Dublin CB reject Eamon Fennell's transfer request - were they right or wrong ?

Started by orangeman, January 26, 2010, 11:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Were Dublin CB right or wrong to reject the transfer request by Fennell ?

CB were 100% right.
48 (56.5%)
If someone wants to move, they should be allowed to leave. It's a player's right.
37 (43.5%)

Total Members Voted: 85

ricky-bobby

I think in eamons case,it was a legitimate reason,and the length of time it took for it to be resolved showed what a complex and tough case it was.Where it goes ftom here i dont know,especially since the dcb have wiped their hands of the case.just hope we dont lose eamo over it.he's a good skin.

Hound

He'll either give it up at the end of the season or he'll go to a Meath club.

Declan

QuoteHe'll either give it up at the end of the season or he'll go to a Meath club.
Is he living out that direction Hound? Must tell the club ;) ;) 

Hound

Quote from: Declan on June 29, 2010, 01:49:46 PM
QuoteHe'll either give it up at the end of the season or he'll go to a Meath club.
Is he living out that direction Hound? Must tell the club ;) ;)
Just guesswork on the basis he won't play for O'Tooles and he can't play for anyone else in Dublin!

Canalman

No winners here I'm afraid. Basically the vote imo was the smaller clubs standing up and saying "no more" to poaching. EF was a pawn caught in the power struggle and I feel sorry for him. I can well believe him when he said that during the summer there would be only 5/6 at football  training at O'Tooles.

Still think we (in Dublin) need a wider spread of clubs on our county teams. Thankfully our underage teams are reflecting this wider spread.

heffo

Quote from: ricky-bobby on June 29, 2010, 01:13:28 PM
Where it goes ftom here i dont know,especially since the dcb have wiped their hands of the case.

I don't believe they've wiped their hands of it at all - it's been dealt with twice now by the County Committee - case closed.

The only update will be if he decides to make an IC transfer or return to O'Tooles

lynchbhoy

ricky-bobby

case closed,cleaned their hands of it,its all the same.harrington says its finished as far as dcb are concerned.i think gilroys involvement didnt help,even more so after sundays game.
on another note,dean rock goin to boston,fair play to him,every young lad should do it.best of luck to him.

Declan

QuoteFennells best bet is to go to Dunshaughlin

I'd agree with that LB ;)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Declan on June 29, 2010, 03:26:56 PM
QuoteFennells best bet is to go to Dunshaughlin

I'd agree with that LB ;)
could end up out there myself Dec...must organise that game, I'm playing a third game in a week, so will be ready to play ya after that !!
will explain then !

Declan

orangeman

Quote from: Canalman on June 29, 2010, 02:22:00 PM
No winners here I'm afraid. Basically the vote imo was the smaller clubs standing up and saying "no more" to poaching. EF was a pawn caught in the power struggle and I feel sorry for him. I can well believe him when he said that during the summer there would be only 5/6 at football  training at O'Tooles.
Still think we (in Dublin) need a wider spread of clubs on our county teams. Thankfully our underage teams are reflecting this wider spread.

I'm not doubting you but that's incredible.

muppet

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on June 29, 2010, 11:05:55 AM
Quote from: muppet on February 09, 2010, 01:57:23 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on February 09, 2010, 08:45:01 AM
Yep to an extent. And its something I have no problem with.

As it happens he's going to the DRA next week I believe.

Fair enough. That's your opinion and you are entitled to it (and I accept that it is probably the majority's opinion) .

I just find it uncomfortable that in the 21st century, in a so called free country where freedom of movement is a given, also after winning back the right to own our own land and to do with it as we (individuals) please, that the concept of players being 'owned' for life still exists.

i find it more uncomfortable that some GAA members don't have a problem with glory hunting seeking transfers. its completely against the ethos of the organisation

Will these people be happy if Fennell quits the game completely?
MWWSI 2017

lynchbhoy

dont know if this has been said prev - too lazy to look - but an account of this from a high up member of our own club said -
part of Fennells appeal to the board was that he is now being attacked in nightclubs by former otooles team mates.
At the meeting otooles representatives ignored this and said that once his appeal fails, they will 'welcome' him back to the club.
Fennell stated that there was no way he could or now would go back to o'tooles.
Otooles then stated that if he didnt go back to them they would lobby for his removal from the Dublin panel !!
what a nice bunch of lads.
Not only will Fennell now be looking at the best club in the area to go to (undoubtedly in meath) he will possibly have to join the royals if he is kicked out of Dublin intercounty squad !
That would solve meaths midfield problem and stop people moaning about poor mark ward !

Though as Fennell is very friendly with the Plunketts crew, I would say they would nearly go on strike if DCB try to kick Fennell out of Dublin panel !

what a disaster of affairs. I can understand Otooles annoyance, but he's gone - let him go.

ricky-bobby

Didn't hear that one lynchbhoy,but if its true about attacks in pubs and clubs then eamo has every right not to set foot near o'tooles again,what player in their right mind would?it must be a very very small minority against him from the o'tooles senior panel,cause any lads i've talked to from o'tooles are at ease with eamon and his decision.To think that with eamon being a GPO,he is coaching out in finbarrs on behalf of the county board,what happens there?Would you work for those dinosaurs who are in control of your footballing career.Must be a frustrating situation to be in.