Mossad Killing in Dubai

Started by Doogie Browser, February 17, 2010, 09:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Not sure if there was a thread on this already, unbelievably there is nothing about this story on the RTÉ news website. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8519366.stm

stephenite

Doogie Browser

Quote from: stephenite on February 17, 2010, 09:47:17 AM
How do you know it was Mossad?
Well it wasn't Gail Folliard from Ireland.

stephenite

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 17, 2010, 09:48:40 AM
Quote from: stephenite on February 17, 2010, 09:47:17 AM
How do you know it was Mossad?
Well it wasn't Gail Folliard from Ireland.

Undoubtedly true - however other agencies murdering terrorist leaders to make it look like another rival one carried it out in order to stir up some trouble is hardly a new tactic

rossie mad

Because he is a leader of HAMAS means does he automatically be classed as a terroist?

Doogie Browser

Just seems to bear the hallmarks of a Mossad attack, if you have definitive evidence it was not Mossad or if it annoys you I will gladly change the thread title.

stephenite

Quote from: rossie mad on February 17, 2010, 10:02:05 AM

Because he is a leader of HAMAS means does he automatically be classed as a terroist?

Fair point

stephenite

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 17, 2010, 10:02:41 AM
Just seems to bear the hallmarks of a Mossad attack, if you have definitive evidence it was not Mossad or if it annoys you I will gladly change the thread title.

No, not anoying me at all, and Ive no evidence - and you're right it does bear all the hallmarks of a Mossad op.

Just trying to get some discussion going, that it does bear all the hallmarks of Mossad is exactly why I suspect it might not be- fits too well. There are number of potentials others who might have set this up - my money is on Iran or else the Yanks trying to provoke more violence in Gaza and continue to try and bait Iran into getting more involved.

Or else it was just a Mossad operation and I read too many books on CIA meddling in others affairs

Doogie Browser

Quote from: stephenite on February 17, 2010, 10:09:54 AM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 17, 2010, 10:02:41 AM

No, not anoying me at all, and Ive no evidence - and you're right it does bear all the hallmarks of a Mossad op.

Just trying to get some discussion going, that it does bear all the hallmarks of Mossad is exactly why I suspect it might not be- fits too well. There are number of potentials others who might have set this up - my money is on Iran or else the Yanks trying to provoke more violence in Gaza and continue to try and bait Iran into getting more involved.

Or else it was just a Mossad operation and I read too many books on CIA meddling in others affairs
Fair enough, I assumed it was mossad right away, as you say maybe that was why the perpetrators did it like that, copycat style. 

Zapatista

If it had all the hallmarks of a Mossad op we wouldn't consider them at all ;)

I see no reason why Iran would do this? CIA/Mossad same thing really.

Geoff Tipps

QuoteBecause he is a leader of HAMAS means does he automatically be classed as a terroist?

Are Hamas not classed as a terrorist organisation??

stephenite

Quote from: Zapatista on February 17, 2010, 10:18:00 AM

If it had all the hallmarks of a Mossad op we wouldn't consider them at all ;)

I see no reason why Iran would do this? CIA/Mossad same thing really.

Iran are deliberatley trying to stir up tensions in Palestine in order to disract their enemies in Israel, this serves the purpose of putting more pressure on Israel as a time when the Whitehouse is housing the least pro-Israel President in living memory. More violence along the border with Israel with Palestine equates to more pressure from the Whitehouse to cease the building of settlements etc. This would be a major bonus for the entire Arab world.

Wouldn't surprise if Hamas were involved themselves.

To be honest there's any number of suspects

stephenite

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on February 17, 2010, 10:25:26 AM
QuoteBecause he is a leader of HAMAS means does he automatically be classed as a terroist?

Are Hamas not classed as a terrorist organisation??

Only in the US, Canada, Israel and possible France,

The UK class their armed wing as a terrorist organisarion not Hamas itself

Zapatista

Quote from: stephenite on February 17, 2010, 10:27:47 AM
Iran are deliberatley trying to stir up tensions in Palestine in order to disract their enemies in Israel, this serves the purpose of putting more pressure on Israel as a time when the Whitehouse is housing the least pro-Israel President in living memory. More violence along the border with Israel with Palestine equates to more pressure from the Whitehouse to cease the building of settlements etc. This would be a major bonus for the entire Arab world.

Wouldn't surprise if Hamas were involved themselves.

To be honest there's any number of suspects

I still don't see it. The least pro Israeli president is still pro israel. Tensions are at an all time high all ready in Palestine/Israel. It's only 12 months since the last invasion when the israels bombed anything that the palestinians need to survive. Israel have never accepted pressure from anywhere in the world regarding their occupation of Palestine. I don't think Obama will make a difference to that when he can't even get a health bill through his own back yard. Hightened tensions between Israel and Palestine serve Iran no purpose. It only gives Israel an excuse to invade again and with the world glaring at Iran and possible nuclear capability the last thing Iran need is more conflict in the region. If more info comes out about nuclear power in Iran and more conflict with Palestine it only gives Israel an excuse to attack Iran. Not that I think this will happen.

stephenite

Yep - all fair points Zap, but increasing the pressure on Israel gives Iran the reason it needs to become a nuclear power, in their own eyes at least. They seem pretty determined to get it and like Israel they don't appear to bow down to pressure from anywhere in the world - and Iran as a nuclear power gives them more clout in the region, unsettling Israel to the point of forcing them to invade, and most likely dragging the US into another battle in an Islamic country in the region.

Again, I could be reading too many books like Ghost Wars but the craic the CIA, the Saudis, Mossad, ISI etc got up to in the past means nothing is impossible