The Good American in Haiti

Started by magickingdom, January 25, 2010, 07:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Are you saying you don't support or sympathize with Hamas?
This illustrates perfectly the point being made by a few of us here that you
dare to castrate the US over human rights violations while turning a blind eye
on China, Iran or Venezuela to name but a few >:(
The US is far from perfect no doubt and I do believe that message has been put out there
many many times on here but in the eyes of haters they can do Fcuk
all right ...ever  ::)  shameful really!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

mountainboii

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 26, 2010, 10:36:17 PM
The US is far from perfect no doubt and I do believe that message has been put out there

Ouch!

muppet

I don't particularly want to get involved here (mainly because I've been in at least 20 states and the average American that I've met is as decent, conscientious and generous as any citizens anywhere) but the only reason I won't criticise this particular action is because I will give Obama a chance.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Quote from: give her dixie on January 26, 2010, 09:24:26 PM

Let me point out this much, I have nothing against the US population, just the corrupt Government that sends troops into Haiti before life saving aid.

John, are you aware of what was happening on the ground before meaningful aid could be effectively distributed?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

give her dixie

The thread is about the US role in Haiti. If there was a seperate thread on Hamas, China, Iran, or Venezuela then I would comment on that thread.

I tell you what, if you are so proud of the good work the US are doing in Haiti and in other places in the world, go on and fill us in. Let us know what they are doing good at the moment for humanity in the world.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

Quote from: ONeill on January 26, 2010, 11:29:51 PM

Let me point out this much, I have nothing against the US population, just the corrupt Government that sends troops into Haiti before life saving aid.

John, are you aware of what was happening on the ground before meaningful aid could be effectively distributed?

Yes. I have a few friends who are out here working at present. They have kept me well informed as to what is going on, and who is doing what in Haiti.
Plus, all you have to do is to watch the TV, and sure practically the only planes landing in Haiti in the 1st week were troops.
Aid was piled up and no one delivering it.

Did anyone watch ITV news last night where a UN truck arrived to deliver food to a stricken region. The UN officials handed everyone out forms to fill in. Most couldn't write. Then, the UN closed the back doors and drove off, leaving hungry people even hungrier.

It is a well documented fact that the unrest was hyped up by the US and the mainstream media.

Zapatista

It's amazing that in my reply to the thread title, I get attacked for my user name, for supporting the Taliban, Hamas, for watching the "wrong" News station, for disliking the US, etc, etc. Have these same people read my post? Have they any argument with what I said? Why the personal attacks?

Let me point out this much, I have nothing against the US population, just the corrupt Government that sends troops into Haiti before life saving aid. I attack them for sending $7million a day into Israel in order to ethnically cleanse Palestinians, including the slaughter of innocent children. I witnessed their handy work in Gaza where US built F16's dropped bombs 1 km from the Sports Club I was in, killing people in the process. I seen the construction of the 30 metre underground wall they are building along the Egyptian border to cut off the supply of food into Gaza. A wall they couldn't build in New Orleans. I was attacked by Egyptian forces who are paid for by the US Govt. to the tune of nearly $2billion per year. I seen their work in Chile, Bolivia, Argentina, etc, etc, where they propped up one ruthless dictator after another. Plus, last March, I surveyed the damage that their bombs and bullets did in pulverising Gaza, and killing 1,400 people in 3 weeks.

These are just some of the examples of what I have personally witnessed, and that is before I elaborate on Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc, etc.

So, if by critising US foreign policy for their total disregard for human rights and humanity happens to piss off a few people on this board, well, I couldn't care less.

I was going to point out earlier that you have a very well eductaed opinion on this topic but decided to wait for your response. I'm gald I did now :)

THe common defence for any criticism of the USA is 'you just hate everything the US do, they can do no right in your book'. Which, of course, is bull. I'm sure the posters here don't hate the cast friends or the makers of look who's talking or the many other millions in the US that seem pretty good. Bertie Ahern used the same tactics when he said 'I didn't make the millions people are claiming I made'. No one claimed that but it's a good tactic to defend something you haven't been accused off, it takes the attention off the topic.

