Sigerson 2007

Started by robertemmet, February 07, 2007, 11:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertemmet

Who are the favourites in the sigerson?

When do Queens and UUJ play

Homer

DCU are everyones favorites to win back to back titles.

youbetterbelieveit

any results on the games, saw in another thread DCU beat UL.

Hound

DCU 2-13 UL 0-4

Maynooth 2-14 Tallaght 0-3

Sligo 1-12 Tralee 0-11

Dundalk play GMIT today in the final first round match.

Seven 2nd round matches scheduled for next week, with Queens getting a bye to the quarters.

youbetterbelieveit

oakleafgael

DCU have to play the Polytechnic and then the winners of that play Queens. Its a very hard draw as both the Poly and Queens would fancy there chances of winning. Do DCU still have the same amount of "payed stars" this year?

Hound

Quote from: oakleafgael on February 08, 2007, 10:06:32 AM
DCU have to play the Polytechnic and then the winners of that play Queens. Its a very hard draw as both the Poly and Queens would fancy there chances of winning. Do DCU still have the same amount of "payed stars" this year?
Who were their "payed stars" last year?

I remember some controversy about them trying to play lads doing post grads (including Paddy Christie and Shane Ryan) but in the end they werent allowed.

The full foward line of Brogan, Mortimor and Johnson (Cavan) looks strong, and they scored 1-10 of the 2-13 between them.  Don't know anything about the half forward line of S. Smyth, Kealon and Cullivan.

Last year's midfield of Owen Lennon and Brendan Egan was very strong. Yesterday Egan was moved to centre back and Dublin panelist Ross McConnell came into midfield. Casey and Diamond the other half backs. Not sure if Bryan Cullen is available this year - I thought he was, but he didnt feature yesterday so now not sure.

Homer

Quote from: Hound on February 08, 2007, 10:21:06 AM
The full foward line of Brogan, Mortimor and Johnson (Cavan) looks strong, and they scored 1-10 of the 2-13 between them.  Don't know anything about the half forward line of S. Smyth, Kealon and Cullivan.

Cullivan is another Cavan man he is only just out of minor but is strong as a horse and a great fielder of a ball. Don't think there is a full-back line in the country that could handle that full-forward line.

Homer

Next Round is with Dundalk/GMIT to be decided today.

H UCD v St Mary's
I DCU v UUJ
J IT SLIGO v DIT
K Dundalk IT/GMIT v NUI Maynooth
L Cork IT v Waterford IT
M Athlone IT v NUI Galway
N Garda College v UCC

behind the wire

anyone know what price the guards are for the sigerson? i think they might be a good outside bet.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

laughinpaddy

Any body no the fixtures/results of the trench cup?
I ain't gettin on no plane!

BallyhaiseMan

Bryan Cullen is gone from DCU...
Is Cluxton gone aswell?
dont think its as strong as team as last year.... but still alot of talent there.
aswell as the afore mentioned

on the DCU site... its says Paddy Keenan the very good Louth Midfielder is on scholarship there as well

http://www.dcu.ie/news/2006/nov/s1106k.shtml

scroll down and you will get a list of names which would make up a good part of the team.

tayto

Bernard Brogan, not Alan.

robertemmet

Are all the games in the Sigerson being held at the Dub?  i.e. finals & s/finals

Homer

Quote from: robertemmet on February 12, 2007, 11:58:36 AM
Are all the games in the Sigerson being held at the Dub?  i.e. finals & s/finals

No, Universities take turns each year in hosting the 'Sigerson weekend' (i.e. semi-finals and finals of both the sigerson and trench cup).

This year Queens University Belfast have the honour.

http://www.sigerson2007.com/