Mid West Radio (MWR)

Started by Shrewdness, January 26, 2010, 08:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

i hope to fook you are not bragging about that gimp Foley!

Farrandeelin

Or any of those idiots who love to hear themselves talk on i102104. It would be a great station if they could just shut up and play music.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

i was on mid west twice
sirst time in a quiz . it was meant to be  a new venture a studio based team quiz. we Got there with and the only person there was the quizmaster. every one else was at a live gig in bohola where the star of the night was a singing sheepdog and thery were so enraoutured by the dog they extended the show by half anhour and never came back to the studio for the quiz . end of program.
next was a debate on masstricht i was severly out gunned with me amd W binchy  on one side ross td JOhn connor ,tom parlon and the mighty  Then Minister P Flynn on the other .
Well me self and the boys were waith for the minter to turn up we were given mugs of tea and marrietta biscuits but when Flynn came out comes the China Teapot, cup and Fancy Buns .
No one else got a word in for the next hour
Ye gotta love them
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ballboy

Happened to be in a house a few weeks ago on a Sunday evening which had MWR on. Seamus Duffy's traditional music programme was on at the time.
I guess this guy is of the old school type from what followed. He was closing up the show and started to thank the staff for their assistance producing the programme. Then he proceeded to thank the sound guy by saying that he "worked  like a nigger all night!" i nearly fell off my chair laughing with disbelief and then he said it against as to reiterate the point! Gas stuff I tell ya.   ;D
Sorry just noticed that somebody already posted about this story.

heineken_on_tap

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on January 27, 2010, 04:42:19 PM
Ya I have often come home from a Mayo FBD or an away Mayo League game and Dad has listened to the match on MWR, when I arrive in home, he tells me it was a great game all together, to which I usually respond "it was utter shite". He heard a totally different game to the one I watched, yet it was between the same teams, at the same venue, on the same day at the same time.
Its a lot better than what the Rossies have, I have listened to Under-age games between Mayo & Roscommon and switch between the two, on MWR its all mono-tone, Mayo playing good football, the lads doing well, or Roscommon is going through a Purple patch, on Shannonside (I think) its a lad having a fit, bursten the eardrums, going the ref. is against us, the Mayo lads are up to awful tricks, those cheating so-in-sos, its all Roscommon we are playing great stuff, they are only losing because the weathers terrible, Mayo are fielding 15 players and the Mayo fans are putting them off cheering for Mayo, the cheating so-in-sos its totally against the ethos of the GAA, bla bla bla bla, big yelp, bla bla bla, they are being robbed, bla bla bla, yelp, moan, moan, moan.

Then again the local station down in Kerry is unbearable, "a sure we're greeeeeeeeat all together sure we areeeeeee"

or Dublin "come on the boys in blue, they going to win the All-Ireland, sure what would those boggers know about football, they all live in barns and rhoide sheep"

Generic Ulster local radio "typical Free-Staters they all against us, its a conspiracy" or "well Ulster had been the dominant force in the GAA scince it was invented in 1991 or 1992 or 1993, 2002 or 2003"

Galway Bay FM "We the only real Dual County, its a lot tougher on Galway, if we hadn't to worry about being so good, because we are really and we have the Races, and the festivals, and the Spanish Arch & Micheal D. and Macnas we invented the craic, and we are a student City. If we didn't have all that other stuff we would be winning All-Ireland's every year like Kerry or Kilkenny, more to be honest because we are the Tribesmen and we're brilliant sure"

Either you have a serious chip on your shoulder or a bit WUM, possibly a bit of both. You are taking on too much on trying to listen to all the different radio stations, stick with dat foley lad on today fm, say he would be more your cup of tea alright ;)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: heineken_on_tap on February 01, 2010, 03:21:26 PM

Either you have a serious chip on your shoulder or a bit WUM, possibly a bit of both. You are taking on too much on trying to listen to all the different radio stations, stick with dat foley lad on today fm, say he would be more your cup of tea alright ;)

Eh! We have things called Cars with things called radios in them in Mayo (we also have an invention called the wheel) when we drive these cars to other locations (that exist outside of Roscommon) we listen to these radios.

