NFL Division 3 Thread

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 01, 2010, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermPundit

Fermanagh down by 3 in Tullamore
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Caid

Hard to say who the favourite is for Division 3.

There may not be much between top place and bottom place...
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

FermPundit

Quote from: Caid on February 07, 2010, 04:05:04 PM
Hard to say who the favourite is for Division 3.

There may not be much between top place and bottom place...

Every county has the ability to beat one another in this division
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

shark

Quote from: mattockranger on February 06, 2010, 07:13:19 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 06, 2010, 07:06:08 PM
Roscommom Team to play Cavan tomorrow announced
  Date : 06/02/2010 17:00 
                         Roscommon V Cavan

1.            Geoffrey Claffey              Geoffraí Mac Liathimh               Caisléan Riabhach

2.            Sean McDermott             Seán Mac Diarmada                 Gaeil an Iarthair

3.            Michael Killelea               Mícheál Mac Giolla Léith          Caisléan Riabhach

4.            Peter Domican                 Peadar Ó Domgháin                 Naomh Bríd

5.            Niall Carty                       Niall Ó Cárthaigh                      Na Piarsaigh

6.            Ian Kilbride                     Eoin Mac Giolla Bhríde             Naomh Bríd

7.            John Rogers                    Seán Mac Ruairí                       Beal na Buillí

8.            Michael Finneran              Mícheál Ó Finnthírn                  Naomh Dominic

9.            Mark O'Carroll               Marcas Ó Cearúill                    Naomh Bríd

10.        Sean Purcell                    Seán Ó Puirséil                        Mainistir na Buile

11.        David O'Gara                 Dáithí Ó Gadhra                       Gaeil Ros Comáin

12.        Cathal Cregg                   Cathal de Creag                       Gaeil an Iarthair

13.        Ger Heneghan                 Gearard Ó hÉanacháin             Caisléan Riabhach

14.        Donal Shine                     Donal Ó Seighin                       Clann na nGael

15.        Enda Kenny                    Éanna Ó Cionaoith                   Caisléan Riabhach

Is that the same lad  who is playin centre back for UUJ??

Yep, same man.

AZOffaly

Quote from: FermPundit on February 07, 2010, 03:42:10 PM
Fermanagh down by 3 in Tullamore

Good start for Offaly. Important to pick up points at home. I think it's Wexford away next, always tough but if we can get anything there, we'd be starting to shape up. Roscommon got some beating today!

SLIGONIAN

Just off the phone to my Dad, very disappointed, he said it was a game we could of won easy, but deserved nothing for our sheer stupidity.

Said Quinn did well again, was exposed when the midfielders were coming through and passed over him to his man, but not his fault. Said McGuire did ok, and J Davey played well. Marren was our main scorer 0-7 and did well but sometimes slowfrom play but not afraid to shoot. Brehony and Coen did ok. Wont comment on the players who had a bad day as Dad said they 100%.

As a team we gave away the ball the whole time, workrate was good though whch is worrying, considering Quinner said we are flying fit to me so no excuses.

This is what really pissed Dad off, and it pisses him off every week, the manager and his 3 selectors, just stand in the one spot the whole game and talk to each other, dont budge. Hes a great believer in manager and selectors a little spread out and showing some passion and the manager seperating himself. And if so many players played Bad, only 1 change Sean Davey on for Ewing. Explain that. I have to agree with him though wrecks my head aswell but if he gets the results I dont care, just different strokes, he didnt on this occasion.

My biggest fear is our age old habit. Many of ye outside Sligo may not be aware of. We beat Mayo by 14pts in u21 and lost well to Ros in final, we beat Galway in Minor and lost Leitrim in Final, we beat Mayo in 2000 and got hammered by Galway, we had great 2002 ad followed up 2003 tamely, won Connacht 2007 and disaster 2008, decent 2009 now what? Anytime we are favs or have a good yr we never kick on, what was I thinking? I'll put it this way the next day louth at home is make or break, we either show some bottle or forget about promotion.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Ros Comáin 1-10 An Cabhán 2-20 in Dr.Hyde, feck sake Roscommon would need to get their act together.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Tatler Jack

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 07, 2010, 05:27:26 PM
Ros Comáin 1-10 An Cabhán 2-20 in Dr.Hyde, feck sake Roscommon would need to get their act together.

Not sure they have an act!! :-[

Cosmo Kramer

At home against arguably one of the poorer teams in the division as well. A long year ahead for the rossies by the looks of things.

Should their world champion minors not be making some inroads at senior level by now? They'll only be 21/22 so it's far too early to write them off altogether, but you'd have thought at Div 3 level they'd start to have an impact.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on February 07, 2010, 05:38:06 PM

At home against arguably one of the poorer teams in the division as well. A long year ahead for the rossies by the looks of things.

Should their world champion minors not be making some inroads at senior level by now? They'll only be 21/22 so it's far too early to write them off altogether, but you'd have thought at Div 3 level they'd start to have an impact.

I wonder what the housing stock is like in Ballaghadereen, Mayo Co. board could buy a few cheap and sell them cheaper to the great Rossie minor team lads, then they could truely get a chance to thrive at Senior Inter-county level.   ;D

SLIGONIAN

Alot of Class in mayo...all mouth today gmail....im not from Roscommon but hate seeing kicking someone when theyre down.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 07, 2010, 06:05:36 PM
Alot of Class in mayo...all mouth today gmail....im not from Roscommon but hate seeing kicking someone when theyre down.

O cry me a river, you're just a little touchy after Antrim today. Getting offended on other peoples behalf now are you Sligonian, thought Sligo was the centre of Your Universe. I'm not kicking Roscommon at all, feck sake, I actually genuinely disappointed that they lost and lost by so much, I would consider them part of the big 3 of Connacht football ;D . They along with Cavan are part of the aristocracy of football, so expect more from both those counties than their current lowly positions.

Bord na Mona man

Good win for Offaly.
Fermanagh had their corner back Marty O'Brien sent off late in the first half for something the umpire brought to the referee's attention to.
Possibly for striking Ken Casey off the ball?

As often happens Offaly didn't always use that numerical advantage cleverly.
A second half deflected goal from Ciaran McManus proved to be the difference. Fermanagh had a couple of half changes in front of goal near to end to snatch a draw.

Its nearly 3 years since Offaly have lost a league game in Tullamore, so having 3 more home games in the league will be an advantage.

Farrandeelin

Hardly kicking them when they're down? As for the next post, he was making a bit of a joke. Hard luck yourself against Antrim SLIGONIAN, I believe Sligo just fell short and nearly pipped them. That I heard from MWR coming home from Castlebar.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Turlough O Carolan

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on February 07, 2010, 05:38:06 PM

Ros started with four of the 2006 minors today and midway through the first half, one of them - Donie Shine - looked like he was going to beat Cavan on his own, kicking some wonderful long range frees, and an excellent goal, helping Ros to a 5 point lead. However a bit like Mayo last year (except it didn't happen in first 15 mins), once Cavan got into their stride, Roscommon offered a pityful resistance. The team unfortunately has no leaders, is too light weight, no midfield, no one to take a score other than Shine and sad to say but this is looking like another tortuorous year. That said, I think our U21s will put up a good show this year and we'll just have to wait a few years before we are any kind of force at senior level again. Well done to Cavan today. Along with ourselves they are considered favourites for the drop to Div 4 - but they will take a few more scalps yet.