Sigerson 2007

Started by robertemmet, February 07, 2007, 11:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Wasnt at the game just going on what he told me after the game. 
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Cloc Mor

James Mc Govern got a straight red for Down today - is that him ruled out of Sigerson?

corn02

Not sure Cloc, would I hbe right in saying he did not start for Queens in the last match too.

Uladh, Queens are very good this year, they may be without Mallon but it is fair to say a few of their players have improved from last year.

Cloc Mor

Yeah, he only came on but would still be a major player for them. Quite a few University players were playing today for their counties and I suppose thats the chance they take.

Dubh driocht

I thought Mc Govern was very unlucky- the Westmeath man was up for the rumble and James beat him to it ( where have we heard that before).I think the crowd got him sent-off.He will not miss the Sigerson- different competitions- have that on good authority.See the final is live on TG4.

saffronman

Going to go down this weekend and watch the games, who are favourites and the players to look out for on each team??

corn02

Hard to say Saffronman.

UCC have Sheehan who is apparntly dealy from frees which could be a vital asset especially if the weather is bad.

Queens are strong all round, there forwards are the best left in the competition.

Jordanstown have a good squad too, but hopefully Queens go all the way.

true ulster gael

sigerson cup has lost all real meaning
dr sigerson would turn in his grave at the stuff the likes of dcu and uuj play at
trench cup is where real university gaelic football still happens

full back

What "stuff" would that be Ulsterman?

Goats Do Shave

Because the English teams are involved!!!  ;D

true ulster gael

Quote from: full back on February 27, 2007, 04:24:31 PM
What "stuff" would that be Ulsterman?
paying big name players big money to join the university
getting players to play by getting them on to night courses they never go to

corn02

Who cares? If there willing to pay for success let them. Most colleges do it so it evens out.

shark

Quote from: true ulster gael on February 27, 2007, 04:20:36 PM
sigerson cup has lost all real meaning
dr sigerson would turn in his grave at the stuff the likes of dcu and uuj play at
trench cup is where real university gaelic football still happens

Is that the same Trench Cup that Letterkenny IT won in 2005 when Kevin Cassidy, Colm McFadden and Damien Diver all appeared for one year? The previous year they had lost in the first round by about 15 points.

An Cloch Scoilte

Does anyone know what sort of team John Moore's Liverpool have this year? Any Ulster men lining out for them?
I know David Henry (Corner back for the Dubs) was St Pat's Drumcondra's main man last year, but is he still playing for them in the Trench this year?

realredhandfan

Kevin O Neill Donaghmore plays for them,  Thats all I know.