Well done Federer

Started by longrunsthefox, January 31, 2010, 01:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 31, 2010, 01:15:09 PM
What is it with Murray and his coaches and mother doing the clenched fist thing everytime he wins a point? (I assume that's his mother).
Really grates with the Fox. He got some hammering. Delighted for him. Don't know what it is about him but he has a hateful way of going on. Nice bit of blurting at the end tho... 
His best hope is to do a Harrington, hope that the best in the world goes out injured and take his opportunity then.
Aye the fist pumping a particularly annoying trait and the main reason I can't warm to the fella. That and his fans. And Sue Barker.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on January 31, 2010, 01:05:48 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 31, 2010, 12:45:50 PM
This sentimental muthafucka just cost us money

After Slim takes out Cheese? Watched it all again recently.

Correct.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

haranguerer

I dont mind Murray at all, I think hes good, and smart too. He deliberately avoids the media, knowing the tendencies of the british press to build people up then tear them to pieces - which is why sections of it have labelled him as grumpy. Hibs fan too - arent they the real Irish team in scotland or is that someone else?

Not sure if I'd like to see him win though, because tbh, I work with a load of planters and they take equal pride in things scottish and norn irsh and I hate the c***ts.

Federer is a complete legend - one of the greatest sportsmen ever. When you're as good as that preordering clothes isnt cocky, its sensible. I dont think hes said anything worth criticising about Murray either - the british media jumped on this head-to-head record, which is completely irrelevant. Federer said as much, and then proved it.

Someone asked about the commentator - if you watched it on the BBC it was probably Andrew (I came from nothing) Castle. A p***k of the absolute highest order, does breakfast tv too, and is a real w**ker.

EagleLord

love it that before matches, the media call him a great young british talent, or one of britians best sportsmen...then he loses and its, 'the scottish tennis sensation was beaten today.......'

gallsman

Quote from: haranguerer on January 31, 2010, 01:54:34 PM
Someone asked about the commentator - if you watched it on the BBC it was probably Andrew (I came from nothing) Castle. A p***k of the absolute highest order, does breakfast tv too, and is a real w**ker.

Not to mention an excellent and knowledgeable tennis commentator or anything.  ::)

It was Castle and John Lloyd.

Aerlik

Quote from: ross4life on January 31, 2010, 03:37:44 AM
that was the flag he was given big deal, it's like during the Ryder cup when one of our Irish players are given a European flag instead of a Irish one

We chose to become part of the European Union!

I'm glad he was pasted, although I only watched the last three games as I don't really like tennis.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

tyroneboi

Quote from: gallsman on January 31, 2010, 02:37:44 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on January 31, 2010, 01:54:34 PM

Not to mention an excellent and knowledgeable tennis commentator or anything.  ::)

It was Castle and John Lloyd.

It was Chris Bailey and John Lloyd commentating this morning.

There is no doubt Murray will win a major in the next year or two. And I think on this occasion the hype about Murray is justified because he is a class player.

Trevor Hill

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 31, 2010, 11:50:41 AM
I don't mind Murray but he never looked like winning, Federer made him look like a wee boy.

Likewise. I think people have a dislike for people like Murray, Jenson Button or Lewis Hamiltion because the British media create so much hype around them. Murray seems like a nice lad, isn't too fond of his English neighbours and is a decent tennis player, though Federer did make him look like a wee boy today.
Its strange that the posters who don't like Murray because he is British are ususally the most prolific posters on the soccer threads and not just the FAI thread. Grow up lads, if there was a thread like this on OWC you`d all be going mad.

longrunsthefox

It is not beacuse he is British I don't like him. He just has nausiating mannerisms,especially that pumping the fist thing. Brits I liked or admired include Bobby Charlton, Chris Eubanks, Johnny Wilkinson, Steve Davis... so it ain't because he is a Brit. 

gallsman

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 31, 2010, 03:21:47 PM
It is not beacuse he is British I don't like him. He just has nausiating mannerisms,especially that pumping the fist thing. Brits I liked or admired include Bobby Charlton, Chris Eubanks, Johnny Wilkinson, Steve Davis... so it ain't because he is a Brit.

Nauseating mannerisms upset you, but you like or admire Chris Eubank...?!?!

longrunsthefox

Quote from: gallsman on January 31, 2010, 03:31:38 PM

I didn't until, was it, Michael Watson had him on the floor and he got up and beat him. It was an epic fight and I thought he showed pure courage that night. Afterwards his mannerisms amused me. The strutting, monocle and lisp was all a bit daft. But yip I admired him from that fight on...

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: ONeill on January 31, 2010, 12:17:51 PM
Disappointed for Murray. He had the chances in that tiebreak to force a 4th and I think he would've gotten stronger. Federer was desperate to finish it early. Great champion though.

To me Murray looked completely ballixed in the tie break.  Federer played him off the court.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

ziggysego

Quote from: gallsman on January 31, 2010, 03:31:38 PM

Poor Chris. He had corrective surgery last year to get rid of the lisp and it has left him with a whistle  :D
Testing Accessibility