No
16 (53.3%)
A bit
4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on February 15, 2010, 07:02:10 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 15, 2010, 07:00:22 PM
Maybe the whole lot are paranoid as f**k, but I have never exerienced such hospitality as I did yesterday in Omagh. Fair dues to the Tyrone crowd.  :)

Thats the point i think, great craic in person like a pint etc. I suppose the troubles up there have a lot to anser for.

Ya the Nordies are paranoid, if they really knew what it was like to have to whole world against them like the poor downtrodden people of the West of Ireland.  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

theterminator

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 14, 2010, 12:33:48 PM
It started when Collins sold us out and Jack Lynch in 1969  promised to intervene and did the dirt Then youse let foreign games into Croke Park, sold out to the GPA, voted for the British army to play Gaelic games and put in the back door system to help Mayo win Sam... tho that didn't work. Apart from that, we trust you Mexicans with our lives... not with our children tho  :o

:D :D :D :D :D true

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: theterminator on February 15, 2010, 08:12:43 PM
It started when Collins sold us out and Jack Lynch in 1969  promised to intervene and did the dirt Then youse let foreign games into Croke Park, sold out to the GPA, voted for the British army to play Gaelic games and put in the back door system to help Mayo win Sam... tho that didn't work. Apart from that, we trust you Mexicans with our lives... not with our children tho  :o

I once heard an Armagh fella blame the Cork folk for telling the Spanish to f**k off at the Battle of Kinsale, I kid you not.

Peter Solan the Great

Just something to support my view, its from a highly respected poster on the HS website.

Dellboypolecat
County: Tyrone

562455  The problem here is mc mahon had to go for attempting / or striking is a straight red . Ronaldson should get banned on video and the same to kerry/cork so it be fair if this happens if not well we all know why. 

Lar Naparka

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 15, 2010, 08:46:26 PM

I once heard an Armagh fella blame the Cork folk for telling the Spanish to f**k off at the Battle of Kinsale, I kid you not.
It's a good one alright. Them Antrim folks have long memories. (Probably true as well.)
Wexford are nearly as bad.
I was at a Leinster hurling final one time back in the 90s and Kilkenny had slaughtered Wexford once more. I was in my local, Tom Kennedys  in Drumcondra, that night and I overheard a row going on at the table beside me. A few heads from both counties were hard at it and tempers were rising, to put it mildly.
One Wexford man could take no more; he staggered to his feet and in a voice that could be heard all around the shop, he roared, "Ah, f**k you and yer bloody Leinster titles. At least, we never pissed on the powder in '98!"
He then stormed out of the place but what intrigued me was the reaction of the few Kilkenny fellas that were there.
They knew damn well what he meant and they shut up after that. There was no more slagging from that quarter anyway.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: hardstation on February 15, 2010, 09:23:00 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 15, 2010, 09:20:14 PM

It's a good one alright. Them Antrim folks have long memories. (Probably true as well.)
I was at a Leinster hurling final one time back in the 90s and Kilkenny had slaughtered Wexford once more. I was in my local, Tom Kennedys  in Drumcondra, that night and I overheard a row going on at the table beside me. A few heads from both counties were hard at it and tempers were rising, to put it mildly.
One Wexford man could take no more; he staggered to his feet and in a voice that could be heard all around the shop, he roared, "Ah, f**k you and yer bloody Leinster titles. At least, we never pissed on the powder in '98!"
He then stormed out of the place but what intrigued me was the reaction of the few Kilkenny fellas that were there.
They knew damn well what he meant and they shut up after that. There was no more slagging from that quarter anyway.
What the feck did we do?

Yous pissed on the powder kegs!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on February 15, 2010, 09:31:22 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 15, 2010, 09:23:00 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 15, 2010, 09:20:14 PM

What the feck did we do?

Yous pissed on the powder kegs!

Sure they probably filled the powder kegs  :D

rosnarun

Lad beside me yeaterdaystarted going on about the ref Jimmy'malin head' white favouring mayo because  he was a southerner and we all know a donegal man never gave anyone the steam of their piss
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: rosnarun on February 15, 2010, 09:55:06 PM
Lad beside me yeaterdaystarted going on about the ref Jimmy'malin head' white favouring mayo because  he was a southerner and we all know a donegal man never gave anyone the steam of their piss

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely he favoured Tyrone because he was an East of the Shannon ref.   ::)

mountainboii

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on February 15, 2010, 09:13:07 PM
Just something to support my view, its from a highly respected poster on the HS website.

Does not compute.

crossfire

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on February 15, 2010, 07:02:10 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 15, 2010, 07:00:22 PM
Maybe the whole lot are paranoid as f**k, but I have never exerienced such hospitality as I did yesterday in Omagh. Fair dues to the Tyrone crowd.  :)

Thats the point i think, great craic in person like a pint etc. I suppose the troubles up there have a lot to anser for.

Were you in Omagh Peter, to experience it.?
I look forward to your anser. :)

screenexile

It's not a Nordie thing it seems to be just a Tyrone thing. . . Mickey Harte is always crying about something or other so the rest of the County have to follow suit!

Main Street

Mickey Harte is one of the philosophers of the game.
If no one hears the tree falling in the forest, that means it hasn't happened.
If the RTE panel don't see a melee on a Tyrone pitch, then it hasn't happened.

Nordies are not paranoid, they are just the mouthy torch bearers on a crusade for the one true GAA gospel and woe betide to the infidels.

BennyHarp

I think Pat McEneaney decided in retrospect that the 3 tyrone lads deserved red cards because he wanted them suspended for when tyrone play his brothers team in a few weeks - Does this make me paranoid?
That was never a square ball!!

Zapatista

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 16, 2010, 10:16:28 AM
I think Pat McEneaney decided in retrospect that the 3 tyrone lads deserved red cards because he wanted them suspended for when tyrone play his brothers team in a few weeks - Does this make me paranoid?

Not unless you think MI5 were involved. MI5... Monaghan 15 :o the pieces are all fitting together.