NFL Division 3 Thread

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 01, 2010, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: rossie mad on March 23, 2010, 10:14:28 AM
Quote from: southsidejohnny on March 23, 2010, 08:43:46 AM
God I feel for Cavan, having to go to places like Sligo and Roscommon must kill a blue blood county like that. Down with the domestiques of Gaelic football and only Offaly to keep them company. Hopefully both will escape the hell of division three football and get up amid the class they really belong to. Next year Ros and Sligo will be travelling to far away places like London and Kilkenny.

Whats wrong with that?
Get a bit of a break in london long weekend with the lads and a win followed by bringing the missus for a another long weekend in the marble city after the previous weeks debauchery and another win.
Four points on the table and two great weekends i couldnt think of better to be honest.

Its called supporting your county something id say is lost on you ;D

With Cavan's luck we definitely get the pair of them at home!!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Celt_Man

God I feel for Cavan, having to go to places like Sligo and Roscommon must kill a blue blood county like that. Down with the domestiques of Gaelic football and only Offaly to keep them company. Hopefully both will escape the hell of division three football and get up amid the class they really belong to. Next year Ros and Sligo will be travelling to far away places like London and Kilkenny.

Load of nonsense, if you look at our results in the late couple of years, division 3 is about right for us.... would love to say we were division 1 standard but....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

heineken_on_tap

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 23, 2010, 11:56:55 AM

Load of nonsense, if you look at our results in the late couple of years, division 3 is about right for us.... would love to say we were division 1 standard but....

I think johnny boy is more concerned at having a pop at Ros/Sligo more than anything else Celt_Man. I hope he makes it to the U-21 Connaught final to see some quality under age players from both sides on display  ;) :D

magpie seanie

Southsidejohnny's surname must be Prenty!

saffron sam2

Gall's forwards Niblock and McGourty have been approached about togging out on Saturday evening.

Defenders and forwards given at least another week off.

Allegedly.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: saffron sam2 on March 23, 2010, 01:53:39 PM
Gall's forwards Niblock and McGourty have been approached about togging out on Saturday evening.

Allegedly.

Does this tell us where Baker sees weaknesses in the squad??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

saffron sam2

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on March 23, 2010, 02:53:28 PM

Allegedly.

Does this tell us where Baker sees weaknesses in the squad??

I was thinking it's more because of Magill's injury.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

mattockranger

Allegedly.

ah Baker sould give them another week off.....player burn-out and all that ;D
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

AZOffaly

Big game for Offaly this Saturday. Away form has been poor again this year (albeit with narrow defeats), but losses to Sligo and Wexford away have been compensated for by wins at home to Fermanagh, Roscommon and Antrim. If Offaly could get a win up in Cavan, then promotion becomes a distinct possibility, with Louth coming to Tullamore.

Defeat away again, and I'd say that'll be all she wrote.

Rossfan

We need to win our two last games and hope Cavan and Fermanagh lose theirs to stay up.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

FermGael

Cavan and Fermanagh play each other in the last game
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Rossfan

We need Fermanagh to win that one then  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

unitedireland

Fermanagh to turn the tide this weekend. This team have had a lot of set backs but have proven in the past that they have good players and are hard working

Rossie11

QuoteWe need to win our two last games and hope Cavan and Fermanagh lose theirs to stay up.
Disagree with you Rossfan. Think we need Fermanagh to beat Sligo this weekend in order to give us a chance.
Barring a hammering for some team we havent a hope of catching majority of teams on points difference.
The only way possible for us to stay up in my book would be the following.
Beat wexford by 5points (minimum requirement) to bring our scoring diff to -11.
Sligo to lose to fermanagh by 1 leaving them on -4.
In that case a 4pt win in Sligo in the last game would more than likely keep Ross up.
Its a huge/impossible scenario..  :(

drici

We have to get it right in the middle"- boss

AS THE Wexford footballers get back into the promotion mix in the National League, manager Jason Ryan reckons his side's patchy performances in Division 3 can be remedied by some basic improvements around the general midfield area.

Even in the victories over Offaly, Sligo and Fermanagh they have struggled in that zone, although Jason is not placing the finger of blame on just those in shirts 8 and 9 but the half-backs and half-forwards too.

When it is ventured that Wexford's failure to put Fermanagh to the sword last Sunday was largely down to the tendency of Wexford players to launch aimless deliveries inside, the manger initially agreed before stating: "Our efforts were blighted above all by the fact that we were not winning kick-outs, and that is not all down to the midfielders – it is about the wingbacks and wing-forwards picking up the breaks too.

But not one of our players managed to do that today. In the modern game individual genius is disappearing and instead it is becoming about all round efficiency.

So we have to get it right in the middle by being quicker in terms of picking up the breaks and being more efficient with the ball once we get into the opposition's '45."

He steered away from cribbing too much about the quality of Wexford's overall play against Fermanagh as instead Jason opted to praise the effort of an injury and suspensionhit squad.

"Never mind the win," he cried before quickly enthusing: "...that was the most significant performance since 2008 if you look at the size of the squad we had, which is something that we have been playing down for the last few weeks.

But, while we had Daithí Waters, PJ Banville and David Fogarty in the squad, we were never going to be able to risk them because they are only just coming back from injury.

On top of that we are without Ben Brosnan (serving a month's suspension) and Brian Malone (missed the Fermanagh game having been dismissed for two yellow-cards twice within a 48-week period). So really we only had 20 players to work with today.

"I am just delighted we got through the game okay, and what made the result most pleasing is that while we did not play well the lads still fought so hard."

Even still, Jason accepts a repeat performance will hardly suffice next Sunday away to Roscommon. "No, but getting the win gives our lads a new confidence that hopefully they can feed off.

We already had plenty of motivation for the Roscommon match after what they did to us in last year's championship (beating Wexford in a replayed Qualifier), but with our win over Fermanagh and the way the other results fell at the weekend we know that if we can win in Roscommon and at home to Antrim that we could still get promotion," he points out.