Brian Kerr brings Faroes to Belfast

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, February 08, 2010, 10:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on February 09, 2010, 11:13:11 AM
The main bone of contention though is that the North of Ireland supporters (supported by their mono cultural allies in the media up here, eg the Belfast Telegraph editorial only yesterday referred to them as being "Champion" ::) have made great play out of the fact that they are non sectarian, have eradicated a problem that has existed since time immemorial in Northern Irish soccer and the laughable suggestion that anyone can attend Windsor Park now and feel comfortable.
Why are you reading the BT? Are you looking for reasons to be offended?
Someone as sensitive as you should be more careful with what you read.

stew

I would love to know were the feck nifan went, I would also like his take on this situation however I think that he would probably say that a small minority of people will hurl abuse at Kerr and that the rest of the fans will tell them to shut up and watch the game.

Given the apathy surrounding rogers comments I think it is more than a few and I will be watching thezse games with great interest, I hope they leave Kerr alone.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

iluvni

I'd imagine Kerr will get a few half-hearted jeers which will last for  about 2 seconds, then he'll be forgotten about.

As usual, Fearon and those like him will be sadly disappointed that NI fans fail to let themselves down as he'd like.
Probably wont stop the boring f**ker from crying though.

saffron sam2

Quote from: iluvni on February 10, 2010, 08:35:43 PM

I'd imagine Kerr will get a few half-hearted jeers which will last for  about 2 seconds, then he'll be forgotten about.

As usual, Fearon and those like him will be sadly disappointed that NI fans fail to let themselves down as he'd like.
Probably wont stop the boring f**ker from crying though.

There is no-one like Anthony Fearon Esq.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

T Fearon

"will last for  about 2 seconds, then he'll be forgotten about." Just like the North of Ireland's Euro Campaign ;D

The Faroes North of Ireland games will probably decide who finishes bottom of the group. The Faroes have taken points of the six counties previously, when they (ie the 

MW

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 10, 2010, 02:03:23 PM
There is a lot of hate on that site. They seem to be permanently irate about something or other whether it be related to football, rugby, politics or something on the telly. I won't even mention GAA. Most of it one way or another seems to come back to Ireland.

Where is the love? ;D

Hmm. Discussion board, heal thyself. As I might say if I were an internet-age Galiliean preacher-faith healer.

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on February 10, 2010, 10:57:37 PM
"will last for  about 2 seconds, then he'll be forgotten about." Just like the North of Ireland's Euro Campaign ;D

The Faroes North of Ireland games will probably decide who finishes bottom of the group. The Faroes have taken points of the six counties previously, when they (ie the

I think he will get stick from start to finish tbh. The north will not finish at the bottom of the group and they might even be fit to finish third.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: MW on February 11, 2010, 12:06:08 AM
There is a lot of hate on that site. They seem to be permanently irate about something or other whether it be related to football, rugby, politics or something on the telly. I won't even mention GAA. Most of it one way or another seems to come back to Ireland.

Where is the love? ;D

Hmm. Discussion board, heal thyself. As I might say if I were an internet-age Galiliean preacher-faith healer.

Welcome back MW, funny you pop in now from last being here New Years.
Care to comment on the point/statement in question, or would you rather use Galwaybayboy as deflection?
Tbc....

stew

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 11, 2010, 12:39:00 AM

Where is the love? ;D

Care to comment on the point/statement in question, or would you rather use Galwaybayboy as deflection?

Thats actually a typical owc tactic, they do it in here all the time.

Boys like mw are some craic, by the time they are finished deflecting not only is the issue of the day not owc's fault but it is the GAA's.  ::)

T Fearon

I think by the neames he'll be called at Wndsor Park, Brian Kerr will be mistaken for his Spanish cousin, Juan Kerr ;D

Rossfan

Quote from: stew on February 11, 2010, 01:08:06 AM

Where is the love? ;D

Boys like mw are some craic, by the time they are finished deflecting not only is the issue of the day not owc's fault but it is the GAA's.  ::)

Dublinfella must be one of their members too  ;D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

MW

Where is the love? ;D

So every post on a thread must relate only to the initial post and not to subsequent ones?

I don't think Brian Kerr will get a great deal of abuse - and if people want to boo or barrack him (given his role in 'tapping' NI players), that's their prerogative. I don't think it should cross into obscenity though.

By the way my point above was that while people on this thread have complained about how this board has been referred to on OWC, the very word they've complained about, and other similar words, have been used on here by regular posters to refer to OWC.

My message above was this - instead of people on either board looking first to find fault and offence on the other, they could look to heal the faults in their own board.

MW

Quote from: stew on February 11, 2010, 01:08:06 AM

Where is the love? ;D

It'll cause you no end of cognitive dissonance to learn that I don't, and indeed can't, even read OWC. Can you compute that?

Not sure what I'm supposed to be saying is the GAA's fault, either...

T Fearon

Sad but not untypical of an attitude all too prevalent in the free state, that the North is a "foreign land" etc.

Can Brian Kerr not see that individuals are making a free choice that was denied to the likes of Pat Jennings, Martin O'Neill, Geroge Best etc?