Young Players to watch in 2010...

Started by Kickboxer, February 18, 2010, 06:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kickboxer

Still a good bit away from the start of the championship campaign, but was just wondering if any posters can predict any new players potentially bursting onto the scene this year. From my own county of Derry, i would expect the likes of James Kielt to blossom and possibly Aidy McLaughlin to make an impression. Could any other posters comment on young talent coming through? Perhaps household names this time next year?? Im sure Tyrone will have a good few on the way!

mrhardyannual

Mayo posters please avoid this thread. The last thing we need is overhyped young players in Feb. Ihave no doubt that we have the talent and that it is emerging but let's give them time.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: mrhardyannual on February 18, 2010, 06:31:06 PM
Mayo posters please avoid this thread. The last thing we need is overhyped young players in Feb. Ihave no doubt that we have the talent and that it is emerging but let's give them time.

Ciaran Og MacDonald  :D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

omagh_gael

Some young buck from north Tyrone has been getting rave reviews and might be seen soon in the senior team...think he's Dooher!

ziggysego

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 18, 2010, 07:00:27 PM
Some young buck from north Tyrone has been getting rave reviews and might be seen soon in the senior team...think he's Dooher!

Tyrone will get no-where with him. I'll eat my hat if Tyrone win an All-Ireland with that young buck on the team!
Testing Accessibility

omagh_gael

Im sure your Greencastle cap will be safe for another while ziggy a man I know from Meath (who apparently knows his football) was telling me he ain't no great shake  ;)

longrunsthefox

He ain't exactly new but that Michael Murphy boy from Donegal who got the young player of the year is great to watch. Hope he doesn't get injured or go to Australia... it  is a  joy to watch him in action.   

imtommygunn

Charlie Vernon to make a breakthrough

BJ Walsh of Kerry

Dublin could have one or two

Aidan O'Shea

Would expect big things from Colm O'Neill Cork

Corner forward for Kildare - Andrew ??? Good last year but potential to be a class forward

red hander

I was well impressed with young Ronaldson for Mayo in Omagh

Dougal

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 18, 2010, 11:07:26 PM

BJ Walsh of Kerry

Aidan O'Shea

Corner forward for Kildare - Andrew ??? Good last year but potential to be a class forward

alan smith,scored something like 4-7 in the champ?not on the team this year,dropped due to an injury
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dougal on February 18, 2010, 11:13:29 PM

BJ Walsh of Kerry

Aidan O'Shea

alan smith,scored something like 4-7 in the champ?not on the team this year,dropped due to an injury

Much more complex story to be honest. Expect he'll be long back before the start of the summer.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dougal

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 18, 2010, 11:15:52 PM

BJ Walsh of Kerry

Aidan O'Shea

Much more complex story to be honest. Expect he'll be long back before the start of the summer.

great news,one of my favs on the kildare team after earley.

i expect big things from david givney (from a cavan point of view)if not in the seniors then in the u21s if they get a decent run this year.

boojangles

Quote from: Dougal on February 18, 2010, 11:21:00 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 18, 2010, 11:15:52 PM

BJ Walsh of Kerry

Aidan O'Shea

great news,one of my favs on the kildare team after earley.

i expect big things from david givney (from a cavan point of view)if not in the seniors then in the u21s if they get a decent run this year.

Cavan's Knight in shining armour. If handled right and obviously depending on himself- Givney could be one of the Midfielders we so desperately crave. Class act.

imtommygunn

alan smith, d'oh

for some reason andrew mclaughlin's name was in my head for him...

this shine boy from roscommon seems to be doing well in the league.

Dougal

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 18, 2010, 11:34:02 PM
alan smith, d'oh

for some reason andrew mclaughlin's name was in my head for him...

this shine boy from roscommon seems to be doing well in the league.

shines a class act alright,saw him twice this year,worth the entrance fee both times