Tyrone v Fermanagh

Started by never kickt a ball, February 07, 2007, 12:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

The last thread on this disappeared during change over, so here goes again. Should be a close match?

tyroneman

(As said before) Think this will be close indeed. Owens usually has a good game on SON and after the win last year Fermanagh will have no fear of coming to Omagh.

however I would expect the defeat in Fermanagh, the size of the panel, the players who will have points to prove and the momentum started in Dublin added to last years overall debacle should ensure a very hungry red hand team.

That is if it goes ahead................

tyroneman

Team due out tonight wioth a few changes apparantly. Would expect SON back in woth maybe Rouse or McCullogh alongside.

hopefully the Penrose 'experiment' is now over and Justy McMahon will nip in.

Hub for MF and we are all set.

Star Spangler

Watched the game again last night and I agree that Penrose has had more than enough chances.  Any time I watch him the term "headless chicken" springs to mind.

FermPundit

Looking forward to the game Saturday night. There should be a decent crowd in attendance which should lead to a great atmosphere under the floodlights. Hopefully the lads can put in a decent performance. They showed last year that they're capable of beating Tyrone although they're at a disadvantage this year with the game with Limerick being postponed last Sunday. Avoiding relegation is the prime objective this year but I firmly believe we'll surprise one or two teams in this division!!
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

ONeill

With Ricey out it'll be interesting to see who captains the side this weekend - not that it'll make any difference. I'd imagine Cavanagh or Gormley will get the nod.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

I'd take a guess and say that the college 4, will get a start on Saturday night or else the whole thing becomes even more fruitless.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Pascal McConnell, Damian McCaul, Peter Donnelly, Dermot Carlin, Brendan Boggs, Conor Gormley, Justin McMahon, Kevin Hughes, Sean Cavanagh, Raymond Mulgrew, Owen Mulligan, Colm Cavanagh, Ryan Mellon, Colm McCullagh, Enda McGinley

Subs: Jonathan Curran, Colm Donnelly, Niall Gormley, Davy Harte , Kelvin Hughes, Cathal McCarron, Michael McGee, Cormac McGinley, Tommy McGuigan, Michael Murphy, Stephen O'Neill, Martin Penrose, Paul Quinn, Paul Rouse, Declan Treanor 

You'd think I knew the collage lads would start....but I honestly didn't!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

6 positional changes at the back!!

Somewhat of a settled forward line.

And...a decent bench. 
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Glad to see MH seems to be using the league (opening rounds at least) to experiment a wee bit. Encouraging also to see so many changes and still be quite impressed by the look of the team.
Big day for Donnelly at FB. He's yet to convince for Tyrone but FB is up for graps so now lets see what he can do there.

Paul Marlow played one of the McKenna Cup games did he not? How is he looking thesedays?

Fuzzman

So still no word on Cavlan eh?

And still no Joey McMahon.
Does Mickey not like him or something?

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 08, 2007, 11:41:52 PM
So still no word on Cavlan eh?

And still no Joey McMahon.
Does Mickey not like him or something?

Isnt Joey injured?? Seem to remember hearing he was unlikely to be fit for sometime.

As for Cavlan Im not sure about his role for Tyrone thesedays, for various reaons its a long time since he had a good run of form for the county. If he is willing to knuckle down maybe he still has something to offer but if Mickey feels its more important at this stage to give the younger ones like Raymie Mulgrew and Colm Cavanagh a run then its hard to disagree.

ClosetotheHarte

I heard Joey needs an operation before he can play again but I don't know how long this means he will be out.
Good to see Justin finally getting his first outing and I hope he makes the most of it because chances are going to be limited for the newer players.
Don't know what the situation with Cavo is. A very talented player, undoubtedly, but I suspect we've seen the best/last of him. Maybe he's simply not on the bench because he's injured, I don't know.
I'm hoping for Mulgrew and Cavanagh Junior to continue where they left off against Dublin - plus I'm keen to see how McCaul and Boggs get on along with Donnelly at full back.
I make it seven changes altogether from last week - good to see MH experimenting and hopefully still continuing to win.

realredhandfan

Fairly happy with that team.  Will be interesting to see Donnelly at no 3 after hearing so much about him.  Its a reasonably  inexperienced f/b line and it could be a case of all sink or all swim, bar that Im fairly happy with everything else.  I think Carlin who is flying this year has a better chance in the f/b line than half back line.  Cant wait to see Justim Mc Mahon.