brought him to the Bridewell Garda Station, where he was charged.

He made no comment to the charges after caution, Det Gda O'Riordan said. The DPP was directing trial on indictment, but was consenting to the accused being sent forward to the circuit court on a signed plea of guilty if this should arise, the garda said.

Defence solicitor Robert Purcell said a book of evidence would be required.

There was no garda objection to bail and terms had been agreed, the court heard.

Judge Walsh granted bail in the accused's own bond of €10,000, with no cash lodgement required. Under conditions, Mr Mullin must surrender his passport to the gardaí within 48 hours.

The judge said the accused must appear in court on all remand dates and be of good behaviour.

Mr Purcell said Mr Mullin "may have to travel for certain work purposes" and the judge said this could be done with notice given to the gardaí.

The accused, dressed in a grey suit, open-necked blue shirt and black shoes, was not required to address the court.

He was remanded on bail to November 11.

Mr Mullin played for Ireland and the Lions from 1984 to 1995, retiring just before the game went professional. He had 55 caps for Ireland and played at three Rugby World Cup finals. Mr Mullin worked in the financial services industry during his rugby playing years and in the decades since.

During his business career, he once held the position of managing director of Bank of Ireland private banking.

Main Street

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on September 21, 2021, 09:32:18 PM
Quote from: Hardy on February 21, 2010, 11:00:26 AM
Myers used to write very funny satire, though and I'll always forgive anybody a lot for that. But he hasn't even got that saving grace now so there's no difficulty at all in disliking him.

Couldn't be having Brendan Mullin with that accent and the American teeth.
Someone should have joined the dots and realised Mullin was a bad one!

--

Former Ireland rugby star Brendan Mullin accused of stealing €500,000 from Bank of Ireland while he was a director

FORMER Irish international rugby star Brendan Mullin has appeared in court accused of stealing more than €500,000 from a bank while he was a director.

Mr Mullin (57) is facing trial on multiple charges following a series of alleged thefts from Bank of Ireland, where he was head of private banking.

He is facing trial, and the case against him was adjourned at Dublin District Court for the preparation of a book of evidence.

Mr Mullin (57) of Albert Lodge, Stillorgan Road, Donnybrook, Dublin 4, is charged with 15 theft and fraud offences on dates in 2011, 2012 and 2013.

These are nine counts of theft totalling €573,000 from Bank of Ireland, five of false accounting and one of deception.

Of the theft charges, he is accused of stealing €500,000 at Bank of Ireland Private Banking, Burlington Plaza, Burlington Road, Dublin 4, on December 16, 2011.

Among the other counts, it is alleged he stole €18,450, also the property of Bank of Ireland, at Mespil Road, Dublin 4, on September 7, 2012, and another €18,792 on March 15, 2013.

It is alleged that, dishonestly by deception, he induced a named woman and man to sign a payment instruction with the intention of making gain for himself or another, or causing loss to another, at the Burlington Road location on July 27, 2011.

Today, Detective Garda Sean O'Riordan of the Garda National Economic Crime Bureau told Judge Michael Walsh he arrested the accused at 9.08 this morning and brought him to the Bridewell Garda Station, where he was charged.

He made no comment to the charges after caution, Det Gda O'Riordan said. The DPP was directing trial on indictment, but was consenting to the accused being sent forward to the circuit court on a signed plea of guilty if this should arise, the garda said.

Defence solicitor Robert Purcell said a book of evidence would be required.

There was no garda objection to bail and terms had been agreed, the court heard.

Judge Walsh granted bail in the accused's own bond of €10,000, with no cash lodgement required. Under conditions, Mr Mullin must surrender his passport to the gardaí within 48 hours.

The judge said the accused must appear in court on all remand dates and be of good behaviour.

Mr Purcell said Mr Mullin "may have to travel for certain work purposes" and the judge said this could be done with notice given to the gardaí.

The accused, dressed in a grey suit, open-necked blue shirt and black shoes, was not required to address the court.

He was remanded on bail to November 11.

Mr Mullin played for Ireland and the Lions from 1984 to 1995, retiring just before the game went professional. He had 55 caps for Ireland and played at three Rugby World Cup finals. Mr Mullin worked in the financial services industry during his rugby playing years and in the decades since.

During his business career, he once held the position of managing director of Bank of Ireland private banking.

"Former Ireland rugby star Brendan Mullin accused of stealing €500,000 from Bank of Ireland while he was a director"

Back on thread topic,  Myers was a c#nt then and even more so now. O'Gara has moved onward and upwards.

Bord na Mona man

Obviously Mullin has to have due process.
Let's face it, if there is a full stop out of place or the wrong font used on the warrant, he'll be out the gap. He'll have a crack legal team and the weight of the Blackrock old boy network behind him

But wouldn't be fantastic if the trail verdict was read out in a Fred Cogley voice and it was either "Try" or "no try"!