NFL Division 3 Thread

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 01, 2010, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: FermPundit on March 06, 2010, 09:58:12 PM

The referee was woeful. The sending off did change the game but in truth we never looked like winning. Paddy Cunningham was very impressive this evening. If only we had a player of his ability

Only three of the Fermanagh team started in the championship last year. We really are down to the bare bones. I really hope we get Marty McGrath and Eamon Maguire back soon because we're in depth relegation trouble. Heading down to division 4 is unthinkable

You look to be down to th bare bones alright but McGrath, Maguire, Little, Owens etc are all good players so will help a lot.

What was impressive about Cunningham tonight was that he scored some great points with his right foot. I still thought Magill was man of the match. Loughrey was good also. Quiet enough night from Michael McCann but I thought Close was good tonight. Tony Scullion is brilliant one minute and does the stupidest thing in the world the next - frustrating player at times!

I wold still think there's a few of the boys on the antrim team who won't be there c'ship time. Also I'd like to see a lot more from Crozier - I thought he was poor enough.

drici

Wexford 2-06 Sligo 0-06
20 minutes gone - 2nd Half.

Wexford down to 14.

drici

Wexford 3-06 Sligo 0-06

drici

Wexford 3-07 Sligo 1-06

boro

Good result for Wexford today, but Sligo were awful poor. Some terrible shooting by both sides, which wasn't helped by a swirling breeze. I thought Wexford always looked in control, despite being a man down for the last 15 minutes, and in truth could have won by more. Hopefully we will push on for promotion now, still have two games left to play at home so we should be in with a good chance.

ross4life

Offaly 2-14 Roscommon 2-13 Crazy game, one which the Rossies could have got hammered or even won  :o

Shine's missed frees & Niall McNamee scoring everything he got was the difference between the sides!

3 defeats in a Row for us now can't see any way back now  :(

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mattockranger

Just home from drogheda and not proud to say...that i witnessed the worst game ever played

we're brutal and Cavan are a shade worse.....

Only for Brian White's expertise at dead ball situations he was the difference...

OMG i feel sick after it :o
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mattockranger on March 07, 2010, 05:01:51 PM

Just home from drogheda and not proud to say...that i witnessed the worst game ever played

we're brutal and Cavan are a shade worse.....

Only for Brian White's expertise at dead ball situations he was the difference...

OMG i feel sick after it :o

dont know about you lads MR
But we are headed for Division 4,
Carr done something i didnt think possible,hes actually gone beyond rock bottom and makes Keoghan look like Micko.
Id love it if we were managerless come next weekend.
We wont be so lucky though.

Cosmo Kramer

Feck's sake lads, ye can't all get relegated!
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

ross4life

After this weekend Results

1 Antrim pts 6
2 Louth pts 4
3 Offaly pts 4
4 Wexford pts 4
5 Sligo pts 2
6 Cavan pts 2
7 Fermanagh pts 2
8 Roscommon pts 0

Antrim will be on 8pts next weekend & are sure for promotion as for the rest.......... there all as bad as each other!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Fermanaghandsam

Fermanagh were brutal and Antrim reasonably good last night. The ref was a clown and hopefully we will never see him at a fermanagh game again!!! As has being said before we are just missing too many and have too small of a pick to have the cover, but hopefully when a few return we can pick up enough wins to stay up.

Antrim despite always looking like winning, should have destroyed a 14 man fermanagh but didnt really. Fermanagh got alot of the breaking ball at midfield so if I was an Antrim man this would worry me. Fermanaghs midfield is not good and has being destroyed in every game so far, so if Antrim want to improve this is one area they should work at!!! But overall I really hope Antrim continue to improve and do well again the year, because they do have the players.

Onlooker

Quote from: hardstation on March 07, 2010, 05:46:22 PM
Who came down from Div 2 last year? Cavan and Wexford?
Fermanagh and Wexford were the teams relegated from Division 2 last year and Down and Tipperary were promoted from Div. 3.

SLIGONIAN

Just back from that farce, we were embarrasing, if theres one thing that fcking annoys me more than any other its lack of effort not giving 100%, well if some of our players gave 40% today id be shocked and tell him to give up football.

The money spent on sending this team the day before was the biggest waste of money ever. To think that all the commitment these players give to just turn up and basically wilt at any physical assertion is a mental block of which I cant explain. Why bother commiting to a county set up if your going to go through the motions on game day.

In the first half alone in my head i was thinking well our lads dont want to win this game. In the 2nd half it was rubber stamped. I wasnt disappointed we lost, i was seething with anger, wexford were awful poor aswell and only for that we would of been annilated early on.

Honestly if any of players want to know about effort watch summerhill defensive front from the forwards to defence last saturday. I cant wait to hear walshs opinion on the game. Will he take responsibilty for the inept stupidity on the line aswell or just blame the players. To me both are to blame.

With that display today its hard to know what to think. Are we that shite, and why in Sligo are the fans not guarnteed 100% effort everyday, every so often there is freakish bad performance mainly due to lack of effort and atitude most things always guarnteed in other counties. Pisses me off.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

well fair play to you sligonian for making the long trip down to wexford Park, i was surprised by that result sounds like if the players gave as much commitment as that Fan's it would have be different?

The Rossies still have to play both Wexford & Sligo yet & they will be expecting 2pts over our lot  ::)

SLIGONIAN

If our lads put in the effort they did today the Rossies have nothing to worry about. I was never as angry today as a long time. Jees even my Dad said the player and managment should apologise for the lack of effort today to those that travelled wasting our time. I just couldnt believe the half heartedness.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"