Sky+ HD

Started by mournerambler, January 20, 2010, 11:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

did you get the upgraded software . it seems to be a low slower in changing channels than eirher the old sky + hd or the regular sky + . I hav both so the feed seems to be ok 
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

David McKeown

The problem I have with Sky HD is that because of bandwidth issues its only available in 1080i which isnt true HD, consequently I am requiring either my av receiver or tv to upscale.  That said I do like the fact that there is a big audio improvement on most HD shows, provided you connect to your sky box using an optical cable and can therefore get Dolby Digital.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Boycey

Anyone south of the border noticed if their ITV1 HD has disappeared from "other channels"? Went to watch something on it at the weekend and it'd gone. Fancied watching the footie on it tonight.

ziggysego

Quote from: Boycey on September 29, 2010, 03:37:29 PM
Anyone south of the border noticed if their ITV1 HD has disappeared from "other channels"? Went to watch something on it at the weekend and it'd gone. Fancied watching the footie on it tonight.

Happened to me, north of the border.
Testing Accessibility

Boycey

Quote from: ziggysego on September 29, 2010, 03:40:47 PM

Hmm, thought they'd blocked it in the south or something and if you manually input the codes again does it come back on??

bamboo

You sure it has'nt moved to ch178? Has done here in London

ziggysego

Quote from: Boycey on September 29, 2010, 03:45:44 PM

Hmm, thought they'd blocked it in the south or something and if you manually input the codes again does it come back on??

ITV HD isn't available in Ireland (north and south) and Scotland. No, it doesn't come back on, or at least it didn't for me.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: bamboo on September 29, 2010, 03:47:51 PM
You sure it has'nt moved to ch178? Has done here in London

I checked that too, last week. Nope, nothing there.
Testing Accessibility

Boycey

Quote from: ziggysego on September 29, 2010, 03:48:05 PM

ITV HD isn't available in Ireland (north and south) and Scotland. No, it doesn't come back on, or at least it didn't for me.

Strange that it did work for so long and then stopped??? Will try and manually tune it tonight and see what happens.

ziggysego

Quote from: Boycey on September 29, 2010, 03:58:25 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on September 29, 2010, 03:48:05 PM

Strange that it did work for so long and then stopped??? Will try and manually tune it tonight and see what happens.

ITV HD wasn't officially available on Sky+ HD until recently. Once it was official, they were able to block it.
Testing Accessibility

nrico2006

ITV HD is available in the north, you just have to tune the frequency in yourself.  Problem is that you can only watch the channel in real time and also you cannot record or view the listings for whats on currently or whats on next.  Scotland, Northern Ireland and Channel Islands can not receive ITV1 HD  because the regional broadcaster decided not to take up ITV's HD offering.

As for quality of Sky HD, there is some difference in the quality but this is dependent on your TV.  I have saw Sky HD on a normal 42 Inch HD Ready Plasma (720) and the quality is nothing special, whereas on my 42 Inch Full HD Plasma (1080p) the quality is unreal. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 29, 2010, 04:23:51 PM
ITV HD is available in the north, you just have to tune the frequency in yourself.  Problem is that you can only watch the channel in real time and also you cannot record or view the listings for whats on currently or whats on next.  Scotland, Northern Ireland and Channel Islands can not receive ITV1 HD  because the regional broadcaster decided not to take up ITV's HD offering.

As for quality of Sky HD, there is some difference in the quality but this is dependent on your TV.  I have saw Sky HD on a normal 42 Inch HD Ready Plasma (720) and the quality is nothing special, whereas on my 42 Inch Full HD Plasma (1080p) the quality is unreal.

What make & model is your Full HD? Probably down to an excellent upscaler.

Anyone know how to get ITV HD on FreeSat?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

gerrykeegan

watching it right now no problems
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Boycey

Quote from: gerrykeegan on September 29, 2010, 09:28:09 PM
watching it right now no problems

Yeah I manually tuned it following instructions from Internet, channel called 10510 now as opposed to itv Hd but same thing

eastern_gael

Looks like HD will be made redundant in the not too distant future. Sky due to bring out their 3D tv in the coming months!!