Tyrone v Mayo - Healy park, valentines day

Started by tyroneman, February 07, 2010, 02:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: gerry on February 14, 2010, 03:21:16 PM
Ref not letting much go today.

Definitely not one of Mr White's better games.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

mannix

ONeill

Winless Tyrone v Winless Kerry would be good craic.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

Just in from the game, as mentioned earlier the ref was very fussy and inconsistent, from were I was sat Joe's red seemed harsh.

Winning margin flattered Tyrone a bit as mayo much the better team, more dangerous from open play and had more ideas and options all over the field. Disappointed in some of the silly mistakes made by Tyrone, a lot of unforced errors which is not like us. A typical example was Hub giving the ba straight to a Mayo man which was fed into our square and resulted in their penalty (and then giving out stink that he'd no options even though Dermy Carlin was on his shoulder!) This wasn't hubs day as he was poor through out.

Fair play to colm cavanagh, one of our best players, the move out the field paid dividence as he was much more involved. Looks like we'll be fighting for survival this year again with a lot of tough games ahead.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 14, 2010, 04:50:30 PM
Fair play to colm cavanagh, one of our best players, the move out the field paid dividence as he was much more involved. Looks like we'll be fighting for survival this year again with a lot of tough games ahead.

Agreed, acquitted himself well today, and fair dues.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

longrunsthefox

Mayo deserved to win... Andy Moran was too much for Ricey and a lot came thro him. I can see why Harte hates the rule about the mark... doesn't suit us at all. I think it is a good rule all the same..   

omagh_gael

Just seen the coverage from the game...Joe's sending off was ridiculous an absolute joke...if there is to be any consistency within the cccc then andy moran (I think) should be suspendend as he lashed out and punched ricey just before joe's incident. Paeder Gardiner let himself down a bagfull, a terible reaction to joe's push in the chest.

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 14, 2010, 05:28:41 PM
Just seen the coverage from the game...Joe's sending off was ridiculous an absolute joke...if there is to be any consistency within the cccc then andy moran (I think) should be suspendend as he lashed out and punched ricey just before joe's incident. Paeder Gardiner let himself down a bagfull, a terible reaction to joe's push in the chest.

OG, my understanding was that Joe was sent off for emptying the Mayo fella that sprinted towards him.  Seemed to catch him a nice wee clip.  Joes push in the chest didnt merit a red, but the box did.
In your Endo!

Club Rossa

Hope Gardiner is ok after McMahons haymaker,he looked to be seriously hurt ;)
Better team won on the day and they probably should have won by a few more.Jimmy White had a poor game,and both teams could have cause for complaint with him.
Mark Ronaldson was very impressive,what is it about Shrule-Glencorrib players and Tyrone?Conor Mortimer normally torments us and now Ronaldson.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

The fox spat in my face at the game. Disguisting, especially when the world is on high alert over Swine Flu!
Testing Accessibility

tyroneman

Jaysus I must have been at a different game today  :-\

I thought Mayo were there for the taking. Most of the Mayo points in the first half  came from Tyone mistakes (Hub = penalty, Packie = first 2 for example)

When we ran at speed at the Mayo defence we banged over 3 in a row and to be hoinest I thought we played much the better football.

Poor pass selection / execution at crucial times and basic mistakes killed us.

Colm Cavanagh was a curates egga again but thought Cassidy, Joey  and Red Sean aquittd themselves well

EC Unique

Tyrone very poor and did not deserve to be within a point of Mayo. Forwards were very slow and give no options to anyone looking to make a long pass. Midfield non-existant in 2nd half. Joe struck out right in front of the ref and left him no option but red. Some very basic errors made today and fittness does not look good either.  Will be fine come May or June but a scrap to stay up now. I thought Colm Cavanagh was brutal (again)espicially in the 1st half. He would struggle to make the top 3 club teams in Tyrone in my opinion.

Rois

Best Tyrone player for me was Carlin. I thought Cavanagh did more good than bad today. Kyle Coney looked afraid to challenge for the ball, not surprising his jersey was pristine when he came off. It's a pity Peter Harte wasn't on earlier, started to show well but maybe it was his freshness.
Packie had a shocker of a first half, gave away at least the first two Mayo points.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: EC Unique on February 14, 2010, 05:52:52 PM
Tyrone very poor and did not deserve to be within a point of Mayo. Forwards were very slow and give no options to anyone looking to make a long pass. Midfield non-existant in 2nd half. Joe struck out right in front of the ref and left him no option but red. Some very basic errors made today and fittness does not look good either.  Will be fine come May or June but a scrap to stay up now. I thought Colm Cavanagh was brutal (again)espicially in the 1st half. He would struggle to make the top 3 club teams in Tyrone in my opinion.

What the hell game were you watching? He took a lot of deserved stick last weekend but was one of Tyrone's best players today. Caught two marks, scored a great point and was involved in numerous scores. Having watched club football in Tyrone that last comment is just nonsense.