Sky+ HD

Started by mournerambler, January 20, 2010, 11:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mournerambler

Got this installed & to be honest I don't see a huge difference in it & the normal Sky+, are there any other posters that have it or even have an opinion on it or it's alleged benefits?

Archie Mitchell

Do you have a HDMI cable between Sky+ box and TV? What channels are you watching in HD?

mournerambler

the sky boyo installed it & said there was a HDMI cable between the TV & sky box, i've been watching soccer games mostly & i do notice thae quality is slightly better but nowhere near what I was expecting.

Archie Mitchell

What sort of TV do you have? You might need to change some settings on it. I changed some settings on mine and made a good difference.

mournerambler

Sony 50" LCD rear projector, don't get me wrong Archie it is a better quality but not what I was expecting for a tenner a month.

Archie Mitchell

Not sure then. Have you seen someone else with HD to see if its any different?

ziggysego

Depends on what you're watching, that you get the full benefit of HD.

The Dark Knight - amazing
Doctors - what's the difference
Testing Accessibility

mournerambler

I've asked numerous friends if they have it & have yet to find someone who has, starting to feel like i've been screwed  :(

Archie Mitchell

Are you watching the HD channels or just the normal channels?

mournerambler

Jasus Archie give me a bit of cred  ;D
Yeah i'm watching the HD channels.

JimStynes

The aul fella is going to cancel sky and get freesat in with the new tv hes getting. Is there any free hd channels on free sat? I got myself a new 32 inch tv and the difference with the playstation and watching dvds is unreal.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: mournerambler on January 20, 2010, 11:36:17 PM

Sorry, but you never know and have to ask these questions. Not sure then. Unless you ring them and say your not happy and get someone out to have a look at it.

Quote from: JimStynes on January 20, 2010, 11:37:54 PM
The aul fella is going to cancel sky and get freesat in with the new tv hes getting. Is there any free hd channels on free sat? I got myself a new 32 inch tv and the difference with the playstation and watching dvds is unreal.

Jim, I think BBC, ITV, CH4 are HD channels through freesat.

mournerambler

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 20, 2010, 11:41:39 PM

Sorry, but you never know and have to ask these questions. Not sure then. Unless you ring them and say your not happy and get someone out to have a look at it.

I normally would Archie but I really struggle with the Pakistan accent.

TacadoirArdMhacha

We got it when we got Sky last Summer. Its slightly better but no way is it worth the extra money in my view. Tied into a 12 month contract though now!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ziggysego

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 20, 2010, 11:41:39 PM

Just the BBC. HD is only available through ITV London, but I've yet to get it to work. Channel 4 HD isn't available via Freesat.
Testing Accessibility