Chip about radio stations! I don't think I do, well not about this anyways, probably have a West V the Rest Chip, but sure I wouldn't be slagging the Rossies in that case would I.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

AbbeySider

I think you the one being a WUM, typical sheepstealer antagonistic statement

heineken_on_tap

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 02, 2010, 11:23:05 AM

Eh! We have things called Cars with things called radios in them in Mayo (we also have an invention called the wheel) when we drive these cars to other locations (that exist outside of Roscommon) we listen to these radios.

Chip about radio stations! I don't think I do, well not about this anyways, probably have a West V the Rest Chip, but sure I wouldn't be slagging the Rossies in that case would I.

Good man, and if you have the internet you can listen to most of them that way too ;D Ah no, I see at home how much my parents, neighbours rely on the local radio stations and while they may be a bit biased now and then in their views sure that is normal as unlike the national stations they are there solely to cater for the local community.

While I can see how Willie Hegarty from Shannonside would annoy you listening to a mayo-ros match as he can be extremly pro Ros(and go on ridiculous rants)  but sure da lads in mid west/galway bay are no better. I don't have any issue with that myself.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: heineken_on_tap on February 02, 2010, 02:39:42 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 02, 2010, 11:23:05 AM

Good man, and if you have the internet you can listen to most of them that way too ;D Ah no, I see at home how much my parents, neighbours rely on the local radio stations and while they may be a bit biased now and then in their views sure that is normal as unlike the national stations they are there solely to cater for the local community.

While I can see how Willie Hegarty from Shannonside would annoy you listening to a mayo-ros match as he can be extremly pro Ros(and go on ridiculous rants)  but sure da lads in mid west/galway bay are no better. I don't have any issue with that myself.

Have to say Willie Hegarty is passionate if anything, but the amount of times I have heard him say during games (Under-age because its been a long time since Roscommon gave Mayo a proper National League or Championship game, 2001 when ye beat us at the death if I remember) that Roscommon where all over Mayo and beating them up a stick but 9 out of 10 times its usually Mayo that win. The lads on Mid West seem to be on Morphine in comparison. I have tried to listen to either or both stations while at under-age or senior games but usually get sick of listening after 15 minutes, not because of the coverage but because sure when your at the game its hard to enjoy the atmosphere with an earphone in your ear.

I have absolutely no problem with Roscommon other than when the Ballaghaderreen argument comes up, and then ye annoy the Holy Fck out of me. As I said am 1/4 Rossie myself and one of my best mates is a Rossie, and I spent as late as 2008 telling anyone who would listen that Roscommon would be back, that they would put up a good fight this year, that they one of the few counties I know that have fans as loyal as Mayo's, but bar the bit about loyal fans, I have lost all faith in Roscommon football.

ludermor

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 02, 2010, 09:43:42 PM

I have absolutely no problem with Roscommon other than when the Ballaghaderreen argument comes up, and then ye annoy the Holy Fck out of me. As I said am 1/4 Rossie myself and one of my best mates is a Rossie, and I spent as late as 2008 telling anyone who would listen that Roscommon would be back, that they would put up a good fight this year, that they one of the few counties I know that have fans as loyal as Mayo's, but bar the bit about loyal fans, I have lost all faith in Roscommon football.
AH HA!! Its all become clear now.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ludermor on February 02, 2010, 10:23:00 PM

AH HA!! Its all become clear now.

I think that Rossie bit might be 1/4 Kerry too. So thats 1/16'th Kerry if my maths are correct!!!!!!!!!!!

ludermor

The kerry bit got diluted fairly quickly but by f**k the Rossie part expanded.

AbbeySider

Traitor

:P

heineken_on_tap

You have a 1/4 of good pedigree so  ;) I won't say anything about Ballaghaderreen or problems with Ros football, we could go for hundreds of pages and still not solve it. Anyways long live da local radio stations :)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: AbbeySider on February 03, 2010, 10:07:21 AM

Traitor

:P

Feck off, Mayo to the core, I would just like to see Roscommon football back up at Mayo & Galways level, with Mayo and Galway at the top table and Mayo King of the Hill, would like to see Leitrim and Sligo strong too, and New York & London providing a degree of greater challenge, a strong Connacht would hopefully result in a Mayo that would eat Kerry for breakfast and Shite out their best and boldest, dusters and all (have a lot of respect for the player I hinted at just there by the way)