Tyrones own

QuoteThe thread is about the US role in Haiti. If there was a seperate thread on Hamas, China, Iran, or Venezuela then I would comment on that thread.
Ah I see...that's convenient ::) ... and I see you're learning from others around here answering direct questions with questions :-X
I tell you what, if you are so proud of the good work the US are doing in Haiti and in other places in the world, go on and fill us in. Let us know what they are doing good at the moment for humanity in the world.
Eh... I honestly don't know where to start even if i did have the time, I do know that they're usually first in there after a disaster no matter what part of the world offering aid, funding and support in any way possible, is there any other country that gives as much aid to struggling countries?
How much has your neighboring wealthy Arab countries donated to Haiti by the way or China for that matter?
  - Walter Lippmann

trileacman

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 27, 2010, 12:11:10 AM
QuoteThe thread is about the US role in Haiti. If there was a seperate thread on Hamas, China, Iran, or Venezuela then I would comment on that thread.
Ah I see...that's convenient ::) ... and I see you're learning from others around here answering direct questions with questions :-X
Eh... I honestly don't know where to start even if i did have the time, I do know that they're usually first in there after a disaster no matter what part of the world offering aid, funding and support in any way possible, is there any other country that gives as much aid to struggling countries?
How much has your neighboring wealthy Arab countries donated to Haiti by the way or China for that matter?
Gaza aye??
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

It's amazing that in my reply to the thread title, I get attacked for my user name, for supporting the Taliban, Hamas, for watching the "wrong" News station, for disliking the US, etc, etc. Have these same people read my post? Have they any argument with what I said? Why the personal attacks?

Let me point out this much, I have nothing against the US population, just the corrupt Government that sends troops into Haiti before life saving aid. I attack them for sending $7million a day into Israel in order to ethnically cleanse Palestinians, including the slaughter of innocent children. I witnessed their handy work in Gaza where US built F16's dropped bombs 1 km from the Sports Club I was in, killing people in the process. I seen the construction of the 30 metre underground wall they are building along the Egyptian border to cut off the supply of food into Gaza. A wall they couldn't build in New Orleans. I was attacked by Egyptian forces who are paid for by the US Govt. to the tune of nearly $2billion per year. I seen their work in Chile, Bolivia, Argentina, etc, etc, where they propped up one ruthless dictator after another. Plus, last March, I surveyed the damage that their bombs and bullets did in pulverising Gaza, and killing 1,400 people in 3 weeks.

These are just some of the examples of what I have personally witnessed, and that is before I elaborate on Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc, etc.

So, if by critising US foreign policy for their total disregard for human rights and humanity happens to piss off a few people on this board, well, I couldn't care less.
I don't like to be seen taking sides in an argument I know nothing about but there is a post worthy of a standing ovation.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tyrones own

:D You just admitted to knowing nothing about it but yet know it's worthy of a standing O :o
ye see posts like this only cement my point here..."they'd swallow
a fridge back there" as the saying goes!
I was actually confused reading it TBH...are we still talking about the US or have we moved on to Israel ???
See John... the young lads here might not notice the clever change up there but it's not lost here ;)
  - Walter Lippmann

mountainboii

TO, constant attempts at belittlement and ridicule of others do little for your arguments. You might find more allies around here if your posts weren't always drenched with smarm and condescension.

Tyrones own

Quote from: AFS on January 27, 2010, 01:42:22 AM
TO, constant attempts at belittlement and ridicule of others do little for your arguments. You might find more allies around here if your posts weren't always drenched with smarm and condescension.
Cheers AFS, I'll take that on board however I'm really not all that insecure that I need to feel accepted
on an internet discussion board  :)
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

- Walter Lippmann

give her dixie

TO, have a read through this article and you will find that the US are far from being the most generous when it comes to donating aid.

Have a read at some of the conditions they put on countries recieving aid.

You will find it all interesting reading

http://www.globalissues.org/article/35/us-and-foreign-aid-assistance