Harte threatens live TV ban !

Started by orangeman, February 16, 2010, 09:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpower

Quote from: orangeman on February 16, 2010, 09:58:58 AM
Angry Harte threatens TV boycott

Mickey Harte is raising the stakes in the row over retrospective red cards
Tuesday, 16 February 2010 08:59
Tyrone manager Mickey Harte has revealed that his county may consider banning television cameras from their home National League games, as the row over retrospective red cards intensifies.

Harte yesterday revealed his frustration with the current system which saw three of his players receive bans based on the strength of video replays.

The Tyrone boss claims that such decisions are not being applied across the board because of the lack of television cameras at some grounds, claiming that teams who featured in televised matches are at a disadvantage.

Derry manager Damian Cassidy echoed those complaints after Eoin Bradley was also suspended, but now Harte appears to have upped the stakes.

'It's something we'll have to consider,' Harte said when questioned on the possibility of a TV blackout.

'In fact, our county board have made suggestions that if that's going to be case then we could reserve the right to decide whether our league games are to be televised or not,' he told the Irish Examiner.

'I don't know how many times we've been on (TV) but the bottom line is if our game against Derry had not been televised we would have Martin Penrose, Conor Gormley and Justin McMahon playing against Mayo,' said Harte.

'That's an undisputed fact. We were disadvantaged being on live TV. Two of them weren't red cards. Martin Penrose was a different incident anyway. That's not condoning what any of them did. We just need it to be on a level playing field.'

Daft idea .

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: red hander on February 19, 2010, 07:37:36 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 19, 2010, 07:12:36 PM
I think partition should go except maybe to keep Tyrone partitioned off...a big wall maybe,  with tightly controlled entry into the South.

Well, it would have been the only way you would have stopped us cheating you at Croke Park in 2003, 2005 and 2008 ... it's a pity you shame a footballing legend and a gentleman to boot by using his name as your board moniker, you're not fit to use his name

fixed that for you. Learn to spell for christs sakes

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 19, 2010, 09:18:49 PM
I think partition should go except maybe to keep Tyrone partitioned off...a big wall maybe,  with tightly controlled entry into the South.

Well, it would have been the only way you would have stopped us beating you at Croke Park in 2003, 2005 and 2008 ... it's a pity you shame a footballing legend and a gentleman to boot by using his name as your board moniker, you're not fit to use his name

Stop reminding me for christs sakes  :'(

There you go Mikey  ;)

LeoMc

Quote from: cadhlancian on February 18, 2010, 04:01:30 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 17, 2010, 10:41:41 PM
You're missing the point, Mickey
The issue of how and when players who misbehave are detected is completely irrevelant. Do the crime, expect to do the time

Now there's a defence the motorist I saw pulled in for speeding on my way to Thurles last Sunday could have used.

"Garda, what about the boyos who speed on the roads where you aren't pointing your damn hairdryer at this precise moment? A level of consistency on this issue needs to be established."

"Right, but we caught you so can we have your name and address?"

- Martin Breheny

Irish Independent
What a stupid comparison ::) Hardly practical to have speed guns on EVERY ROAD 24 hours a day 365 a year, however having cameras at all NFL league games is without doubt possible ( however unlikely), Martin Breheny is a GAUNCH! :o

Actually think it is a good comparison. It would be impossible to catch every indiscretion  just as it would be impossible to catch every speeding motorist. However if your are caught you pay the penalty. The fear of getting caught should be the deterrant.

However the question should be is the Garda only pointing the camera at BMW's, targetting one particular type of car.

LeoMc

I deliberately used BMW's for  the comparison above as I think Tyrone are the BMW's of the GAA world, one of the top brands, solid, well engineered, the car most try to emulate but not particularly well liked as seen as too flashy or obnoxious.

Before Mikey Sheehy comes in and says it I would would compare Kerry to Ferarri, the marquee brand over many decades.
Would this make Mayo the equivalent of the British Car industry, their best days were 50 years ago though they still supply some good drivers.
Not sure where Dublin fit in this analogy but it would be something with no lock-nuts as the wheels come off every August.

cadhlancian

Quote from: hardstation on February 21, 2010, 12:07:36 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on February 20, 2010, 11:50:10 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on February 18, 2010, 04:01:30 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 17, 2010, 10:41:41 PM
You're missing the point, Mickey
The issue of how and when players who misbehave are detected is completely irrevelant. Do the crime, expect to do the time

Now there's a defence the motorist I saw pulled in for speeding on my way to Thurles last Sunday could have used.

"Garda, what about the boyos who speed on the roads where you aren't pointing your damn hairdryer at this precise moment? A level of consistency on this issue needs to be established."

"Right, but we caught you so can we have your name and address?"

- Martin Breheny

Irish Independent
What a stupid comparison ::) Hardly practical to have speed guns on EVERY ROAD 24 hours a day 365 a year, however having cameras at all NFL league games is without doubt possible ( however unlikely), Martin Breheny is a GAUNCH! :o

Actually think it is a good comparison. It would be impossible to catch every indiscretion  just as it would be impossible to catch every speeding motorist. However if your are caught you pay the penalty. The fear of getting caught should be the deterrant.

However the question should be is the Garda only pointing the camera at BMW's, targetting one particular type of car.
No, it is a stupid comparison as the driver who is caught is not in a competition with "all the other drivers".

For example, Tyrone and Derry play a match, there is a row. 23 players banned due to TV evidence.

On the same night, Mayo play Kerry. They knock the fcuk out of each other from start to finish. Not on TV.

Next fixtures:
Tyrone v Mayo
Derry v Kerry

Kerry v Tyrone
Mayo v Derry
al last someone who gets the drift! ;D

red hander

Well, it would have been the only way you would have stopped us cheating you at Croke Park in 2003, 2005 and 2008 ... it's a pity you shame a footballing legend and a gentleman to boot by using his name as your board moniker, you're not fit to use his name

I was right, then,  you're still having trouble getting over it ... sure, judging by your contributions, I doubt if you were even born in 2003 ... make sure mammy warms that milk for you tonight

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: red hander on February 21, 2010, 06:26:09 PM

I was right, then,  you're still having trouble getting over it ... sure, judging by your contributions, I doubt if you were even born in 2003 ... make sure mammy warms that milk for you tonight

yes, football was invented in 2003 wasnt it  ::)  You probably never watched a game till then. No doubt you'll go back to watching Liverpool or Man Utd once Tyrone fade back into the mediocre rump of Ulster counties.

croker

We have been building up a continued momentum since we won 2 all ire titles in the 1940s and like all true tyrone gaels we will  maintain our existence with the gaa counties elite in this century  ;) tyrone abu

Nally Stand

So Mike, if Ulster counties are mediocre, how many Munster counties have won Sam in the last 20 years? It's a long time isn't it. Twenty years I mean. Remember twenty four years ago? When Kerry last beat Tyrone in the championship? Jez that was long ago wasn't it?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Apologies twenty four years. Wrote twenty four in a thread earlier in the week. I'll correct that now, Don't know what put twenty six in my head. Still, long time Mike ;-)
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

bonaduche

hello im back
does this mean a game can be reviewedon video if a ref makes a mistake and costs some county a win that could take them to croke park
where is the equality in this video system     does it comply with both governments equality statements?